So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 1,142 comments
My concern isn't mainly because it's there. My concern is the game economy and the effects this may or may not have on it :nervous:.
I don't disagree with you, it is alittle worrisome. I guess PD may use this to probably test something, but then on another hand I could understand how it is struggling for others to gain cars.

TB
That in no way means they actually know how to drive them, though, so you'll still smoke them.

And then get kicked from the lobby for smoking them. :lol:
Especially in a "no smoking" lobby:lol:

And it's a legitimate concern for sure, but it's pure speculation at this point. PD/Kaz set up the GT economy in GT5 and I think most of us expect it to be the same or very close. If payouts are reduced in Seasonals and/or anywhere else, I'll not be happy about that either. But no point in stressing over it until we know it's happened or not right?

I don't disagree with you, it is alittle worrisome. I guess PD may use this to probably test something, but then on another hand I could understand how it is struggling for others to gain cars.
My finger is on the button

panic-button.jpg

It's like Toll Roads... You have the money, you pay, you get to go faster...

The rest of us will just have to continue grinding at snail pace...

There is no right or wrong... we'll all get there somehow...

The future looks to be that way... the great divide will become even greater... sadly...

now if there was a way to take money out of the equation... ummm ummm ?!?
Random fact - toll roads existed 200+ years ago.
turnpike01.jpg

Last edited:
The main reason why I don't like this idea is because they will add MORE than just transactions in later Gran Turismo games. $15 for an extended demo? (GT5 Prologue) I can accept that. Paying for DLC? I think that's awesome. Paying for transactions? No I can't accept that. And I know the people who disagree with me are laughing at my comments. Listen, I love Gran Turismo, but I cannot support PD if they soon decide to make cars that are already included in the disk as DLC.

No big deal at all, nobody is being forced to buy anything extra so who cares? It's not like you can buy driving skill with that money so I don't see it as a threat to competition. I won't be purchasing in game credits but I like having the option in case something comes up where I REALLY need to get a certain car as soon as possible.

The main reason why I don't like this idea is because they will add MORE than just transactions in later Gran Turismo games. $15 for an extended demo? (GT5 Prologue) I can accept that. Paying for DLC? I think that's awesome. Paying for transactions? No I can't accept that. And I know the people who disagree with me are laughing at my comments. Listen, I love Gran Turismo, but I cannot support PD if they soon decide to make cars that are already included in the disk as DLC.
Join the "PS3 last console I ever buy" club, you'll be in good company.

Once again, you seem to miss the point. This is no different from ANY other game. If others make profits doing this why can't PD? Also, this is NOT AFFECTING THE GAME in any way other than making it quicker (which in most cases people wouldn't want, since it turns the game into a chore).

Also that last bit IS laughable because most DLC is probably already available in bare-bones on the disk already.

I don't really care for the purchase credits thing, I don't buy many cars anyways. This would be more acceptable if this were a free to play game.
Exactly. I wish I could give 10,000 likes for this.

Actually, I like the idea of making the cars easy to come by. Why? Ok, so you've thought of this really great race you want to run with your friends except the same guy always needs a car. Before, we handled this ... secretly. Now we can just tell him ... "use cash money!!"

Talk about making a game too easy... now Online will be filled with casual idiots with multi million hyper machines day 1.
While this is true, many folks will indeed have access to any and every car and upgrade, the sporting regulations of the room will still prohibit their use. This really has no effect on Online play unless you have an "open" room and want to race with a Focus.

Its.......your.....CHOICE.

Use the service or don't...jezzzze.
The internet just loves to whine and cry.
Nope it's the choice the game developers give you, meaning you will shelve out a couple of hundred of bucks on a game if you want the "complete package".

Free market and consumer choice yes indeed, but before you got the full deal with the original purchase until they released a new game some years onwards that had new content.

Life is getting more and more expensive and it's not like our wages raise equally to compensate ;)

It's just the other side of the coin... some people get resentful for people that "pay to win" the other side is what about those people that do nothing but sit around and do nothing but play all day every day... I know people that have been playing call of duty, street fighter or this this game practically all year long except to sleep... some people have time, others money... I got all the cars within a week or so in GT5 and beat other games in no time flat.. ANYWAY I DON'T CARE if you're in GOD'S OWN FORMULA 1!!! If you can't race it, you can't win!!!! So go ahead and spend your $20.00 every couple of days, doesn't make you Earnhart or Andretti...

Relax people. It's not like we haven't all learned how to make credits as fast as possible anyways. Most of us will have most of the cars within a week or two anyways. It's not like it's hard. Now, can you drive the cars fast? That's the question.

That's not the question at all.

You allude to the fact we "all learned how to make credits fast" ie. Gone with the Wind, Seasonals etc. Have a look at whats happened to GTA Online, another game with in game money that "wasn't going to affect the games economy".
Players quickly worked out the most efficient way to make money, much the same as your'e implying GT5 players did. What was Rockstar response? Nerf the whole pay structure for online missions.....

So wouldn't the real question be this - are Polyphony going to take the Rockstar approach?

GT dollars could be a great idea for Polyphony. Allow those that wish to pay real money the chance to do so, so long as it's not at the expense of the integrity of the game.

Ok... Why does it matter what people choose to do with their money? This lets you buy the cars you want sooner. It does not affect the game in any kind of way. Lots of games actually do this.

I don't plan to buy credits with real money but I understand people with a lot of excess money might.

Life is getting more and more expensive and it's not like our wages raise equally to compensate ;)
Games gets more and more complex, and it's not like the retail price raise equally to compensate.
Have to agree with eran on this one. PS2 games typically ran $40USD and PS3's $60. So, logically, the PS4 would go to $80, right? Oh, that's right, they're staying at $60. That needs to be made up somewhere and if people want to buy premium content (DLC, anyone?), why wouldn't the game developers provide that for them? It's not like you have to buy it to complete the game.

I'm on both sides. It bugs me in the way that someone can max a car completely out in less than 10 minutes of gameplay, and when that goes online it just gets messy (Think of money cars in GTA Online - someone can easily buy a tank for what was it, 20 dollars now?). At least Gran Turismo has levels on their cars making it impossible for a level 4 to buy something as crazy as the "X1" instantly.
On the other side, it allows people to experiment and have the freedom to do whatever they want to a car that they desire. Want to do some testing tune on a Nova? You got the money for it now. No need to do a repetitive race 3, 4 times in a row to reach 12 million credits.

TB
Have to agree with eran on this one. PS2 games typically ran $40USD and PS3's $60. So, logically, the PS4 would go to $80, right? Oh, that's right, they're staying at $60. That needs to be made up somewhere and if people want to buy premium content (DLC, anyone?), why wouldn't the game developers provide that for them? It's not like you have to buy it to complete the game.
PS4 will be easier to develop for than PS3, so shouldn't prices go down then? :D

Nope it's the choice the game developers give you, meaning you will shelve out a couple of hundred of bucks on a game if you want the "complete package".

Free market and consumer choice yes indeed, but before you got the full deal with the original purchase until they released a new game some years onwards that had new content.

So the Human race has no free will?
Thats what you just said man.And I'm NOT going to argue with you over this ridiculous reply.

I'm on both sides. It bugs me in the way that someone can max a car completely out in less than 10 minutes of gameplay, and when that goes online it just gets messy (Think of money cars in GTA Online - someone can easily buy a tank for what was it, 20 dollars now?). At least Gran Turismo has levels on their cars making it impossible for a level 4 to buy something as crazy as the "X1" instantly.
On the other side, it allows people to experiment and have the freedom to do whatever they want to a car that they desire. Want to do some testing tune on a Nova? You got the money for it now. No need to do a repetitive race 3, 4 times in a row to reach 12 million credits.

Actually you need to be level 70 to purchase a tank in GTA online, and in GT6, there is no "levels" - all cars are available from the dealerships, and are not dependent on anything except having enough credits. So your analogy is inaccurate.

Sadly, as horrible as the Exp. Points system was in GT5, I kind of want it back now only for online only because of the multiple problems of screaming kids stated above.

Last edited:
PS4 will be easier to develop for than PS3, so shouldn't prices go down then? :D

I wish that was the case, but the time saved in easier compatibility will be spent on graphic details. It's fair for prices to stay as they are I suppose.

And they didn't rebalance the car prices to boot? That's hilarious. At least that should finally put an end to all of the "EA/Turn 10 are evil because DLC" arguments.

Nope, T10 still implement day one DLC and are making their pass even more expensive. PD are getting there though.

Sadly, as horrible as the Exp. Points system was in GT5, I kind of want it back now so people can fully play the game to get the most out of it and the more expensive cars.

Agreed, at least for online. In Single Player, you can purchase what you want whenever you like, but you should be a certain level to drive a high performance car online.

Latest Posts

Back