So is it better to e.g. start 10th and finish 5th or start 6th and finish 5th in terms of DR ?

• Thread starter ollyvass
  • 158 comments
I only ran one race last night at Maggiore (10 laps). All drivers were rated BS. Started 8th and ended up 3rd. Got 1066 DR points and got my SR rating up 4 from 95 to 99.

Great race by the way.

Done some more testing this evening and sacrificed my DR and SR to do it - not sure I'll be doing that again.

I'm going to suggest the following (For DR A SR S anyway):

Max/Min SR in one race is +/- 15pts
Max/Min DR in one race is +/- 1200 pts. (Plus 1200 if you get promoted/relegated as a result)

Not sure if anyone can replicate/confirm/suggest alternative values.

Edit:
The negative value changes can be achieved in a three lap race (Daily Race B) i.e. I got -1200 and -15 in the same race tonight.

Tonight's findings.

A 100% clean race and qualifying in the FIA race gave 16 SR points.

Also, DR points are definitely strength of field related - potentially significantly so in certain circumstances but, per usual, need more data.

Why in the world do we have to speculate about this and SR? The least PD could do is explain how their deeply flawed system works from week to week.

Better to drive fast and clean. The number on our door is the line between going up or down in your rating. Finish above that # and you'll go up a bit, depending on how many positions you beat the game while driving clean. And the opposite under the number ..etc... Where am I wrong this ?

Why in the world do we have to speculate about this and SR? The least PD could do is explain how their deeply flawed system works from week to week.

Ever played FIFA? The level of transparency PD work with vs EA is a different World.

Better to drive fast and clean. The number on our door is the line between going up or down in your rating. Finish above that # and you'll go up a bit, depending on how many positions you beat the game while driving clean. And the opposite under the number ..etc... Where am I wrong this ?

Can you share the data to support this please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Done some more testing this evening and sacrificed my DR and SR to do it - not sure I'll be doing that again.

I'm going to suggest the following (For DR A SR S anyway):

Max/Min SR in one race is +/- 15pts
Max/Min DR in one race is +/- 1200 pts. (Plus 1200 if you get promoted/relegated as a result)

Not sure if anyone can replicate/confirm/suggest alternative values.

Edit:
The negative value changes can be achieved in a three lap race (Daily Race B) i.e. I got -1200 and -15 in the same race tonight.

Well, I just managed a -18 in a daily C, 3 short cuts (one at the final chicane I can never judge perfectly, one avoiding an accident and one bumped over the kerbs which it penalised me for), 2 x 5 second pens, in both cases I was the meat in the sandwich and was bumped by one car into another car which was catapulted off and a heap of 50/50 rubs. A new record I hope not to repeat.

I am pretty sure now that I'm seeing a pattern of gaining/losing more points when there is more highly rated competition. For example, in a race a week ago against a field full of DR S/A/B I gained 668 pts by coming 4th of 18 (door #7), having gained 1 place. In a very mixed (A to E) field last night, finishing 4th of 17 lost me 42 points (door #5, but without the bug should've been 1, 2 or 3), having fallen back 2 places. (Both races with me as mid DR A, just slightly higher last night than a week ago, 40487 vs 38509).

I only mention the door # out of interest; I don't think it directly affects the scoring. I've certainly had some occasions where I've finished below it and still gained DR. Also, I don't think positions gained/lost affects it, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
One problem I keep coming up against is - I start doing well in DR D then get matched to stronger drivers DR C or B and I’m at the back of the grid again and lose points. Or I get promoted and drop down again for the same reason.

Latest Posts

Back