So, how many of you guys still play this?

• Thread starter I-ROC
  • 32 comments
this thread already exists. and seeing you're not a new member anymore, I wonder why you didn't search the forum to see if there was a thread like this already:confused::confused:

Still play this. Decided to start from scratch today, will play more tomorrow. Gonna do some licenses and driving missions.

Time to time I mess around with small cars on Motorland and doing some setups on some of my cars. I do not own GT5 but after reading thousands of complaints it's hard to oppose that GT4 still rocks.

I play this occasionally (which means mainly when my GT5 B-Spec is having a P.I.T.A.* during an enduro)

*if you don't know what this means, think about what other shortages means

Yup. Love GT4. IMO better then GT5 but GT5 still has some features I wish GT4 had but I prefer the races/career much more in GT4

Going to GT5 would have involved buying another platform, so I am glad that GT4 still seems to have the edge.

There's hardly a day goes by that I'm not playing GT4 for at least an hour...one of the perks to retirement.<grin>

Having the Logitech G-25 and a solid chair/TV/table setup has also made it more enjoyable.

Ian

I love GT4 and will be playing it for a really long time. The graphics are great, although would look better on a better T.V, the soundtrack is good and the cars are great.

Still playing with my Logitech DFP. Actually, my year old son loves watching Dad putting those prototypes through their paces around La Sarthe.

My PS3 broke down about a month ago and I only took it in last week for repairs. I was going to do it immediately but made the mistake of going back to GT4. Since I went back, I have not thought of GT5 since. The career is better and the handling of the cars is solid ...especially when tuned with nice suspension settings and little else.

Also, the exhaust notes seem better to me on GT4 ...and so are the additional sounds like the turbo and wastegate noises. I also find it is much easier to notice suspension changes on GT4 ...and the effects for me seem greater while on GT6 they can often be very subtle.

But I miss being able to paint the cars in any color you want, the better graphics, the interior views and, of course, my beloved Ferraris, E92 M3 and BRZ. For these last three I hope I get my PS3 back ASAP. It has been too long. But not a week will pass from now on without me giving something in my GT4 collection a couple of laps around The Ring. Great game.

Yep even after many years..I still love it to bits!👍

have tried a few times to play GT5....it's way too hard to play and not as fun..:grumpy:

I Love GT4, i refuse to buy a PS3, and i only got a PS2 because my PS1 broke and so i couldnt play GT2 anymore. The only problem is the lack of new cars. That is literally it.

I got a second hand PS2 Slim last year to take on trips away with work and also useful for when my wife is hogging the PS3 with Skyrim, naturally a copy of GT4 was obtained from EBay forthwith. Great thing is my DFGT wheel being compatible with PS3 and PS2.

I was amused by the person saying they refused to buy a PS3. Way to cut your nose off despite your face. We bought our PS3 at the end of 2008 and it's been about the best electronics purchase I've ever made. A games console, Blu Ray/DVD player and media centre. It does so much more with updates than when we first had it, video streaming with Netflix and BBC iPlayer alone make it indispensable, got to see the Battlestar Galactica reboot at long last. Here's hoping for the same from the PS4.

I still play it, with somewhat personal rules. I group the linear engine upgrades based on engine torque.

For example, Stage 1 NA will use all Sports-level secondary parts, Stage 2 will use Semi-Racing-level and so on.

I also have somewhat optional rules. Cars older than 1980 cannot use Racing chips and whenever tires better than N3 are used, Racing brakes are mandatory.

I still play it, with somewhat personal rules. I group the linear engine upgrades based on engine torque.

For example, Stage 1 NA will use all Sports-level secondary parts, Stage 2 will use Semi-Racing-level and so on.

I also have somewhat optional rules. Cars older than 1980 cannot use Racing chips and whenever tires better than N3 are used, Racing brakes are mandatory.

not bad system actually. much more realistic than the usual tuning. I'm not that fond of tuning big style, i tend to tweak the car so it feels right to me.

i might start putting this into practice if you dont mind?

Yup started up my old file from years back and just got my S license. I know I should have got it a while back but hey, at least I have 50% to play thru till GT6. Really hope they bring back the "today's special" area of the rim shop, I love having manufacture rims for my cars

not bad system actually. much more realistic than the usual tuning. I'm not that fond of tuning big style, i tend to tweak the car so it feels right to me.

i might start putting this into practice if you dont mind?

If I mind? For all I know, everyone on GTPlanet is using my system without my "permission".

Just kidding. :)

Although, if you search around, I made a topic a while back with a more detailed version.

If I mind? For all I know, everyone on GTPlanet is using my system without my "permission".

Just kidding. :)

Although, if you search around, I made a topic a while back with a more detailed version.

haha maybe they are. i'll search it, i havent actually put it into practice yet because i didnt know if you'd mind or not :)

I`m still playing, too.

I got no PS3, so what could I do, anyway..

Actually I`m in the Formula GT Championchip, to get the 100 % ..

After that, I`ll have to clean 5 more Licenses to gold them all..

Tricky:

Mini @ Tsukuba..

BMW 1-Series Graduation-Test..

Saleen S7 @ Special Stage..

Takata NSX @ Tokyo R246

Motul 350Z @ Suzuka..

Every couple of months I make some hours and Ive been doing that for years. Last month, I made some good progress on 200 a spec endurances. Although Im over 100.000 points, its still very enjoyable :)

After racing over 40,000 kms, I've retired from GT 4 about 2 weeks ago. Been playing this beauty since 2005, and well, i've practically achieved what i wanted to achieve.

I'm planning to get a PS3 around Christmas and get GT5 then. These days with lots of work and projects, i hardly get time to play, but i think for now, GT5 is the way.

I didn't play from GT3, so playing GT4 is a huge leap from GT2. I miss certain circuits on GT2, such as Tahiti, and Grindelwald. Either way, i'll miss GT4 a lot.

I`m still playing, too.

I got no PS3, so what could I do, anyway..

Actually I`m in the Formula GT Championchip, to get the 100 % ..

After that, I`ll have to clean 5 more Licenses to gold them all..

Tricky:

Mini @ Tsukuba..

BMW 1-Series Graduation-Test..

Saleen S7 @ Special Stage..

Takata NSX @ Tokyo R246

Motul 350Z @ Suzuka..

Just curious, what setup are u using to play (controller or racing wheel)?

Back