SNAIL Time Trial Events

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 341 comments
SNAILTimeTrial.jpg

Check the first post on how to join
SNAIL Time Trials

The first sector, and the first corner is driving me nuts. I've found 1,000 ways how not to take it properly. I'm very consistent in being .4 to .7 off of the #1's sector time.

Was working specifically in turn 1 today before work. The video below is my best section 1 time. Hopefully it helps someone. I was amazed I pulled off a 22.1 and quickly proceeded to go sideways into turn 3.

I did mess up the exit of turn 2. Was 2 mph higher than I wanted at apex, went too wide on exit and lost a little time but still my best section 1 due to the better turn 1.

Anyhow, turn 1 is a pita. Yeah, not showing my amazing turn 3 adventure.

For this week we get eight competition provided N300 cars. Each car drives a bit differently and it is fun to try them all. I ran each one for six laps and here is my order from slowest to fastest:

Lancer Evo IV GSR '96
MR2 GT-S '9
RX--7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
NSX Type R '02
Imprezza 22B-STi Version '98
R33 GT-R V-spec '97
R34 GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
R32 GT-R V-spec II '94

Was surprised how slow the MR2 was as it felt faster. The R33 could be the quickest IF you can keep it in the sweet spot between the understeer and the oversteer. Both the R34 and R32 GT-R's felt like cheating due to their stability/grip.

What does your list look like?

For this week we get eight competition provided N300 cars. Each car drives a bit differently and it is fun to try them all. I ran each one for six laps and here is my order from slowest to fastest:

Lancer Evo IV GSR '96
MR2 GT-S '9
RX--7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
NSX Type R '02
Imprezza 22B-STi Version '98
R33 GT-R V-spec '97
R34 GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
R32 GT-R V-spec II '94

Was surprised how slow the MR2 was as it felt faster. The R33 could be the quickest IF you can keep it in the sweet spot between the understeer and the oversteer. Both the R34 and R32 GT-R's felt like cheating due to their stability/grip.

What does your list look like?
I’ve tried the Lancer, RX7, and all of the GT-R V-Spec cars. Best lap has been in the R32 by a long shot.

Haven't tried Daily A yet. Not expecting to do well because I'm horrible with FF cars. I did manage to put my CnF/SNAIL Red Bull in the top 10, for a whole 30 seconds. The second half of the video shows off my very weak skills with liveries. Its simple but I'm proud of how it looks.

Haven't tried Daily A yet. Not expecting to do well because I'm horrible with FF cars. I did manage to put my CnF/SNAIL Red Bull in the top 10, for a whole 30 seconds. The second half of the video shows off my very weak skills with liveries. Its simple but I'm proud of how it looks.

Very insightful @Oshawa-Joe. I see where I can trim some time by following your gear shift pattern. I hope! Currently at 2:05.297.
Thank you for sharing!

Back