So I got the money. Now just how rare is the Chaparral 2J?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ishie
  • 80 comments
  • 9,622 views
Just as I started reading this thread I remembered I hadn't checked UCD in quite sometime, and there it is, the 2J Race Car! And I don't have the money:tdown:
 
I think I've only seen it once, maybe twice.. Going in and out of races to refresh the UCD, just holding my breath :sick:

Or borrow one from a friend. *Hint Hint*
 
It has the same chance of popping up as any other car in the game... save the money, move on and do bigger better things - it'll pop up when you're not looking for it.
 
Load 5 or 6 drivers online and go into the remote race forum add your name, in a couple weeks, you'll have 20 mil spread about your 6 drivers, that is if you race your friends and they race you
 
everyone in this thread should go to www.gt5cars.net and create a account. after that set up the ucd search. go to wishlist and and the 2d and 2j.

it will show you when the cars will show up in your ucd.

i have 19mil and 8days till the 2j will show up :)

no cheating ;)
 
I bought this and i find it's slow for what people say, saying that it's fast and all, but it isn't. Or did i have my hope too high for this one? And some say that it will go ~250 km/h in reverse, but it doesn't maybe ~150. Oh well, I'll just keep looking for the better looking Chaperral, The 2D.
 
This happened to me a lot, when I was looking for McLaren F1 GTR Le-Mans car. Always when I didn't have enough money it appeared, and when I had, before it's appearence there was all good cars like Pescarolos and cool Group B rally cars.

Edit:If I would ever see a 2J race car, I'd stand there like half an hour staring at it, and taking billions of pictures of it.

Funny, because I didn't really think of keeping my 2J until I wanted to go do the Classic Race at Monaco, I traded my 2J for the BMW McLaren F1 GTR ironically.
 
I see them quite often however I play an awful lot, just bought a 2d the other day for 12m, I've only 30 more cars to collect and the 2j is one of them. However at 14.5 million I have not had enough saved when it popped up so...
 
It appeared for me last night.
Didn't have enough money, had to sell loads of cars to get it, wasn't gonna let it pass by.

Why not just do some seasonals? You could make 2 million credits without refreshing the entire UCD assuming the 2J was in the latest batch of 6 cars.
 
It's laughable IMO that a racing game makes you wait and play a game of chance to buy a car you want...................
 
luckily, with my float of $15 million, I nabbed the 2J yesterday, understeers like a son of a female dog. I check my UCD every 4 races of any kind.
 
not to be cocky but...haha i got the 2J already naanaanaa
 
everyone in this thread should go to www.gt5cars.net and create a account. after that set up the ucd search. go to wishlist and and the 2d and 2j.

it will show you when the cars will show up in your ucd.

i have 19mil and 8days till the 2j will show up :)

no cheating ;)

Tried it with 3 different sets of cars, kept getting error. Really want my Peugeot 905 race car :C
 
Tried it with 3 different sets of cars, kept getting error. Really want my Peugeot 905 race car :C

...doesn't work for me either but I didn't register (not sure if that matters though).
 
Did somebody mention this?

17abffdc.jpg


90f5e25a.jpg


407ddf1e.jpg


:P

I agree, rare as hens teeth to get, I don't think I have even seen on since I got the game back in November!

Is that Goodwood Festival of Speed??, i went on sunday and heard them fire it up, very loud! thats 2 engines for you...
 
It's really very rare to see one in UCD, although I have one I still drool when I see it on UCD. I have seen it there about 2-4 times. I think I'm somewhat lucky then.

No, as others have said, it's no more rare than any other car when you are waiting for one out of over 1000. Still yet to see any real evidence that some cars are more "rare" than others, a lot of people seem to base it on the fact that they personally haven't seen it. And please don't point me at that other site with its "rarity rating" as that's baloney :)

luckily, with my float of $15 million, I nabbed the 2J yesterday, understeers like a son of a female dog. I check my UCD every 4 races of any kind.

Mine doesn't understeer particularly? That's odd. Mine is quick as hell for a 1970 car and handles well. Putting the hammer down on the Trial Mountain straight results in a kinda "hovercraft" effect which is bizarre.

Is that Goodwood Festival of Speed??, i went on sunday and heard them fire it up, very loud! thats 2 engines for you...

Aww I was going to say, I wish one would appear at Goodwood, missed it again this year :ouch:

Thanks to cally-dave for the pics, awesome stuff!
 
Yeah, unfortunately cars don't sell for much.. Also, I'm a collector, i don't sell anything.

edit/ I did get three merc 600 SL show up on the same page though lol.

Yeah I've had 4 S2000's in the UCD at the same time. It's like the game is telling me to buy an S2000.
 
Everytime I come out of races and see a fully stocked UCD I'm afraid I've missed my chance for the next couple months...
 
Aww I was going to say, I wish one would appear at Goodwood, missed it again this year :ouch:

Thanks to cally-dave for the pics, awesome stuff!

You wouldn't have heard it come back down the hill, as it broke down at the top and got towed back :P

Although it was sounding good!

 
Last edited:
I've NEVER seen it in the UCD. Been playing since Jan.
 
Seen it a couple of times for like 14 million and change. Definitely not worth the cost considering there are faster cars...........If your a collector, I guess you got to pony up and pay the fiddler or wait for the B-Day ticket like everyone else says.
 
Seen it a couple of times for like 14 million and change. Definitely not worth the cost considering there are faster cars...........If your a collector, I guess you got to pony up and pay the fiddler or wait for the B-Day ticket like everyone else says.

It may not be the fastest as in top speed, but on tracks with a lot of corners, i heard it's great.
 
1 Make 1970 account and get ticket

2 send ticket to main account

3 log on to main account recive ticket and save

4 quit game back your save up to usb stick or another account on ps3

5 Load gt back up and claim ticket

6 no 2j? Quit game copy save data from usb stick to main account

7 reload gt and claim ticket again, still no 2j?

Rinse and repeat steps 6&7 till you get it.

I got this all wrong, i thought i was supposed to just delete the savegame on the gift account and have the ticket reappear lol.. Been creating like 6 accounts these last 3 days.

edit/ GAAHH!! The way I've been doing it, natrually i could only gift once per day. Or as it seems right now, per 24h. And I have NO idea at what time during the day i first did it.. But i will try later today, and do it properly :)
 
Last edited:
YESSSS!!! Finally got it! <3 Like 5sec ago lol.. Gonna test it out now (and possibly be underwhelmed lol)

edit/ First of all, im not that great ok :p
But the very first run i did a ~57.9 at high speed ring. After fiddling a bit, trying to get 50/50 weight distribution, and failing miserably, i figured it must have it's current setup for a reason. I took it back to it's original state and
upped the top speed to 360 kmh i did a 56.609. I realize now it wasn't the best track to give it a fair judgement on since it seems to redline at just over 300 km with it's standard settings.

I'll need to test it out more some day at a more proper track ;)
 
Last edited:
YESSSS!!! Finally got it! <3 Like 5sec ago lol.. Gonna test it out now (and possibly be underwhelmed lol)

Did you get it via the method i said?
 
it's just appeared on mine. Except, I did 2 races without checking the UCD, and I only have 9.2million credits. So I have 3 days to gain 5.5million credits :indiff:

Worse still, I can't sell any of my valuable cars. I can understand not being able to trade cars worth over 1 million, but why stop us from selling them?

I haven't done the expert challenge seasonal event yet, but combined those only equal around 3 million, and there is no way can I sell cars to make up the other 2.5 million :banghead:

PD ever heard of part exchange? My 908 HDi FAP + 12 million for your 2J sound good Mr crooked UCD owner?
 
it's just appeared on mine. Except, I did 2 races without checking the UCD, and I only have 9.2million credits. So I have 3 days to gain 5.5million credits :indiff:

Worse still, I can't sell any of my valuable cars. I can understand not being able to trade cars worth over 1 million, but why stop us from selling them?

I haven't done the expert challenge seasonal event yet, but combined those only equal around 3 million, and there is no way can I sell cars to make up the other 2.5 million :banghead:

PD ever heard of part exchange? My 908 HDi FAP + 12 million for your 2J sound good Mr crooked UCD owner?
wish that could happen car trade plus a bit of money
 
C'mon guys get it with a bday ticket as described above. Hell it is not worth of 15mil!
 
Back