So, how was your day?

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by kidd0218, Jan 31, 2011.

1. axletramp

axletramp Premium

"COVID Steve"

TB likes this.
  2. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

I blame it on your obsession with Heinz Cream of Bat Soup.

3. axletramp

axletramp Premium

It's true. I'll bloody eat anything, me! Have the WHO been in contact with Ozzy Osborne yet?

4. kikie

kikie Premium

:tdown: and a lot more of these.

5. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Someone broke into my van (I work as a courier for Deutsche Post) and stole, not only 7 parcels for different customers, but worse than that, they also took my wallet with 2 debit cards, ID card, driver's license, ~60€ among other things.

They left my home keys, some Beats Pro hearbuds (worth over 200€), my Carrera sunglasses and the company GPS/Mobile phone.

I'm really pissed. They could at least leave the documents and just take the money, but no. I wish I could have seen them!

phillkillv2 likes this.
  6. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

I drive for a delivery company and this is one thing that I worry about.

I try to keep my wallet with me at all times, even if it is uncomfortable. The worst part is that now you have to do all of the paperwork, then get a new license, you know, all of the nonsense.

Considering some of the areas I have delivered at (high-crime), I haven’t had any issues apart from aggressive customers. One lady and her husband boxed my van while I was doing a delivery at a residence. My brain didn’t immediately think robbery, but I did say to myself “What the hell is going on?”

They went on to accuse me of not delivering a package then they held me on the phone with customer service until I finally convinced them it wasn’t me, it was another driver at another station that had it.

I’ve also had people run after my van banging on the sliding door...

I hope your job took it easy on you, and I hope it’s not going to knock your ability to work. I don’t know exactly what the licensing practices are in Germany, but I’d assume it’s more efficient. iIn the US, it takes forever to do anything relating to ID or license, especially in a rush.

CTznOfTime, Xavier2342 and zzz_pt like this.
  7. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Oh, I have never had any issues with customers being aggressive or try to enter the van and what not. Actually the area I was working at yesterday is quite nice and wealthy. Got quite a few tips even from people who didn't get a parcel (a woman gave me 5€ just for checking the van and see if there was any parcel for her, which there wasn't).

I didn't get any issues with my job. They'll take care of the paperwork. Went to the polizei to make a report and now with the paper they game me I can drive, work and use the public transports normally even without the documents.

It's a pain in the backside to spend time now taking care of all the documents and bank stuff. I'm going next Monday to my consulate here in Hamburg to ask for a new ID and driver's license. It should take a week at the most to get the new ones.

phillkillv2 and Xavier2342 like this.
  8. kikie

kikie Premium

You know, I can't honestly remember. I remember bits and pieces but that is all. I blame in it on the max dose of Sertraline (Zoloft). In January I was medication free for Godsake. :ouch:

I did some things, went to a store to swap a faulty bread slicer, had conversations with my father because his lower back and Ischias pain is beyond tolerance.

Believe me or not but the meds give my short time memory loss or problems.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  9. Silent Drifter

Silent Drifter Premium

Sweaty. It was about 88 outside, and I was working on a recoil spring and pull spring, on my brother's push mower. After a few attempts of winding up the recoil spring, with the new pull string, I got it working again.

After that I went to the campsite that my parents are at and just chilled, and also practiced some disc golfing. Wednesday, was the first time disc golfing, and found it enjoyable, so I decided to get some disc and do some practice. Luckily there was a basket near my parents camp site, so I did a little throwing. But with it being so hot outside, I was sweating after about three baskets. Took a break, cooled off, ate, and did some more practice.

Thinking about going back out there and doing some forehand throws, and see how I like that. It seems like it could be more natural for me, because it seems like a baseball throw, but more sidearm. Played three years of baseball in High School, and some little league when I was a kid.

10. kikie

kikie Premium

Not that bad, still struggling with depression until late afternoon.

phillkillv2 likes this.
  11. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

Off to a rough start.... Managed to hit a large enough rock that I bent a wheel on my (new from last year) GTI. Checked when I got to work and didn't see anything other than a small scuff on plastic. But of course, the bend was on the inside and I couldn't hear the air coming out with the fan going after I shut off the car. Slow but frustrating day at work, where I was told my work wasn't good enough on a project that I was doing. Got a "loaner" used car from my dealership workplace to drive home after I found out the tire was flat at the end of the day. At this time, in the evening, I still didn't know what I hit that bent my tire and forgot my dashcam by the time I got home. Realized that and decided to head back and grab it out of my car that was still at work. Then on the way back to my apartment, I managed to hit a raccoon with the loaner on the on-ramp. Guess today's been nothing but bad luck for me with on-ramps....

Not so great pictures of the flat and the bend inside of the wheel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the dash cam screenshot of the rock that I failed to see while I was looking to my left checking traffic while getting ready to merge from the on-ramp.
    [​IMG]

12. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Is there a way to unbend wheels?

13. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

The dealership where I work has a wheel repair shop that they go to for customers/retail cars. Got a quote of $125 to fix the one wheel. I need a new tire as well as there's a decent size cut too...

CTznOfTime likes this.
  14. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

First time really listening to Metallica. I’m enjoying it. Makes me want to work out.

My birthday is around the corner and I decided to take a shift for work so I don’t have to be home around my parents.

15. kikie

kikie Premium

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

But now at the end of the day.:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: and so on.