So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 1,142 comments
vpc8.png

More than half of those will be X2010/X2011/X2014 variants won't they?

Well let's count them.

X2010, X2010 Prototype, X2010 S. Vettel, X2011 (4)
Jaguar XJ13, Ferrari 330 P4, Ford Mark IV Race Car, Ferrari 250 GTO, Ford GT40 Race Car (5)

Am I missing any?

Many people don't seem to see the real problem and have a lack of foresight. Sure it maybe fine now, but have a think about where it is heading. Once PD see that they're actually making money from it, 2-3 games down the track they'll start increasing difficulty to earn credits, much like what Forza 5 is now. The line has been crossed.
Their excuse was to make it easily accessible, how bout you actually redesign career mode! Add difficulty levels, you know...actually design a GAME.

Many people don't seem to see the real problem and have a lack of foresight. Sure it maybe fine now, but have a think about where it is heading. Once PD see that they're actually making money from it, 2-3 games down the track they'll start increasing difficulty to earn credits, much like what Forza 5 is now. The line has been crossed.
Their excuse was to make it easily accessible, how bout you actually redesign career mode! Add difficulty levels, you know...actually design a GAME.

I have to say, this is probably where it can improve the game. Rather than designing AI down to the lowest common denominator, have brutal, aggressive AI, and anyone who doesn't like it can buy their way through the game - much like people do with every game with microtransactions - *but* - have a record on your online profile for who has bought credits, and/or an achievement for completion without purchasing credits (maybe an extra car unlock too).

Adding "difficulty levels" doesn't always work in racing, since the difficulty isn't just in making opponents go faster or slower, but make mistakes, be aggressive, take different lines through corners... AI in racing games has lagged behind other styles of game not because the devs are lazy, but because it's ****ing hard to do.

I have to say, this is probably where it can improve the game. Rather than designing AI down to the lowest common denominator, have brutal, aggressive AI, and anyone who doesn't like it can buy their way through the game - much like people do with every game with microtransactions - *but* - have a record on your online profile for who has bought credits, and/or an achievement for completion without purchasing credits (maybe an extra car unlock too).

Adding "difficulty levels" doesn't always work in racing, since the difficulty isn't just in making opponents go faster or slower, but make mistakes, be aggressive, take different lines through corners... AI in racing games has lagged behind other styles of game not because the devs are lazy, but because it's hard to do.

This is clutching at straws. Microtransactions are not an improvement to the game, and they never will be, for the consumer at least. Every possible reason you can offer which respresents a positive aspect, could also have been accomplished through intelligent game design. They are implementing this purely to make more money, not to improve the experience for the gamer. What is wrong with making money? Nothing, bring out some new content and people will gladly pay for it. We shouldn't need to make extra purchases to access content that is in the game we paid for. They need to reduce the drawn out level of progression in the game, because at the moment i'd hazard a guess that <0.01% of GT5 players own every car in the game, which is ludicrous. It's the fact it takes several hundred hours to gain the amount of credits needed to buy every car - and there is no way around that without giving them more money, for content that we have already paid for.

Also i'd like to point out that if difficulty levels don't work, then replacing lowest common denominator AI with brutal, aggressive AI won't work either. The AI will never be smart enough to provide the player the same experience as fair, competitive online play can. They can be fast enough, but usually only artifically (Like faster than the player on the straights, or by having stupidly high grip in the corners ala Race Driver Grid). Turning the wick up on the AI will lose PD future sales, because the proportion of the market who are young gamers, or who are more casual players, will not buy future titles. The sim racer types might be happy, the key word being 'might'. It's just a silly idea.

For all the people that were rightfully concerned about the introduction of microtransactions torpedoing the GT6 economy I offer the following evidence from the GTP News section and of course, GT6:

• Honda Fit RS Super Lap: Gran Turismo Arena / 1 Lap
    Period of Availability: 12/4/2013 20:00 – 1/1/2014 22:00
    Gold: Cr.5,000 Silver: Cr.3,500 Bronze: Cr.1,500
  • 15th Anniversary Cars Super Lap Round 1 / 1 Lap
    Gold: Cr.9,000 Silver: Cr.4,000 Bronze: Cr.2,000
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT Super Lap / 1 Lap
    Gold: Cr.12,500 Silver: Cr.7,500 Bronze: Cr.5,000
Welcome to Grind Turismo 6 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

I know it's not even the same animal but has anyone ever played the real racing games on iOS/android? Those were the best racing games on that platform and it was completely butt raped in RR3 by MT. I doubt GT will ever be like that but dang what a nightmare if it was.

We shouldn't need to make extra purchases to access content that is in the game we paid for.

Nice strawman. I never said it should be necessary to make extra purchases to access content, I said people should be able to buy their way through if they so choose - if someone can't be arsed playing the game, how does that affect you?! So your e-peen won't be able to claim it finished the game first - if people are concerned about others getting further ahead before them, they've bought the game for the wrong reasons.

Also I'd like to point out that if difficulty levels don't work, then replacing lowest common denominator AI with brutal, aggressive AI won't work either.
Yeah that was a bit of a failed gedanken. The point was that, as you mentioned in your post, you can't simply make ai speed up artificially and still have enjoyable AI - it needs to be designed in. Ideally, you either have AI designed to be competitive, or AI designed to be uncompetitive - or both. Trying to scale one or the other down or up simply doesn't work (without the cheats you mentioned, like unfair speed/grip, etc).

For all the people that were rightfully concerned about the introduction of microtransactions torpedoing the GT6 economy I offer the following evidence from the GTP News section and of course, GT6:

• Honda Fit RS Super Lap: Gran Turismo Arena / 1 Lap
    Gold: Cr.5,000 Silver: Cr.3,500 Bronze: Cr.1,500
  • 15th Anniversary Cars Super Lap Round 1 / 1 Lap
    Gold: Cr.9,000 Silver: Cr.4,000 Bronze: Cr.2,000
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT Super Lap / 1 Lap
    Gold: Cr.12,500 Silver: Cr.7,500 Bronze: Cr.5,000
Welcome to Grind Turismo 6 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

LOL

5,000 + 3,500 + 1,500 = 10,000 cr

9,000 + 4,000 + 2,000 = 15,000 cr

12,500 + 7,500 + 5,000 = 25,000 cr

^^

Too bad that manual you linked has old dates, and says the prices are unavailable as far as the other limits go. So this isn't proof that Amazon is out of whack, considering the prices given weren't of the 500K denomination.

Well if you compare Amazon prices with PSN prices, they are actually out of whack.

What PSN prices though, has it been disclosed what they are yet? I'm saying there isn't anything to compare yet.

Yes they have. Go to GT Store in the main screen and see for yourself. But here it's priced:

3.99 for 500k
7.99 fir 1mill
15.99 for 2.5
39.99 for 7mill

My bad, they're actually the same. But these are quoted from inside GT6. So they have been disclosed.

Yes they have. Go to GT Store in the main screen and see for yourself. But here it's priced:

3.99 for 500k
7.99 fir 1mill
15.99 for 2.5
39.99 for 7mill

My bad, they're actually the same. But these are quoted from inside GT6. So they have been disclosed.

So they are the same as I thought, but I haven't looked for myself because I don't personally own the game. And don't plan too until the other major updates hit and currently busy with school (finals week). I've been playing on my limited time at a friends dorm who helped get hooked to the series. Glad to know where to look exactly for next time, though it doesn't matter I don't plan to use the transactions ever. But these prices do match the conversion prices on Amazon so...

Back on the first page the OP updated the first post with the (Pay Something Now) I mean PSN prices :)

Thanks, for keeping me updated.

there is 10 cars priced 20 mil

and gt5 had only 5 i think ?

Just think for 2 easy payments of $40 USD you can come close to owning one!!!

Call now :crazy::dopey:

It's not so much pay to win, but pay to stay in the game. Rock bottom win bonus, low count of prize cars. Huge chassis repair costs.

Probably the easiest ever GT game to go bankrupt.

The biggest, glaring change is the prize cars.. the fact we hardly get any prize cars for winning races now just completely stinks and I hate the fact it was taken away so we can make less money in the game... the money issue aside I really liked collecting prize cars!! :guilty:

It's not so much pay to win, but pay to stay in the game. Rock bottom win bonus, low count of prize cars. Huge chassis repair costs.

Probably the easiest ever GT game to go bankrupt.

Which therefore makes it the most accurate representation of today's crappy economy.

Is a driving game meant to be a reflection of the real economy?

Why don't PD/Sony give me marketing monies every time I go out on track in a playstation liveried car?

I wouldn't call it "bribe your way to victory". Bribe your way to get the cars that you want: yes. You will still have to drive them to victory :)

Back