So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,291 comments
Someone broke into my van (I work as a courier for Deutsche Post) and stole, not only 7 parcels for different customers, but worse than that, they also took my wallet with 2 debit cards, ID card, driver's license, ~60€ among other things.

They left my home keys, some Beats Pro hearbuds (worth over 200€), my Carrera sunglasses and the company GPS/Mobile phone.

I'm really pissed. They could at least leave the documents and just take the money, but no. I wish I could have seen them!

Someone broke into my van (I work as a courier for Deutsche Post) and stole, not only 7 parcels for different customers, but worse than that, they also took my wallet with 2 debit cards, ID card, driver's license, ~60€ among other things.

They left my home keys, some Beats Pro hearbuds (worth over 200€), my Carrera sunglasses and the company GPS/Mobile phone.

I'm really pissed. They could at least leave the documents and just take the money, but no. I wish I could have seen them!
I drive for a delivery company and this is one thing that I worry about.

I try to keep my wallet with me at all times, even if it is uncomfortable. The worst part is that now you have to do all of the paperwork, then get a new license, you know, all of the nonsense.

Considering some of the areas I have delivered at (high-crime), I haven’t had any issues apart from aggressive customers. One lady and her husband boxed my van while I was doing a delivery at a residence. My brain didn’t immediately think robbery, but I did say to myself “What the hell is going on?”

They went on to accuse me of not delivering a package then they held me on the phone with customer service until I finally convinced them it wasn’t me, it was another driver at another station that had it.

I’ve also had people run after my van banging on the sliding door...

I hope your job took it easy on you, and I hope it’s not going to knock your ability to work. I don’t know exactly what the licensing practices are in Germany, but I’d assume it’s more efficient. iIn the US, it takes forever to do anything relating to ID or license, especially in a rush.

I drive for a delivery company and this is one thing that I worry about.

I try to keep my wallet with me at all times, even if it is uncomfortable. The worst part is that now you have to do all of the paperwork, then get a new license, you know, all of the nonsense.

Considering some of the areas I have delivered at (high-crime), I haven’t had any issues apart from aggressive customers. One lady and her husband boxed my van while I was doing a delivery at a residence. My brain didn’t immediately think robbery, but I did say to myself “What the hell is going on?”

They went on to accuse me of not delivering a package then they held me on the phone with customer service until I finally convinced them it wasn’t me, it was another driver at another station that had it.

I’ve also had people run after my van banging on the sliding door...

I hope your job took it easy on you, and I hope it’s not going to knock your ability to work. I don’t know exactly what the licensing practices are in Germany, but I’d assume it’s more efficient. iIn the US, it takes forever to do anything relating to ID or license, especially in a rush.

Oh, I have never had any issues with customers being aggressive or try to enter the van and what not. Actually the area I was working at yesterday is quite nice and wealthy. Got quite a few tips even from people who didn't get a parcel (a woman gave me 5€ just for checking the van and see if there was any parcel for her, which there wasn't).

I didn't get any issues with my job. They'll take care of the paperwork. Went to the polizei to make a report and now with the paper they game me I can drive, work and use the public transports normally even without the documents.

It's a pain in the backside to spend time now taking care of all the documents and bank stuff. I'm going next Monday to my consulate here in Hamburg to ask for a new ID and driver's license. It should take a week at the most to get the new ones.

You know, I can't honestly remember. I remember bits and pieces but that is all. I blame in it on the max dose of Sertraline (Zoloft). In January I was medication free for Godsake. :ouch:

I did some things, went to a store to swap a faulty bread slicer, had conversations with my father because his lower back and Ischias pain is beyond tolerance.

Believe me or not but the meds give my short time memory loss or problems.

Sweaty. It was about 88 outside, and I was working on a recoil spring and pull spring, on my brother's push mower. After a few attempts of winding up the recoil spring, with the new pull string, I got it working again.

After that I went to the campsite that my parents are at and just chilled, and also practiced some disc golfing. Wednesday, was the first time disc golfing, and found it enjoyable, so I decided to get some disc and do some practice. Luckily there was a basket near my parents camp site, so I did a little throwing. But with it being so hot outside, I was sweating after about three baskets. Took a break, cooled off, ate, and did some more practice.

Thinking about going back out there and doing some forehand throws, and see how I like that. It seems like it could be more natural for me, because it seems like a baseball throw, but more sidearm. Played three years of baseball in High School, and some little league when I was a kid.

Off to a rough start.... Managed to hit a large enough rock that I bent a wheel on my (new from last year) GTI. Checked when I got to work and didn't see anything other than a small scuff on plastic. But of course, the bend was on the inside and I couldn't hear the air coming out with the fan going after I shut off the car. Slow but frustrating day at work, where I was told my work wasn't good enough on a project that I was doing. Got a "loaner" used car from my dealership workplace to drive home after I found out the tire was flat at the end of the day. At this time, in the evening, I still didn't know what I hit that bent my tire and forgot my dashcam by the time I got home. Realized that and decided to head back and grab it out of my car that was still at work. Then on the way back to my apartment, I managed to hit a raccoon with the loaner on the on-ramp. Guess today's been nothing but bad luck for me with on-ramps....

Not so great pictures of the flat and the bend inside of the wheel.
115888320_10224024098969665_5375884107370390986_n.jpg

116155832_10224024099289673_5149960254435844932_n.jpg

And the dash cam screenshot of the rock that I failed to see while I was looking to my left checking traffic while getting ready to merge from the on-ramp.
116017295_10224024099889688_37201996907000559_n.jpg

First time really listening to Metallica. I’m enjoying it. Makes me want to work out.

My birthday is around the corner and I decided to take a shift for work so I don’t have to be home around my parents.

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

But now at the end of the day.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 and so on.

I spent 28 hours watching my mum slowly die from Sunday afternoon until yesterday evening.

My advice to anyone here, when it comes to family and friends, is don't leave things left unsaid, and don't leave them until the last moment.
I don't know what to say. :guilty:

That's horrible. My condolences.

I spent 28 hours watching my mum slowly die from Sunday afternoon until yesterday evening.

My advice to anyone here, when it comes to family and friends, is don't leave things left unsaid, and don't leave them until the last moment.
I wish you my condolences to you and your family members.

That's some really bad news. My condolences, @MatskiMonk.

sorry for your loss,my condolences

Edit: Condolences to @MatskiMonk. Only read after posting my silly pictures. Hope you're doing OK.

Some pictures of Autumn here in Hamburg that I take with my crappy phone while at work.

1. Just a random street, yesterday.
2. Bunch of fallen leaves, today.
3. Golden hour light hitting the top of the trees on the other side of my house (from kitchen window).
4. Just leaves on the ground at 7am.

IMG_20201027_115131-01.jpeg

IMG_20201028_121502-01.jpeg

IMG_20201023_173615-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20201022_174213_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I spent three hours learning how to deep fake just to make this video. Time well spent? Probably not, but it was interesting learning all the coding required to pull it off.

The Good News: I got a call saying my phone interview last week went very well, and I made it to the next round. I really liked the job, and everyone I talked to was very nice. It would be a healthy increase in pay as well.

The Bad News: I'm going to have to pass on the offer. With the 'Rona still going on and another state-wide shut down looming, and the economy the way it is, (plus God knows what a Biden economy will be like) I'm not sure I should be giving up the security of the position I have now.

Today's been so samey and boring. The work I do has no variety, I've both wanted to talk to someone and dreaded the prospect of talking to someone at the same time, I think I'm going to snap and take up some terrorism:

Waiting for about 5 seconds after the lights turn green, sharing a sandwich with an old person that I don't know, scanning half a basket of shopping and then walking off with it still sitting on the self-checkout - nothing is off-limits in my quest to destroy everything.

Today's been so samey and boring. The work I do has no variety, I've both wanted to talk to someone and dreaded the prospect of talking to someone at the same time, I think I'm going to snap and take up some terrorism:

Waiting for about 5 seconds after the lights turn green, sharing a sandwich with an old person that I don't know, scanning half a basket of shopping and then walking off with it still sitting on the self-checkout - nothing is off-limits in my quest to destroy everything.

As a fellow destructive, it’d be great for folks like you and I to have a fight club.

I really do feel that modern society is missing something tangible.. like the need to be able to get the **** kicked out of you and agreeing that it’s “one of those things”.

My wife took me out for a date where we had great BBQ. I was allowed a few beers.

I pleaded for more beer but I was denied. My wife is sitting on the balcony working and I slip off for a few beers from the local 7. Come home, drink, want more. Wife still hasn’t noticed I’d been out for beer so I go for more. 6 beers later and she still hasn’t even noticed that I’d been out to buy beer numerous times.

And then... upon my return home... I saw a man bleeding from all of his facial orifices. He didn’t come towards me but he was certainly disturbing. This was in my neighbourhood, so people that I should have known. As I rode past, the old bloke really looked like a “zombie” and wandering around the neighbourhood trying to grab people. I don’t know what the security did with him but if I see him it probably won’t be a nice encounter...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back