So I, like, got a car.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vonie
  • 52 comments
  • 2,020 views
Messages
3,879
Messages
thevonsteinery
It's a longitudinal I4 turbo. Any guesses?
 
It's either a Subaru or a Mercedes turbodiesel... That's my guess.
 
The Scoupe is an interesting guess, but no. And it's not a Subie or Merc.

I'm pretty sure I haven't talked to anyone on GTP about the car, so this'll be interesting.
 
an audi? One of them 1.8T or 2.0T?
 
SRT-4 ?

PT Cruiser?
 
Dodge Shadow?
Plymouth Sundance?
Dodge Caravan?
Plymouth Voyager?
Dodge Charger?
Dodge Omni?
Plymouth Duster?
Plymouth Turismo?
 
It ain't American and it ain't no German. I updated the 1st post with some more info.
 
Is it Japanese, or European?
 
Well I'm out, Euro cars are beyond my knowledge. :p
 
Alright, no more hints. I can think of only 2 cars that fit this description.
 
OH!!

Volvo 240/740/940 Turbo!
 
It is a Saab, getting the right model should be pretty easy.
 
900 Turbo

9000 Turbo.

...?

The 9000 was the last one to have longitudinal mount engine, I think.
 
Saab 99? I don't think people strive to own Saab 9000s, so I don't think it is one of those.
 
900 Turbo

Yeah boyie!!!!

34e73ow3.jpg


From the eBay listing, I'll have my own pics soon. I pick it up today or tomorrow. Me so excited.
 
Congrats! It looks sharp! 👍

Too bad you couldn't find a W124 that wasn't white..
 
ONOEZ! TORKSTEERZLOLOZ.

Pah, you know I'm teasin,' right?

Anyway, it looks sharp from the photographs. Any plans?

Limited slip, for example...
 
Plans:

1. Fix Radio
2. Enjoy it
 
Those things give off a great sound. Nice buy.
 
ONOEZ! TORKSTEERZLOLOZ.
Something must be wrong with Google Image search. It wasn't until page 4 that any pictures of Saabs came up when I searched for torque steer. For comparison, there was already pictures of two different RWD cars by that point.
 
Nice car. 👍
 
James Bond drove one of those in one of the "Gardner" adventures, that has been "Q" ed to the max. (No Deals, Mr Bond I think)
 
Back