So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,290 comments
So, in what can only be described in British terms as a 'tragedy', one of my friends decided against going to the pub today because he was a bit tired. 'Fine', I thought to myself, 'there's that festering patch of mould that I've allowed to develop next to my headboard over the course of two years. I'll just take the opportunity to take care of that'.

Went on the phone with my sister for an hour while I discovered my light beige wallpaper being perfectly preserved by the black decay and then started thinking that I wasn't massively happy with the layout I'd left my room in, so I'll measure it all up and shuffle it about a little bit, with a view to turning my bed and TV around so the headboard wasn't partially obscuring my window and bearing against the exterior wall again. I turned the bed around and discovered that the TV didn't fit at the end anymore, so I got my office involved. Long story short...

DSC_0219.JPG

Needz moar screenz bro.

Last edited:
I’ve declared Sunday as my BBQ day. I purchase my meats on Saturday and cook them Sunday to eat throughout the week. Today I successfully grilled 1 2kg chicken and 1kg of pork fillet to perfection. That’s my protein taken care of for the week.
Unfortunately, I’ve noticed that during my last few bbq sessions my nose and eyes stream something rotten and I can’t stop sneezing. I think I have an allergy to the firewood I’m using so I will be trying another lighting method for my coals next weekend.

Well the day is still early but I’ve just got back from the dentist and had some dental work done.

However, the right side of my face is numb and I now have 2 hours of client calls to do!!!! This is either going to be really funny or I maybe in trouble 😂😂

Well the day is still early but I’ve just got back from the dentist and had some dental work done.

However, the right side of my face is numb and I now have 2 hours of client calls to do!!!! This is either going to be really funny or I maybe in trouble 😂😂
im-in-danger-ralph.gif

Got an email from Sony saying they've added me to the EU list for the possibilitly of getting a PS5 Direct .......

Last Week I ordered GT7 for my PS4

So it'll go like GT7 released ........2 days to download due to my awful internet speed .

The day after you've been selected for a PS5...... :banghead:

Well the last 24 hours have been chaotic.

Around 4am we heard a huge crash from the bathroom. Upon checking the ceiling had collapsed.

We knew the previous owner had fixed a leak in the roof over the bathroom (we didn’t find this out until a year after we bought it thank you a neighbour telling us) we didn’t know to what damage it had caused to the plaster.

So down comes the ceiling and I’m the most unpractical person. I’m not handy at all, I get no man points for DIY at all. So we called a friend who used to plaster until he had a heart attack and he came this morning, drove to the DIY place (B&Q) picked up the needed items and drove us back. Over the course of the day he took down the remaining loose plaster and fixed it for me. All in £100 including the plaster, PVA Etc and his labour.

Stress over. Lesson learned? Don’t buy a house well over 100 years old. They have all sorts of issues lurking in them.

994B4143-BF3A-4614-B561-FACB5CFBECF3.jpeg
117C4D99-4EE5-4067-8623-1E657676EED4.jpeg

I rented a new build flat once... they have all sorts of issues lurking in them!
Yeh, I’ve heard some horror stories about new build stuff. Even @Magdelayna found a scaffolding pole in his drains 😄

I’m just glad it wasn’t asbestos!

Yeh, I’ve heard some horror stories about new build stuff. Even @Magdelayna found a scaffolding pole in his drains 😄

I’m just glad it wasn’t asbestos!
My bath flooded my hallway and bedroom carpet after the empty cardboard box (which had previously contained bathroom tiles) and had latterly been used by the builders to support the 2 metre waste water pipe under the bath gave way, allowing the push fit connection that had expanded upon contact with hot water, to let go, and empty the bath water onto the floor... whooda thunk an empty cardboard box wasn't suitable for supporting pipework.

**** you RedRow Homes.

Well, I started out just dusting around my TV, but then I decided to go the whole 9 yards and clean nearly my entire entertainment center and consoles off since they hadn't been dusted in years. I am actually feeling pretty satisfied seeing it neat again for the first time in forever!

Decided to put all of my consoles and handhelds together for a group photo just for kicks! :)
IMG_0680.jpeg

Last edited:
I had my Sunday grill today but used a bit too much soy sauce on my tenderloin. I was a little bit too salty in the end but I’ve learnt my lesson to be sparing with it.

Also changed tyres on my bike so my thumbs are a bit raw from the effort. Hopefully it’ll be worth it when I get to ride in the week.

So earlier this week, I decided to continue the trend of reorganizing things in my room I started last week since I still had more I wanted to do. So I decided to take all of my PS1 games out of the compartment in my entertainment center and one other place and put them in a drawer next to it, which I got tired of being messy and wanted to use for something worthwhile. So I did:
IMG_0681.JPEG

IMG_0683.JPEG

And I like this spot better because I feel it does a better job at protecting them, but most importantly, having them out of that compartment means it's one less thing to give me OCD! :lol: Only downside is, it's heavy.

Now I got this entertainment center back in 2004 I think and have been using it to store PS1 games ever since. I have never taken them all off at once that I can recall and this part of it that held them had NEVER been cleaned the whole time I have had it. So with the help of my dad, I took a socket wrench and Allen wrench and twisted the bolts off, and here's how it looked when I got it off. :lol:
IMG_0684.JPEG

Yea that's what 15+ years of dust looks like it would seem. :P Why did it get so bad? Simply put, it's a hard-to-reach area, and taking it out is the only way to properly clean it, which I had never done before until now. So when I took a shower, I decided to use the extra water and clean it up a bit and now it's good as new!
IMG_0689.JPEG
IMG_0690.JPEG

And here's what my entertainment center looks like without it:
IMG_0691.JPEG

I kind of like it better without it, but I decided to reinstall it anyway because I didn't know what else to do with it. Though I don't plan on using it anymore since I like the new location better, but hey, at least it's there if I ever need it. :)

It's refreshing walking into my room seeing it neat again and I'm pretty happy to have that taken care of! I really want to use those other drawers to keep the rest of my other games in as well, but all that stuff is my brothers and I don't want to move it unless he says I can.

More tiring that an average Friday. PE teacher’s are out sick. Stem teacher is out sick. Morals class cancels at the last minutes (nobody likes that anyway). All of my valuable prep time was spent doing other teacher’s lessons. On top of that we made pancakes which was hectic. Thankfully the Chinese teacher was in so I actually had time to sit down for 45 minutes after lunch.
Upon arrival this morning I find out my daughter’s class is suspended due to a positive covid case. That’s a 30km round trip in thick traffic before I’ve even had breakfast.

I’ve definitely earned a beer.

Not too bad, for me.

I loaded up a bunch of trash into the truck, yesterday, to take to the dump, today. I got up, had breakfast, went to the dump ($45+), came home, fired up GT7, and I've been doing that ever since. Basically a mostly lazy day. It's back to work, tomorrow, for another fun-filled week of anything but.....

I was not slacking today, cooked me two really good meals, then I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike doing 350 watts, then I did 4 sets of 8 repetitions of seated barbells shoulder presses with 86kg/190lbs, followed by 4 sets of 8 repetitions 25kg/55lbs dumbbell chest flyes and as finisher 4 sets of 8 reps 45kg/100lbs barbell triceps extensions.

Now I'm a little trashed and I don't feel like playing GT7, lol. I'll listen to some music and then continue reading a fantasy book about Skilgannon the Damned. That's a proper Saturday for me!

And now I wish I could drink a beer. Bah. :grumpy:

My day started with someone finding my work key in the parking lot, saving me from having a very embarrassing conversation with my boss. After that I went to my aunts house to figure out where we wanted to go for our usual family Memorial Day trip, than went to lunch where I won the meat raffle (4 pounds of ground beef for $1!). After that I finished the day checking snowcross off my "motorsports to see in person" list, it also served as the next step in getting my cousin more into racing.

Happy The Simpsons GIF

Yesterday I exercised so I treated myself to some beer. Today I lost half the day sleeping off the withdrawal. It’s too hot to do anything anyway.

Good and bad, I guess.

Got a call from my job recruiter who said he got an email from my manager at my new job, I was let go already after 1 week. (Through no fault of my own)

Kind of worked out ok. I wasn't happy there, but willing to give it some more time. The job ended up being different from the one I interviewed for. There was a lot of confusion who I was supposed to report to, etc. I spent much of the first week sitting at my desk doing nothing. Basically it seems this company doesn't have their **** together. Rather surprising for a company as big as they are.

Back to unemployment fun.

I been thinking lately... I have sort of adopted more of a minimalist mindset of late. You know- "less is more." Downsizing and making due even without the very best equipment is key to living better in these senses. Maybe that is what I am thinking as I have been using my Chromebook more than my main PC. Also, I am feeling as if my next PC... may not be a PC. I am not thinking a more powerful Chromebook, but perhaps a decent laptop that could run games that could require a faster processor and 8 GB RAM. I even thought a lot about making my next PC a small form factor PC. But really, I feel like I don't really need every last bell and whistle for quality computing and am not in any way a hardcore gamer.

Minimalist thinking even pertains to why I've become more involved in cooking using an air fryer. Sure, a stove or conventional oven is best, but I found success and even fun in air frying food. It's surely an upgrade from microwaving. Whatever I don't know how to cook I look up videos and websites.

So today... I have sort of accepted, adopted, and acknowledged the minimalist mindset.

Congrats! You must be pretty stoked right now.
Thanks!

Honestly, there's a lot of mixed emotions. I'm happy that I finished, but at the same time I'm very sad that I'm leaving. Because of Covid, I lost like 3 semesters to virtual classes so I never really made any friends or connections until this last year

Today was pretty awesome!

Green Day finally after 2 years of covid delays held their scheduled concert in my hometown! And it was bloody awesome! :D:cheers:

Today I built, a shoe storage caddy thing (flat pack)

I then built two bookshelves from IKEA for the listening room.

Then basically tided up, walked the dog for an hour. Then got home made tea and now just letting that settle while watching Ghostbusters 2.

Will be burning some rubbish tonight.

Burn baby burn

D1A63B5E-0935-4133-A89D-42632F873354.jpeg

Last edited:
Well the fiancée is in Wales today for work. She’ll be there over night so being my day off too I get to have some time to watch films as loud as I want.

First up is Dune (new one) on 4K and the two Blade Runner films. In Atmos full blast. My neighbours will hate me but… ahh sod it.

Just getting settled in to 2 weeks of holiday after working for 13hrs a day for the last eight weeks. The sense of finality today was really refreshing, honestly. Nice bit of pratting around with my mates during those moments of downtime and I think I've finally finished with that depressive phase that's made a bit of a mess of the last few weeks.

Very nice day, I must say.

Back