So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by tankuroded, Nov 18, 2013.

1. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

They debunked the theory of combing Gold/Silver/Bronze payouts.

2. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I'm just going to post this here.

There. Now people doesn't need to say "oh because of this getting money in the game is going to be HAAAaard or decreased to encourage this". :sly:

iainoflo85 likes this.
  3. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Yeah, I tried posting that too, and I got shot down.

TokoTurismo likes this.
  4. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

You did? Well than I'm glad I came to back you up to remind others again. :):tup:

5. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Yup:

6. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

alonsof1fan91 likes this.
  7. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

Let's remember that SONY may have a hand in what is being sold. We have 7 days to find out what the game actually provides, and until it is seen that there is no way to earn money in a reasonable amount of time, this argument is pointless. If SONY wants to have a larger amount of DLC, then this offers it. However, if PD is going to make this necessary, they have lost touch and will never have another big selling game again.

KWZX10 likes this.
  8. wallpaper42

wallpaper42

Anybody wanna buy my virtual XJ13 for $272?

9. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I'm creating an excel sheet to keep track of what cars I need when I have the game and how much it will cost to complete my garage, that is kind of irrelevant but it means I could quickly calculate how much it would cost in real money to buy every car in the game (this is all based on the 1 million CR for €9.99, it would cost less for the bigger credit packages).

€6913.08
    $9405.25
    £5735.42

*Doesn't include the cost of any hidden or DLC cars.

10. [​IMG]

What scares me is that someone out there will pay that, because they either have enough money to blow, they are incredibly stupid, or they are a dangerously serious Gran Turismo fan.

Grand Prix and iainoflo85 like this.
  11. Seismica

Seismica Premium

It's funny, in GT5P if you wanted to skip the progression you could download a complete gamesave (Obviously would have to wait until a while after release). In other GTs you could apply cheatcodes using gameshark or similar systems. Now they want you to pay significant amounts of cash for the privelage.

This is hilarious *eats popcorn*.

Is there information about how much late game cars cost, and how much later races pay out? I think that's much more important than how much the sunday cup gives out, which was discussed in the last few pages. In my experience, you rarely have to run the sunday cup more than twice, which I wouldn't consider grinding (It looks like GT6 is ok in that respect). It's later in the game when you have to spam the same high earning races that it becomes a problem, which is where even a 5-10% reduction in earnings relative to car prices can really hurt.

I'm still boycotting the game, at least first hand. Still undecided about buying a second hand copy, providing they don't tie the game to your account that it.

12. FishHunters

FishHunters

Kinda takes away the thrill of earning your cars if you can just buy credits and buy cars. For one don't you still have to have achieved a certain level to buy certain cars? Secondly, I would prefer to use the BSpec Grinder Widget. Ran a group and we made out like bandits. Thats why my drivers still have over 60 million between them. I should be able to carry those credits over to GT6.

13. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

In GT5, credits can be changed easily with a tool, or those in the know directly to the save file. I think GT6 will have the same thing, and I am sure those who don't want to use this method, will find that earning credits should be easier with login bonus, seasonals and performance point difference system.

iainoflo85 and TokoTurismo like this.
  14. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Look at this, then:

ChrisFax4Ever likes this.
  15. eSZee

eSZee

My 2nd account will be happy about the hacks.

iainoflo85 and Justin like this.
  16. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

It's fake, unless someone with the required knowledge has the game disc, obtain the required stuff to make it possible. It's just a matter of time really.

17. Northstar

Northstar Premium

It's real(After the race when he is on the main screen).

Of course it could also just be a review copy with an insane amount of credits.

18. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

It's not fake. It's in a video. See for yourself:

Tree'd.

19. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I see, someone with the means already have the game disc :) I wished I have the disc and CFW PS3 :( Hopefully, the guy is kind enough to share the "key" to the world.

20. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

Now that the credit pack prices appear to have been revealed, I'm going to reiterate my earlier concerns. You can certainly extrapolate the math by replacing my generally assumed to be overpriced estimates(haha) with what we now know. You'll notice that my generally assumed to be overpriced estimates were actually underpriced when compared to what has been revealed. Good stuff, huh?

Just because; for 2.5mil credits @ $26USD that 10mil credit Alfa Zagato will cost you $104USD. And you haven't even bought tyres for it yet, or an oil change, rebuilds, anything. That's hot.

The hypothetical GT500 series illustrated above would now cost you more. 5.5mil credits(test and first race)+8mil(rebuilds after each race) will run you to 13.5mil credits which at $26 for 2.5mil will cost you $140.40 in green American dollars. That does not count any maintenance for testing and fuel runs between races, and it assumes you are assigned a specific car and do not have to test various car selection options. Of course, you'd be rather wasting your time in such a series if you did not practice and test fuel runs, etc; so the true cost to compete will actually be considerably higher.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  21. binbin90

binbin90

I'll probably just race and race until I can afford those cars in the dealership. I don't really purchase anything at the PS Store anyway, unless they're free :p

22. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

23. JuiceMcGoose

JuiceMcGoose

Some of the dates in the manual go back 6 months. I think the amount used in the manual is just an example to show how to download DLC.

24. Bam2317

Bam2317

In gt5 i made most of my credits doing seasonal events online, i think there was one race where you won 500,000cr so i hope they return. Some people might see it as cheating by buying game credits with real money so they can get the best cars without actually really playing the game, but is up to them i wont be wasting real money just to get a 20,000,000cr car. DLC on the other hand im happy to pay for

25. vrajdeber

vrajdeber

If the seasonal events pay as much as they in GT5, I don't think I'll be buying credits. Ever.

26. Sum1s2pid

Sum1s2pid

If PD and Sony are trying to motivate me to stick with my plan of not purchasing credits for GT6, then they're doing a fine job. Keep up the good work.

ildd likes this.
  27. ScouserInExile

ScouserInExile

So Eurogamer are saying microtransations on this are worse then Forza.
    • 500,000 Game Credits (£3.99/€4.99)
    • 1 Million In-Game Credits (£7.99/€9.99)
    • 2,500,000 In-Game Credits (£15.99/€19.99)
    • 7 Million In-Game Credits (£39.99/€49.99)

That puts a 20,000,000 credit car as costing ~£115. Which is beyond outrageous.

It'll be interesting to do a comparison between GT5 and GT6 to see the difference between low, mid and high tier rewards, which should indicate if the economy has been messed with to encourage microtransactions.

novcze likes this.
  28. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

Hmmm If I could earn game credits and sell cars for real cash to other gamers....

Would I be a professional racing driver 8) ?

novcze likes this.
  29. trustjab

trustjab

I'll believe the prices when PD or Sony announce them.

Bam2317 and iainoflo85 like this.
  30. ScouserInExile

ScouserInExile

Eurogamer are saying thats from the PlayStation Store, but I can't find it.

Interestingly, they have also said
    "Eurogamer's Martin Robinson has been playing the game and tells me GT6's economy works exactly the same as GT5's, with progression, payouts and car prices very similar."

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.