SNAIL vs Lobanaro [Rivals Event]

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 373 comments
Don't worry. I'll get enough practice in to hang with any sheep loving northerners that you can bring to the party. You guys have to remember that I probably have more real life wheel time than just about anyone here and if PBugs2 is truly the great sim that you claim it to be, I should adapt just fine. Now if I can just get used to the lighting effects in PBugs2, I'll be good to go. That's the end of my, all in good fun, trash talk until someone else gives me an opportunity.:cheers:

FYI, GTS has a setting to adjust sounds such as tire, engine, and transmission noise.

Is the sound adjustment called a no vacuum cleaner toggle? Lol

Let the s...talk begin..........

The problem as I see it is the Dark Side drivers have graduated from a game to a real racing sim and are far superior in every way. How can a lowly Spurt driver expect to keep up? Impossible I say, Impossible.
I agree but with some practice we can step down easily :lol:
So yeah, bought GTsport a week ago and finished "beginner" and "amateur" stages so I have some cars and some cash so, if the Lobanaro team needs me, I'm in.

Last edited:
Question for the PCars guys that are watching this thread.

I was running the Ginetta Jr. series tonight. Force feedback felt good, had plenty of weight and everything. I switched to the Chevy Indy Oval car and ran a few laps at Texas just for fun. Force feedback felt good with plenty of weight. Different from the Ginetta Jr. but that's to be expected due to difference in car and track.

Here is the problem and the question. I then switched to the Ginetta Proving Ground race which uses the Ginetta G55 GT4. The feedback was all but gone. It felt like the wheel would just spin with no effort like an old school stand up cabinet arcade game. It was terrible. The question would be, what the heck is going on? Is that car just crap and if that's the case, how many other cars are just crap? Is it a bug that the feedback just goes away for no reason? I went back to the Indy Car just to be sure my wheel hadn't shut down or something and it felt just fine so it was just the Ginetta G55.

Never happened to me and the Ginetta is actually top 3 of the GT4 cars.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll give it another try tomorrow and see if it happens again. I didn't adjust any settings on the car. Would that make a difference in the feedback to the extent that I'm feeling?

rFactor2 is better.

Oh, yeah... forgot. Well, since we're **** talking...

8d1.png
I have a PC capable (for iRacing, as example) just never have given it a try. Aside from the [blood sucking] ongoing fees, I fear the lack of community presence. Please enlighten us console turds on the PC sim world.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll give it another try tomorrow and see if it happens again. I didn't adjust any settings on the car. Would that make a difference in the feedback to the extent that I'm feeling?
Increase caster angle on the suspension page. It boosts your ffb feel.

I have a PC capable (for iRacing, as example) just never have given it a try. Aside from the [blood sucking] ongoing fees, I fear the lack of community presence. Please enlighten us console turds on the PC sim world.

Not really that much different than console insofar as communities are concerned and they are filled with all the same types of gamers/racers. The biggest difference being how far you decide to travel down the rabbit hole. $$$ vs. $$$$$

PBugs 2 :lol:

Yeah even Mike knows about it all too well

I havent seen anything from Camel yet. All I can say is - No Camel? No problem
:cheers:

*ahem*

All I’ll say is that there are going to be some raised eyebrows and hurt egos once this is over ;) :lol:

Oh and formula rookies (formula ford) in the rain is one of my worst combos, so if you do end up running those I’ll definitely finish last

I've updated the interested drivers list:

TEAM SNAIL (GT Sport)
Interested drivers:

1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @Rednose58
3. @Rob Brown
4. @JLBowler
5. @TomMang_68
6. @FREEREVN
7. @Whitey093
8. @Herimopp89
9. @Jw_wk1010
10. @Sean Renon

Team Lobanaro (PCars)
Interested drivers:

1. @aerolite
2. @Mike Lobban
3. @Alex ONeill
4. @RobbiefromBC
5. @Hanable
6. @Schmiggz
7. @potvinsuks
8. @SGETI
9. @Lessen
10. @coltsjugg

Please use the google form @Rednose58 created so we can start to think about a date to try and run this. Click here for the form
Red - I think we should remove the following days from the sheet since it would conflict with both Series:
Mondays - Lobbanaro race night
Thursdays - SNAIL prac night
Sundays - SNAIL race night

That would leave us with Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday to try and run this and not conflict with anything.

More ideas:

Combos:
We need to come up with a pool of tracks and cars to choose from to run in both games. The tracks are obvious, we select from the pool of tracks that are offered in both games. Which are:
  • Catalunya
  • Bathurst
  • Brands Hatch GP & Indy
  • Fuji
  • Monza
  • Nurburgring
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Willowsprings
There should be no excuse to not know any of the tracks listed above. Everyone should know them no matter which game you play.

For the cars:

PCars: Create a pool of bare-bone cars offered in the game without buying DLC. That way anyone who doesnt own PCars yet can buy it and not have to buy anything else.

GTSport: Create a pool of inexpensive cars so the new Sport guys dont have to grind for too many credits.

Combo Selection Process:

We can go about this in a few different ways.

PCars:

Team Lobannaro creates a pool of 6? cars they all agree on. It would make sense to create a pool of cars you feel most comfortable with as a group (Formula rookies being one of them :)) This can discussed amongst yourselves in a group PM.

Team SNAIL as a group chooses which 3 cars to select for race night in PCars.

The 3 tracks (listed in the pool of tracks) for each car can then be selected by Team Lobannaro.

Sport:
Same thing. SNAIL creates a 6 car pool for team Lobannaro to select from.
Lobannaro selects 3 of them.
SNAIL selects 3 tracks.

Combos complete.

What do you guys think about running this across 2 separate nights? If we did it all in one night we probably wouldnt have time to run 6 combos, unless they were all 10 minute sprint races. This way we could do a PCars night where we run 3 combos lasting around 20 minutes each, and a Sport night with 3 combos lasting 20 mins each.

Rivalry Points:
Instead of wiping the points standings clean after each Rivalry Event, why not have it continue to carry over? So lets say after we run this first Event the team total looks like this:

Event #1
Team SNAIL: 150 pts
Team Lobannaro: 138 pts

So team SNAIL is crowned Event #1 champions and gets to brag until Event #2. Why not continue to do a running total of points to make this a true head to head rivalry? So after Event #2, maybe Team Lobannaro finds their stroke and wins #2 by a lot:

Event #2:
Team SNAIL: 127 pts
Team Lobannaro: 162 pts

Current Rivalry Standings:
Team SNAIL: 277 pts
Team Lobannaro: 300 pts

That way it doesnt 'reset' after each event. The points carry over and over after each event to find who's the better team in the long run. So its set up to be run again and again, a true SNAIL Rivalry! Maybe a couple times a year.

Just throwing out ideas here.

Last edited:
I've got an idea, instead of racing the tracks we both have, race the tracks we dont.
And just because im 10th, 2 rooms ;) Because youll have to make 2 chat partys anyway for GT Sport (Ill get to that).
But im sure the interest wont stop at 10 v 10. I didnt race snail either so id probably have to give up my spot if i get one. But id like to think lobbanaero would rather win than lose this.. ;)
So im definately not getting in.

Last edited:
I've got an idea, instead of racing the tracks we both have, race the tracks we dont.

The whole idea of using tracks both games use is for the sake of not having to learn anything new. You PCars guys already have a distinct advantage over us Sport guys. If we run tracks exclusive to PCars, you guys will have even more of an advantage since a lot of us Sport guys wont be familiar with it and will have to learn it. Vice versa for Sport.

And just because im 10th, 2 rooms ;) Because youll have to make 2 chat partys anyway for GT Sport (Ill get to that).

The list of drivers is just to give us an idea who is interested in this. Not everyone on that list is going to be able to participate once the majority of us agree on the date. We wont need 2 lobbies. Ideally 16 of us can all agree on a date and time to run this (8 vs 8)

I don't really care what the cars & tracks are, nor do I care which team I race for. You can plug me in wherever the leveling is needed.

From what I remember you last left off with PCars/PITS so I put you on the PCars/Lobannaro team. But you're one of the few that can be a 'ringer' on either team.

Since my scar tissue is finally stretching out I’m in also. Best Buy you say . I’ d watch a monkey... oh never mind the moderators would never let me finish that saying...lol. $19.95 committed. Somebody let me know when you guys sort out the details. I’ll tag some Ring Rats and see if some of them want to play. @roamer2629 ,@Argon , @GTP_Versatile

Umm dare I say Discord.

If time were right there are some guys from across the pond who might want to join the fun.

Since my scar tissue is finally stretching out I’m in also. Best Buy you say . I’ d watch a monkey... oh never mind the moderators would never let me finish that saying...lol. $19.95 committed. Somebody let me know when you guys sort out the details. I’ll tag some Ring Rats and see if some of them want to play. @roamer2629 ,@Argon , @GTP_Versatile

Umm dare I say Discord.

If time were right there are some guys from across the pond who might want to join the fun.
I had to double take on your post. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, that you have finally taken the first step over to the Dark Side Ned :lol: :cheers:. This is just awesome to hear :) 👍👍.

Let the s...talk begin..........

The problem as I see it is the Dark Side drivers have graduated from a game to a real racing sim and are far superior in every way. How can a lowly Spurt driver expect to keep up? Impossible I say, Impossible.

HMMMM,the so called "Sheep Herders",(they really are not,no one who cares for animals would treat sheep or Dogs in such a manner!) are getting restless.You all have spent to much time in the darkness playing with that buggy mess of a so called sim racer,(looks like an ancient 16 bit arcade game).The ranks of SNAIL (GTSport participants) grows daily,and the talent pool is undeniable! Prepare to get your butts handed to you!

PBugs 2 :lol:

Yeah even Mike knows about it all too well

I havent seen anything from Camel yet. All I can say is - No Camel? No problem
:cheers:

Back