So I, like, got a car.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vonie
  • 52 comments
  • 2,020 views
Something must be wrong with Google Image search. It wasn't until page 4 that any pictures of Saabs came up when I searched for torque steer. For comparison, there was already pictures of two different RWD cars by that point.

at least there are a ton of mazdaspeed3's and ford focus'.
 
Congrats on getting a car, looks neat.👍
 
Something must be wrong with Google Image search. It wasn't until page 4 that any pictures of Saabs came up when I searched for torque steer. For comparison, there was already pictures of two different RWD cars by that point.

+1

WTF? That car especially. Did Eclipses come up? 02-06 Altimas?

I did the search myself. The most troubling thing is not the 9-3's lack of appearance until pg4 but the fact that there's a Jeep Compass on the prior page. I've driven those. There's not much of ANY steer.
 
I'll let you guys know how it is when I pick it up, probably Thursday at this point.
 
Oh dear.. it's the audi-syndrome all over again (engine in front of front axle). I hope you'll never need to replace the timing belt on that one since it's between firewall and engine. BTW, how's the fuel economy? ;)
 
Not too bad, should get 25 or so around town. It's got a monster tank, though, 16 gallons.

keys1ki7.jpg


img1203dx3.jpg


img1207ih1.jpg


img1208oc2.jpg


img1209pv3.jpg
 
Have to hate those forward tilting hoods...makes it so much more difficult to work in the engine compartment.

Edit: How the engine is positioned, I guess it would be easier to work on like that. Course that's how those Swedes are, always making their products so difficult to work with. :p
 
Very, very nice!

If I wasn't so worried about reliability, I'd likely have a vintage bad-ass car such as that in my driveway as well...
 
Looks like it's in pretty good nik. What power does it have?
 
Cool. Have as much fun with it as you feel is necessary.👍
 
Nice purchase, Vonie. 👍

There's a few around where I live, and most of them appear to be in excellent condition too. Love their sound.
 
YouTube video of one's sound?
 
I'll record mine soon and upload that.
 
Nice, I wanna hear what's so great about it.
 


Hey, it was soonish.
 


Hey, it was soonish.


:drool: Yeah that is freaking awesome for a 4cyl, even pretty good for a 6cyl if it were one. Obviously that one has a sports exhaust but still.
 
Back