SNAIL Time Trial Events

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 341 comments
Turns one and two are key. I finally figured out how to let the momentum carry me with minimal brake input. Still trying to shave some time as well. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

Yes brother, all starts with believing! All the magic on combo A is in the transition to turn 2. The rest of the lap, with the crazy grip levels, is mostly pedal to the metal and hit every apex best you can. Last turn is important but far easier than T2. Go for it! You can find time!!!

Last edited:
Get at it @Pigems , you're good for a top 5. If @SAMHAIN85 does more than 2 laps he will take the top spot. Sand bagging with the snail account.

I’ll do my best, the sticky little
Mini is tricky this week, sooo much grip!! I’ll be back at it again tonight :)

Great Lap BTW!! Smoking fast man!! :cheers:

@Pigems runs a Saturday night race that is just the daily races with friends. Would be fun to see all the TT guys come out if they aren't running another series and have a full lobby of minis.

All you guys are welcome to come out any Saturday!! Even if you can only make one race, it’s just for fun with no scores or points, so if you can only do one or a couple races it’s all good. It’s just some clean, friendly racing with guys who don’t want to or don’t have time to do the bumper car battles that are the Daily Races now. :)

Last edited:
I’m getting closer. :D
1DFEEB33-D732-4E1A-9A7C-A9E23642BE43.jpeg

View attachment 826129

I’m down to a .430 now, I think the gain was in S2 mainly, a smidge in T2 perhaps.

Your S2 and S3 times are good for a top 5 lap. I said it earlier, ALL the magic is in transition to turn 2. Band Camp has a blazing S1.

Put your energy into finding the best last turn exit, that's worth .1, and then that pain in the butt T1 to t2 can make the difference between a mid 26 or low 27. Its huge.

Last edited:
Your S2 and S3 times are good for a top 5 lap. I said it earlier, ALL the magic is in transition to turn 2. Band Camp has a blazing S1.

Thanks. I figured it was S1, I just need to find a good T1/T2 and I’ll get the rest of it I think. I’ll pick up some RedBull tomorrow night after work, that outta do it. :lol:

Thanks. I figured it was S1, I just need to find a good T1/T2 and I’ll get the rest of it I think. I’ll pick up some RedBull tomorrow night after work, that outta do it. :lol:
Top world time is about 1.6 flat and he has about .250 is S2 and S3. Not much time left there for you unless you want P1 world.

Top world time is about 1.6 flat and he has about .250 is S2 and S3. Not much time left there for you unless you want P1 world.

I’d be more than happy if I can get a low .3 or maybe a high .2, anything in the .1’s or better would just be bonus money. :)

Had a look at the numbers again. Your S1 time is actually really good. I've been enjoying some wine with the wife, so details are a little messed up, but I'm looking at the screen now. Your S1 is better than mine. You're losing time in S2. Are you riding up on the curbs to shorten the track and straighten the line? If so, then maybe dropping below 66/67mph on the right hand where you have to let off? That's big there too.

You definitely have at least a mid 6.3 to be done.

I'm getting up early, getting caffeinated and doing some laps!

Do you let off a little for the two right hand corners in the Essess? I tried it tonight because the top time was doing it but it seemed slower, you can hold it down the entire way from T2 apex until the entry final turn, so that’s what I’ve been doing. Maybe that’s the problem then lol.

No dont let off there. Turn right up and ride a lot of curb.

Edit: only let off on the right turn before going up the hill to the last turn. Critical to not drop below 67mph and get on throttle quickly for the hill.

20190606_214930.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow is one of the good days. Don't see why I shouldn't be able to get back in top 5.

Last edited:
Back