SNAIL vs Lobanaro [Rivals Event]

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 373 comments
There’s one more thing that I thought of that may need some discussion. I’m less familiar Project Cars 2 but I remember jumping on it for &20 to only find out that I needed a Season pass ($30) and maybe even some car packs?
@Rednose58

Let the s...talk begin..........

The problem as I see it is the Dark Side drivers have graduated from a game to a real racing sim and are far superior in every way. How can a lowly Spurt driver expect to keep up? Impossible I say, Impossible.
Lol that's too funny I figured @Hanable had to jump on the pcars team since he knew without him none of you guys stood a chance

Well, it's a neat idea, but the logistics may be an issue for everybody's schedule. I just fired up GTS for the first time in six months and I don't have much of a garage or money to buy many cars. I also don't have enough levels to play many of the tracks, so I would imagine that would be a problem for those who don't have it at all.

I'm pretty sure all the tracks are 'unlocked' when you play online, so unlocking the tracks shouldnt be an issue. Credits on the other hand might be (remember the days when we could 'gift' cars to eachother? that'd help right about now) Like its been mentioned, theres ways to gain credits fast with no work. But I'm sure you'll probably want to put in some practice, and those practice sessions will net you credits right there.

We'll make sure whichever Sport cars we use wont break the bank. Something affordable that almost anyone can afford.

There’s one more thing that I thought of that may need some discussion. I’m less familiar Project Cars 2 but I remember jumping on it for &20 to only find out that I needed a Season pass ($30) and maybe even some car packs?
@Rednose58

Good question

The game is $79.99 on the canadian PS4 store - same price on bestbuy.ca
I'm in Michigan for new years, maybe if I have time I'll go check and see if Best Buy has a copy.

I've made several posts about the price issue of pCARS.. To me, the problem with pCARS that nobody ever talks about is Bandai Namco's reluctancy to ever put it on sale.. To still charge well over $80 for a game that's been out for over a year is hurting the game at this point.

I bought the game on sale about 6 months ago for approximately a 60% discount, but haven't seen any sales since.

Pcars2 is still 60 bucks? I bought both gtsport and pcars new so i assumed by now both would be 20 or 30 dollars. Totally forgot about the expensive season passes and the 16 year download time of gtsport. Certainly adds complexity to a otherwise great event for snail in general. Might have to make this a more than one time event for everyone to feel the sacrifice is worth it. Its worth it in my opinion just might take more organizing then usual.

Last edited:
I updated PCars2 last night and ran a race weekend in the series I was in when I put the game away (Ginetta Jr.). I did not purchase the season pass or any of the DLC packs as I wanted to make sure the game wasn't the same bug fest as the first one. When it was filled with bugs early, I put it away. I would assume that most of those bugs have been addressed. I just don't have the time to invest into another racing title. I am willing to put in enough time for a one off event with some guys that I haven't raced with in a long time. I won't be buying any DLC packs or season passes if it's necessary to run this one off event.

I updated PCars2 last night and ran a race weekend in the series I was in when I put the game away (Ginetta Jr.). I did not purchase the season pass or any of the DLC packs as I wanted to make sure the game wasn't the same bug fest as the first one. When it was filled with bugs early, I put it away. I would assume that most of those bugs have been addressed. I just don't have the time to invest into another racing title. I am willing to put in enough time for a one off event with some guys that I haven't raced with in a long time. I won't be buying any DLC packs or season passes if it's necessary to run this one off event.
It was plagued with bugs in the beginning. They fixed it. If your internet dont jive with the host like on gtsport weird stuff happens.

It was plagued with bugs in the beginning. They fixed it. If your internet dont jive with the host like on gtsport weird stuff happens.

That's just what happens when you don't have dedicated servers. Not much can be done about it by the game developer or the end user.

I'm sure I will play the game more in the next month than I have since I put it away. If it's an enjoyable experience then I will probably play it a little more. It will still have to take a back seat for me as my time for racing is dominated by my responsibilities related to SNAIL, 2nd is trying to find time to prepare a little for Sunday night racing, and third would be anything else including more time with PCars2.

That's just what happens when you don't have dedicated servers. Not much can be done about it by the game developer or the end user.

I'm sure I will play the game more in the next month than I have since I put it away. If it's an enjoyable experience then I will probably play it a little more. It will still have to take a back seat for me as my time for racing is dominated by my responsibilities related to SNAIL, 2nd is trying to find time to prepare a little for Sunday night racing, and third would be anything else including more time with PCars2.
i think we can run together with minimum investment and have a blast.

I've made several posts about the price issue of pCARS.. To me, the problem with pCARS that nobody ever talks about is Bandai Namco's reluctancy to ever put it on sale.. To still charge well over $80 for a game that's been out for over a year is hurting the game at this point.

I bought the game on sale about 6 months ago for approximately a 60% discount, but haven't seen any sales since.
I got it for twenty dollars

For those whom have never played pcars please when you get the game for this event take time to understand pit strategy. If you want them to change your tires never ever go with recommended. Just to save frustration.

Just returned from Game stop with a used copy of GT sport for $9.00.

Any advice or suggestions I should be aware of before I start the grind for money?? Best way or fastest way to earn money?
The daily races, licensing races and endurance online lobbies from my experience. You can win most of the cars were going to race between the time we actually start racing

Any advice or suggestions I should be aware of before I start the grind for money?? Best way or fastest way to earn money?

Circuit experience will give you a car for every event that you gold. Cars are provided for you. Start there to build up money and cars. I wouldn't buy any cars until you know what you need for this event. You will also get a gift car for driving 26.2 miles in a day every day that you do it.

That's with all of the Season Passes and Car/Track Packs?

Sceti, do exactly what Hanable and JLBowler said and also, I feel one of the most efficient ways of grinding in GTS is to do the Tri-Oval track in Career Mode under Professional league. I believe it's called Premium Sports Lounge. You make about $200k for 12 - 13 minutes and it's pretty easy stuff.
Screenshot_20181213-144707.jpg

Last edited:
That's with all of the Season Passes and Car/Track Packs?

Sceti, do exactly what Hanable and JLBowler said and also, I feel one of the most efficient ways of grinding in GTS is to do the Tri-Oval track in Career Mode under Professional league. I believe it's called Premium Sports Lounge. You make about $200k for 12 - 13 minutes and it's pretty easy stuff.View attachment 786320

I had forgotten about the Premier Sports Oval race. If you were to do that once a day, you would reach your daily mileage goal (earning your gift car) and earning upwards of 200K credits depending upon the car you use. Add that to a circuit experience and you could make over 300K a day and get two gift cars for about a half hour or less of play time.

They made you pay $9 for a used copy? LMAO!!!!!! Just kidding guys, don't get too upset I'm sure it's worth the $9.

We don't have to use the PC DLC tracks or cars, there are tons of others in the sim.
Thanks for the money slogging advice, good thing I like ovals.
Hanable is a star in Spurt??? That explains why he struggles in PCars. Lol, jk.
Bowler better practice PCars to compete with the "A" class drivers we bring to the table. Meanwhile, during the Spurt race, Ill be doing my ironing with one hand, the dog will be having his and my peanut butter treat, catching up on phone calls and cringing at Spurts tire squealing. What's more annoying.....the squeal of the tires or the squeal of an Oriental virgins screams during her first throes of passion?
I hope this is not going to be a Pol. Cor. Room......if so sorry, not interested. If you are offended.......suck it up buttercups, it will only get worse.
Sgeti and Aero, I never thought I would see the day.....nope, not me....never gonna get that game.....
Any BoBs, (Bitter ol Basturds) left in Snail? Or have we all graduated to the Real Real racing sim?
Don't all you Spurt gamers run on DS4s? We use wheels now with force feedback and everything.
You guys know we run races that are more than 10 minutes long eh? With pit stops, rain, snow, fog, thunderstorms......sometimes all in one 60 or 90 minute race.
How about racing with damage on? Hit a wall at Monaco and your race is over, oh yeah, Spurt doesn't have Monaco. Ok, Tokyo then....(great tracks by the way), no more using the wall to get through a corner.
Ok, that's all I got for today.
PCars rules

Seeing as it's been quite some time since I've played the console version of PC2, I don't recall what the PS4 specific bugs are, but generally speaking, if the format for this event is contained to "sprint" races in which no pit stops are necessary we'll likely not encounter any issues. Plus, as mentioned above, the whole pit strategy is a kind of a PITA and it's really easy to fubar your race if you don't set it up properly. Frustration would set in real quick for the GT6 guys new to the title.

We don't have to use the PC DLC tracks or cars, there are tons of others in the sim.
Thanks for the money slogging advice, good thing I like ovals.
Hanable is a star in Spurt??? That explains why he struggles in PCars. Lol, jk.
Bowler better practice PCars to compete with the "A" class drivers we bring to the table. Meanwhile, during the Spurt race, Ill be doing my ironing with one hand, the dog will be having his and my peanut butter treat, catching up on phone calls and cringing at Spurts tire squealing. What's more annoying.....the squeal of the tires or the squeal of an Oriental virgins screams during her first throes of passion?
I hope this is not going to be a Pol. Cor. Room......if so sorry, not interested. If you are offended.......suck it up buttercups, it will only get worse.
Sgeti and Aero, I never thought I would see the day.....nope, not me....never gonna get that game.....
Any BoBs, (Bitter ol Basturds) left in Snail? Or have we all graduated to the Real Real racing sim?
Don't all you Spurt gamers run on DS4s? We use wheels now with force feedback and everything.
You guys know we run races that are more than 10 minutes long eh? With pit stops, rain, snow, fog, thunderstorms......sometimes all in one 60 or 90 minute race.
How about racing with damage on? Hit a wall at Monaco and your race is over, oh yeah, Spurt doesn't have Monaco. Ok, Tokyo then....(great tracks by the way), no more using the wall to get through a corner.
Ok, that's all I got for today.
PCars rules

Don't worry. I'll get enough practice in to hang with any sheep loving northerners that you can bring to the party. You guys have to remember that I probably have more real life wheel time than just about anyone here and if PBugs2 is truly the great sim that you claim it to be, I should adapt just fine. Now if I can just get used to the lighting effects in PBugs2, I'll be good to go. That's the end of my, all in good fun, trash talk until someone else gives me an opportunity.:cheers:

FYI, GTS has a setting to adjust sounds such as tire, engine, and transmission noise.

PBugs 2 :lol:

Yeah even Mike knows about it all too well

Effen stupid game. Twice in one night. POS, I hate this game sometimes. I was gonna win the last race

I havent seen anything from Camel yet. All I can say is - No Camel? No problem
:cheers:

Back