So frustrating

  • Thread starter Thread starter andyparks
  • 49 comments
  • 4,750 views
We should all agree or not the game isnt as good as we thought it would be for steering wheels as they released a over priced wheel for the game you can't set up and have to change the mode so you can go round corners faster every qualifying and every race
 
Last I checked, nearly every single top time is by a wheel driver - not pads.
 
Hers me using ds4 motion it works better then using a £300 steering wheel
There might be bad language
 
Hers me using ds4 motion it works better then using a £300 steering wheel



To be blunt; A Bronze league Starcraft player (the lowest rated) isn't going to benefit from a £200 mechanical keyboard, like a Masters (top 2% in any given region) player would.

Instead of lashing out and attacking things (the game sucks, this £3000 wheel is terrible) just get better at the game. You've been given lot's of feedback and help here, try to take that on board and use it to enjoy the game.
 
For me it was it was never the matter of being quicker with the wheel than with the DS4. It is all about the feeling of driving.

Actually, I bought the wheel after I played GTS quiet a lot with the DS4. In the beginning my times were nowhere near to my DS4-times… but guess what… training is key. Now I can’t beat my wheel-times with the DS4.


And by the way, what is wrong with the DS4 being competitive to wheels. The game relays on wide userbase and I guess most players don’t own a wheel. Why should you automatically be faster than them, just because you paid 300$? Train, get the corners right and drive clean.
 
For me it was it was never the matter of being quicker with the wheel than with the DS4. It is all about the feeling of driving.

Actually, I bought the wheel after I played GTS quiet a lot with the DS4. In the beginning my times were nowhere near to my DS4-times… but guess what… training is key. Now I can’t beat my wheel-times with the DS4.
.

Yeah, I tried to be lazy and just do some racing from the couch and my DS4 times were horrendous. Once you go wheel...
 
What does op mean about changing 'mode' I don't understand what mode refers to.
 
What does op mean about changing 'mode' I don't understand what mode refers to.

A thrustmaster wheel has a mode button that you hit to change the wheel's degree of rotation from say 720, 900, 1080 etc...
 
Ah ok.
Hopefully a patch will come to make the setting choice stick?

I would have been tempted to take it back and swap it for a G29. There is no option to change steering degree so you just accept it and get used to it.
 
I had to reread that, I thought I was missing a DRS button!
 
Hers me using ds4 motion it works better then using a £300 steering wheel
There might be bad language


According to other people on here, the controller has some inherent built in assists to make controller users more competitive with wheel users. This makes it so people like me can get into DR.S (although I don't think I truly belong here) using the controller.

This makes it so people can play this game without being held back by a lack of space, or lack of money for a wheel.

However, once you get better at the game (seriously, you have lots of room to improve), a wheel will help you be drastically more consistent and precise.

There is a youtuber called Setted (here is his channel) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2s7oq4PCTUzlB5_X5wA8w
He drives with wheel and a controller, and you can't tell the difference.
 
According to other people on here, the controller has some inherent built in assists to make controller users more competitive with wheel users. This makes it so people like me can get into DR.S (although I don't think I truly belong here) using the controller.

This makes it so people can play this game without being held back by a lack of space, or lack of money for a wheel.

However, once you get better at the game (seriously, you have lots of room to improve), a wheel will help you be drastically more consistent and precise.

There is a youtuber called Setted (here is his channel) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2s7oq4PCTUzlB5_X5wA8w
He drives with wheel and a controller, and you can't tell the difference.

Driving with the DS4 controller is essentially "fly-by-wire". Your inputs don't go straight to the car, instead they go to the computer and the computer in turn controls the car based on the inputs you give it. Controlling the car directly with the DS4 would be much too hard, since it would be extremely twitchy.

That's also one reason why it can be hard to go from controller to wheel, because suddenly you are in direct control of the steering, and it takes some time to get used to that.
 
I've got a left handed hammer that never puts nails in straight. I went out and bought a right handed hammer and it does exactly the same thing!

As a last resort, I might be using the hammer all wrong but it really can't be that. It has to be the tools.:grumpy:
 
I've got a left handed hammer that never puts nails in straight. I went out and bought a right handed hammer and it does exactly the same thing!

As a last resort, I might be using the hammer all wrong but it really can't be that. It has to be the tools.:grumpy:
Don't forget to use right handed nails with your left handed hammer and vice versa.
 
I’m not the fastest guy around, but maybe this will help you.
This may be from before the physics changes, so you can probably be faster.



Impressive lap. I've just starting using the Porsche. Were you using TCS? I find the thing wants to spin alot! Especially clipping the apex...
 
Impressive lap. I've just starting using the Porsche. Were you using TCS? I find the thing wants to spin alot! Especially clipping the apex...

No TCS. Just ABS. I’ll share the replay in GT Sport and post it here. Then you can check my inputs.
 
Back