Snooker (and other cue sports)

Dale nearly pulled off the mother of all comebacks earlier, it started off at 11-5 to Hawkins. Dale came back to make it 11-12, 7 frames in a row. But Hawkins won the last 2 frames to go through, he also celebrated quite hard punching the air and the table.

Semi's are looking like this:

Hawkins vs O'Sullivan
Selby vs Trump/Robertson

I think it will be a Selby vs O'Sullivan final.

Great scenes at the Chrisible Crucible theatre tonight as Neil Robertson scored his 100th century break this season... he celebrated as if he had won the World Championship itself :lol:

The scenes of jubilation reminded me of when I cleared all six colours in a row at the Chrisible in 1986 (that was my name for my garage when I had the snooker table set up in there)... brings a tear to my eye so it does. I've said too much.

11-11 Trump v Robertson, going to be a grandstand finish I think...
That was indeed a great moment. I was on my phone at the time, not paying full attention, looked up and thought he'd won! That was bloody quick, I thought. I'm not a Robertson fan but I'm really happy for him to get such an achievement.

Unlucky Judd. Feel bad for him but Neil played amazingly well this evening.

Last edited:
It was a great comeback by Robertson!

O'Sullivan leads Hawkins 6-2 after the first session of the first semi, Selby v Robertson starts tonight....

Best crowd heckle ever... usually crowd comments are not welcomed, but the referee was at the table trying to ascertain whether or not he should call a 'free ball'... he first took the yellow off its spot to use the yellow as a marker, then he took the green off its spot and placed it next to the cue ball as another marker... after a few minutes of indecision, someone in the crowd shouted "Try the brown!"

This isn't really prompted by anything in particular, but I just wanted to say; I love Willy Thorne's commentary style. No nonsense, no unnecessary hyperbole. He'll always call a spade, a ****. He's the sort I imagine rolls his eyes whenever John Virgo mentions the cue ball and it's trajectory towards, or proximity to, a pocket.

Its Robertson 12-12 Selby going in to the final session tonight, what a finish that's going to be!!

This isn't really prompted by anything in particular, but I just wanted to say; I love Willy Thorne's commentary style. No nonsense, no unnecessary hyperbole. He'll always call a spade, a ****. He's the sort I imagine rolls his eyes whenever John Virgo mentions the cue ball and it's trajectory towards, or proximity to, a pocket.

Fantastic start from Ronnie O'Sullivan - a superb break of 69 when it didn't look like anything was on, let alone a frame-winning break... O'Sullivan is making a mockery of the official world rankings - he's supposedly the 27th best player in the world :lol:

3 - 0 Ronnie... Selby missed on easy black in Frame 2 and practically handed the frame to Ronnie... a poor safety at the start of Frame 3 by Selby was enough to give Ronnie a chance at a clearance, which he duly delivered with a century break... already looking ominous for Selby.

Last edited:
Should have been 4-4 but for Selby's miss on the black in the 8th frame... still, 5-3 is closer than it was looking like after the first three frames... hope it stays close, but I think O'Sullivan has a couple of extra gears...

Got my dinner slow-cooking and a supply of beers for the evening, so I'm set for tonight's session :D

Mark - The Torturer - Selby there, closing the session with a fine display, all things considered. I hope Ronnie comes out all guns blazing tomorrow or else I think Selby may grind out the victory. Not that I'd mind that too much.

Incredible turn around - 6 in a row from Selby now, and 4-0 today... set up beautifully for a grandstand finish.

From 5-10 behind to 12-11 in front, brilliant by Selby, what a final session its going to be tonight!!

Staggering stuff - unbelievable miss by O'Sullivan to lose the 23rd frame... I actually fell asleep for 22 minutes in that frame, and I've not even had any beer yet :lol:

What a miss from Ronnie on the pink there in the last frame. :eek:

Good stuff from Selby in that session, I definitely want this final to go right down to the wire. :P

Monster final session tonight - possibly 12 frames still to go, it could be a looooooong night...

Last edited:
Virtuoso performance today by Mark, just got better and better throughout the day. Amazing shots played, he did not give Ronnie much to go on. Incredible stuff indeed! He looked unstoppable.

Amazing thrilling match to watch,congrats to Selby!!!:cheers:

Am not such a fan of his playing style,but my god it was effective this evening... :bowdown:

Cant help to feel a bit bad though,cause i am a big Ronnie fan...but hey,there is always next year :sly:

Spy.

To make a comeback like that against lesser opponents even in the first few rounds would be impressive enough. But against perhaps the greatest ever snooker player in the final at the crucible?! Wow.

He deserves that £300,000 :lol:

That second day from Mark Selby was incredible and inflicts a first WC final defeat on O'Sullivan.

Latest Posts

Back