So frustrating

  • Thread starter Thread starter andyparks
  • 49 comments
  • 4,750 views
Messages
295
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
andyparks
GT sport is starting to get me frustrated because the people with controller are faster and having to change mode every qualifying and every race..is any one else getting frustrated

There might be bad language

 
Sorry, but your doing 2:06 in Nurb, and you’re complaining about controller users being faster than you.
You can improve your time a lot.

This, you need to start using the WHOLE track. You should at least be kissing the curb at the apex and coming close to it or hitting on exit.
 
I’m not the fastest guy around, but maybe this will help you.
This may be from before the physics changes, so you can probably be faster.

 
Last edited:
For now, I'm using the controller. My record is 1:58 high in Nurb Gp. Next week, i'll be with a G29. Let's see if I get better or worse.
 
If you're faster with the controller, then use that in Sport mode. Practice with the wheel offline, until you're faster with it.
 
keep-calm-and-git-gud-10_article_large.jpg


Git gud kid
 
I find that bumper cam gives me a far better sense of position and dynamics than kite view. My guess is that it's because kite view swings the POV sideways in corners.
 
When I go on the curbs I spin out some times and controllers users don't have to follow a race line there all over the place...i get so frustrated of having to change mode all the time it messes up my race and when I forget I can't go round corners as fast
 
Sorry to ask you, but are you real? Like... are you seriously having a bad time and want some help? Because, going through your posts, practically all of them are about your opinion on this subject. I don’t mean to censor you or anything, but...
Is there something I could do to help you?
 
My Controller is broken and I have to drive with X/Square atm and I do 1:59 times on Nürburgring :p
 
When I go on the curbs I spin out some times and controllers users don't have to follow a race line there all over the place...i get so frustrated of having to change mode all the time it messes up my race and when I forget I can't go round corners as fast

Mate you are just trying to look for an excuse.
You are doing 2.06!
That is incredibly slow, you are also not helping yourself by using chasecam, with a wheel it just looks so wrong.
You need to be getting sub 2m laps consistently.

Everything being equal Wheel is faster than controller.

Also what did controller users have to do with you being slow and running off on corners when nobody else was around?
 
GT sport is starting to get me frustrated because the people with controller are faster and having to change mode every qualifying and every race..is any one else getting frustrated

There might be bad language



My T150 broke and I am stuck with using a controller. I absolutely have lost so much pace by using my DS4.

Have you compared your laptimes with a controller?
 
A bit better but still getting fed up of having to change mode on the wheel whilst driving

There might be bad language

 
I think you would do better with invisible car view, for me at least, I feel balanced in the car, that bonnet view makes me feel like I'm on the roof and I can't balance the car using it.

Also it has a huge rear view mirror.
 
I agree you should switch your view to invisible car mode. Once you know the tracks you shouldn't get caught out by any blind crests with the lower view position.

There's also a lot you can do to improve your lap times. Often a slight change in line will enable you to carry a lot more speed through a corner and if that corner leads onto a long straight, that can translate into whole seconds per lap. I'd suggest revisiting the Circuit Experience section. Pick a circuit and and keep going until you can confidently get gold times on every sector, every time. Take the time to watch the videos on each sector too and think about how their lines differ from yours. Hint: theirs are better ;)

Using a wheel allows you to choose your line more accurately and more consistently than you could with a controller, but you still have to put in the time to learn and perfect the line you're trying to take.
 
I can't see YT atm because I'm at work but if the vids are Online Races, stop it. All you're doing is frustrating yourself.
Put in the hours. Forget about racing apes, race silicon and yourself. I needed about 4-6hrs in TT to retrain muscle memory. Another 8-10hrs 'Gittin' Gud' doing the GTleague and re-doing Stage 6 Missions, before I felt I was even slightly competitive and then went online.

If however, you're not talking about online, watch some top 10 replays or set up a lobby with someone who is willing to give guidance while micced up in real time.

Other great replays can be found in the WRS Time Trials results threads. :)
 
Last edited:
Watching that last video, I think you need to change the calibration on your wheel? I’m a pad user, but it looks like your putting way too much steering into those corners...

Also you need to work on treating your throttle less like a binary on/off switch. You run wide on corner exit because you just floor the throttle, in a front wheel drive car all that does is give you ubdersteer.

Just some suggestions.


Personally, the way I approach racing games (via a pad) is to turn off all assists, and then see what I can do, what’s causing me problems and why. I don’t think having TC on, is actually helping you and I think you’d be faster and better having it off.
I also think that with a wheel, you’d learn a lot better which gear to be in for each corner with a manual setup.
From playing around in F1 2017 where you can have a fully auto gearing but over-ride it by manually shifting too that I was able to basically learn which gear was best, regardless of how much I slowed down and it auto shifting me into a gear. It also helped me learn the tracks and get into a rythm. It’s something (as a pad user) I can’t do in GTS and it really hurts me learning tracks in cars.
 
Watching that last video, I think you need to change the calibration on your wheel? I’m a pad user, but it looks like your putting way too much steering into those corners...

Also you need to work on treating your throttle less like a binary on/off switch. You run wide on corner exit because you just floor the throttle, in a front wheel drive car all that does is give you ubdersteer.

Just some suggestions.


Personally, the way I approach racing games (via a pad) is to turn off all assists, and then see what I can do, what’s causing me problems and why. I don’t think having TC on, is actually helping you and I think you’d be faster and better having it off.
I also think that with a wheel, you’d learn a lot better which gear to be in for each corner with a manual setup.
From playing around in F1 2017 where you can have a fully auto gearing but over-ride it by manually shifting too that I was able to basically learn which gear was best, regardless of how much I slowed down and it auto shifting me into a gear. It also helped me learn the tracks and get into a rythm. It’s something (as a pad user) I can’t do in GTS and it really hurts me learning tracks in cars.
I have to steer like that because there isn't any steering wheel setting to set it up so I can turn less
 
No chase cam. No bonnet. Start shifting yourself. And go to time trial to constantly beat your own time.
 
My Controller is broken and I have to drive with X/Square atm and I do 1:59 times on Nürburgring :p
I drive with X/Square all the time, always have. The only issue is that you have a tiny bit less control over the throttle and break pressure.
FYI I have 100% all content & go at a 35% win rate online, so I don't believe it impacts that much.
 
Some of my friends were 2-3 secs slower than their ds4 times but eventually they caught up and are matching Those times consistently and Going ahead.

Just keep trying. Wheel is much better.
 
I have to steer like that because there isn't any steering wheel setting to set it up so I can turn less
When you are in a room, click on the cog icon next to car settings at the bottom of the screen, scroll down past the aids stuff and there is another options at the very bottom, in there you can select control sensitivity and force feed back settings.

Setting control sensitivity to 7 seems to make the steering rack quicker.

make a note of the default settings before you change them, so you can go back if it doesn't feel better.
 
Impressive lap. I've just starting using the Porsche. Were you using TCS? I find the thing wants to spin alot! Especially clipping the apex...
 
When I go on the curbs I spin out some times and controllers users don't have to follow a race line there all over the place
You mean like your race line? Also, controller users don't have to use their feet, which clearly gives them the edge in blood flow, inconceivable!

Seriously, stop looking for excuses, and git gud. Everything you brought in defense of your driving is true for everyone.
 
When you are in a room, click on the cog icon next to car settings at the bottom of the screen, scroll down past the aids stuff and there is another options at the very bottom, in there you can select control sensitivity and force feed back settings.

Setting control sensitivity to 7 seems to make the steering rack quicker.

make a note of the default settings before you change them, so you can go back if it doesn't feel better.
It is on 7 the only way to make it better is putting it in mode one on the wheel but all this is because they forgot to put an advanced mode in the game for steering wheels
 
Back