So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 1,142 comments
Its actually 5200 for each of the first two races if the payouts combine bronze silver and gold. After two races you nearly have 2/3 the price of your starting car. Then 4500 for the coffee break which requires no car purchase.

They debunked the theory of combing Gold/Silver/Bronze payouts.

You did? Well than I'm glad I came to back you up to remind others again. :)👍

Yup:

Since the middle east have somehow gotten hold of GT6 now, they've been posting their thoughts.

One mentioned that money is easy to get, so I don't think people should worry about payouts being low (at least in the vanilla version).

I think 4k for Gold for Sunday Cup at High Speed Ring was posted.

Wow!!! A whole $4K from one race!!! Tremendous!!! I can run a race then buy a muffler. All my worries about the economy are over....lol

Let's remember that SONY may have a hand in what is being sold. We have 7 days to find out what the game actually provides, and until it is seen that there is no way to earn money in a reasonable amount of time, this argument is pointless. If SONY wants to have a larger amount of DLC, then this offers it. However, if PD is going to make this necessary, they have lost touch and will never have another big selling game again.

I'm creating an excel sheet to keep track of what cars I need when I have the game and how much it will cost to complete my garage, that is kind of irrelevant but it means I could quickly calculate how much it would cost in real money to buy every car in the game (this is all based on the 1 million CR for €9.99, it would cost less for the bigger credit packages).

€6913.08
$9405.25
£5735.42

*Doesn't include the cost of any hidden or DLC cars.

£5735.42

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

What scares me is that someone out there will pay that, because they either have enough money to blow, they are incredibly stupid, or they are a dangerously serious Gran Turismo fan.

I'm creating an excel sheet to keep track of what cars I need when I have the game and how much it will cost to complete my garage, that is kind of irrelevant but it means I could quickly calculate how much it would cost in real money to buy every car in the game (this is all based on the 1 million CR for €9.99, it would cost less for the bigger credit packages).

€6913.08
$9405.25
£5735.42

*Doesn't include the cost of any hidden or DLC cars.

It's funny, in GT5P if you wanted to skip the progression you could download a complete gamesave (Obviously would have to wait until a while after release). In other GTs you could apply cheatcodes using gameshark or similar systems. Now they want you to pay significant amounts of cash for the privelage.

This is hilarious *eats popcorn*.

Is there information about how much late game cars cost, and how much later races pay out? I think that's much more important than how much the sunday cup gives out, which was discussed in the last few pages. In my experience, you rarely have to run the sunday cup more than twice, which I wouldn't consider grinding (It looks like GT6 is ok in that respect). It's later in the game when you have to spam the same high earning races that it becomes a problem, which is where even a 5-10% reduction in earnings relative to car prices can really hurt.

I'm still boycotting the game, at least first hand. Still undecided about buying a second hand copy, providing they don't tie the game to your account that it.

Kinda takes away the thrill of earning your cars if you can just buy credits and buy cars. For one don't you still have to have achieved a certain level to buy certain cars? Secondly, I would prefer to use the BSpec Grinder Widget. Ran a group and we made out like bandits. Thats why my drivers still have over 60 million between them. I should be able to carry those credits over to GT6.

It's funny, in GT5P if you wanted to skip the progression you could download a complete gamesave (Obviously would have to wait until a while after release). In other GTs you could apply cheatcodes using gameshark or similar systems. Now they want you to pay significant amounts of cash for the privelage.

This is hilarious *eats popcorn*.

Is there information about how much late game cars cost, and how much later races pay out? I think that's much more important than how much the sunday cup gives out, which was discussed in the last few pages. In my experience, you rarely have to run the sunday cup more than twice, which I wouldn't consider grinding (It looks like GT6 is ok in that respect). It's later in the game when you have to spam the same high earning races that it becomes a problem, which is where even a 5-10% reduction in earnings relative to car prices can really hurt.

I'm still boycotting the game, at least first hand. Still undecided about buying a second hand copy, providing they don't tie the game to your account that it.

In GT5, credits can be changed easily with a tool, or those in the know directly to the save file. I think GT6 will have the same thing, and I am sure those who don't want to use this method, will find that earning credits should be easier with login bonus, seasonals and performance point difference system.

In GT5, credits can be changed easily with a tool, or those in the know directly to the save file. I think GT6 will have the same thing, and I am sure those who don't want to use this method, will find that earning credits should be easier with login bonus, seasonals and performance point difference system.

Look at this, then:

Well, that's nice.

View attachment 85236

Ugh...

It's fake, unless someone with the required knowledge has the game disc, obtain the required stuff to make it possible. It's just a matter of time really.

It's real(After the race when he is on the main screen).

Of course it could also just be a review copy with an insane amount of credits.

I see, someone with the means already have the game disc :) I wished I have the disc and CFW PS3 :( Hopefully, the guy is kind enough to share the "key" to the world.

Now that the credit pack prices appear to have been revealed, I'm going to reiterate my earlier concerns. You can certainly extrapolate the math by replacing my generally assumed to be overpriced estimates(haha) with what we now know. You'll notice that my generally assumed to be overpriced estimates were actually underpriced when compared to what has been revealed. Good stuff, huh?

It would be awfully naive to assume that credits will be as 'easy' to obtain in GT6 as they are in GT5 with the ability to purchase credits through microtransactions.

I say 'easy' regarding GT5 with irony because after nearly three years and hundreds of hours of game time I still have to 'grind' for an hour or two every few weeks(Bspec seasonal) to obtain the current car required for a series and I personally feel that is a bit absurd. Some may not, and that is ok.

This next part is pure speculation, but given the trend of most developers who offer cash microtransactions typically have available a $5, $10, and $20 option one could postulate the effects on GT6 utlising some costs that we know from GT5. GT6's announcement of a 500k, 1mil, and 7mil packages may be aligned with those $5, $10, and $20 figures, respectively.

Using those possible numbers above; let's look at the 'real' cost to compete in a high level GT500 series utlising figures we know from GT5, for example. The price of the car is ~$1mil. Now you break in that car and spend $500k on an engine rebuild. You then, presumably will require a set of tyres(or perhaps two if multi-compound) as well. You're now looking at over 1.5mil for this base car. Not done. If you want to be competitive in this fictitious series, you're going to need to test whether this car you built is faster with or without Chassis Maintenance(GT Auto), which is not removable. So you will need to build a second car(1mil) to test that back to back, this one with engine(500k) and chassis maintenance(500k). Oh, and tyres. You're now over $3.5mil. Still not done. The pointy end is also going to test the car with both the Chassis Rigidity(Tuning Shop) and the Chassis Maintenance(GT Auto) applied, and that is also non-removable again requiring yet another build(2mil, total invested 5.5mil). The 'typical' pointy end driver in this fictitious series may very well stop here at $5.5mil invested(not including the add on of 500k-1mil rebuilds after each enduro). The even more particular drivers will test this hypothetical car further, knowing that Chassis Rigidity(Tuning Shop) and Chassis Maintenance(GT Auto) produce different characteristics and will test the car with only Rigidity(Tuning Shop) applied and with only Maintenance(GT Auto) applied. There's another few million, if you'd like.

Before looking at the total numbers, somebody here will say that building anything past the base car is unnecessary. I am going to respectfully predecline that debate, because if you truely believe that the Chassis Maintenance and Chassis Rigidity do not appreciably affect the car's performance and driving characteristics; you're deceiving yourself. If you also believe that top level drivers don't test 2 cars(with and without Chassis Maintenance(GT Auto)) or more(if aftermarket wheels are an option) even for a Spec Race(tuning prohibited), you're deceiving yourself.

So, 5.5mil credits for a solid effort, plus 500k per race for post-race rebuild, and possibly 1mil for post race rebuild(if you determine that with Chassis Maintenance applied is faster). That's $20 real money for your first race(7mil cash pack) and $5-10 for each race you attend(depending on whether you require just and engine rebuild or couple with Chassis Maintenance). That could cost you $100 real money for an 8 race series. Hang around an autoslolam event and you can snag a day(or two) competing in a real car for that money. If you're the sensitive-to-changes particular-type driver who tests all of the combinations of options posted above, you're spending triple digits for 8 races on a video game. And I didn't even touch on the additional rebuilds after your testing sessions and fuel runs between races....because you are going to run a half-length race beforehand......right?

Keep in mind there are also popular series that run 3 cars per week and will require a minimum of one car be acquired per week(as it rotates out and is replaced) and sometimes two.

For those whom the above numbers don't apply, such as your car show/cruise types; see the following. Alfa Zagato @10mil credits in-game is going to cost you $28.55 in real money using the above hypothetical figures. Nearly $30 for one car. Even halving those prices is not acceptable, in my opinion. At that price point other driving or racing 'games' or 'simulators' become very attractive.

Of course, this study(used loosely) above may or may not be applicable, however it is not likely a far fetched conclusion. Again, even halving or further dividing these figures is rather unreasonable, to me. What some consider reasonable may be different than others, so please keep that in mind when reading this. Let's remember this is a video game.

Just because; for 2.5mil credits @ $26USD that 10mil credit Alfa Zagato will cost you $104USD. And you haven't even bought tyres for it yet, or an oil change, rebuilds, anything. That's hot.

The hypothetical GT500 series illustrated above would now cost you more. 5.5mil credits(test and first race)+8mil(rebuilds after each race) will run you to 13.5mil credits which at $26 for 2.5mil will cost you $140.40 in green American dollars. That does not count any maintenance for testing and fuel runs between races, and it assumes you are assigned a specific car and do not have to test various car selection options. Of course, you'd be rather wasting your time in such a series if you did not practice and test fuel runs, etc; so the true cost to compete will actually be considerably higher.

Last edited:
I'll probably just race and race until I can afford those cars in the dealership. I don't really purchase anything at the PS Store anyway, unless they're free :P

Some of the dates in the manual go back 6 months. I think the amount used in the manual is just an example to show how to download DLC.

In gt5 i made most of my credits doing seasonal events online, i think there was one race where you won 500,000cr so i hope they return. Some people might see it as cheating by buying game credits with real money so they can get the best cars without actually really playing the game, but is up to them i wont be wasting real money just to get a 20,000,000cr car. DLC on the other hand im happy to pay for

If PD and Sony are trying to motivate me to stick with my plan of not purchasing credits for GT6, then they're doing a fine job. Keep up the good work.

So Eurogamer are saying microtransations on this are worse then Forza.
  • 500,000 Game Credits (£3.99/€4.99)
  • 1 Million In-Game Credits (£7.99/€9.99)
  • 2,500,000 In-Game Credits (£15.99/€19.99)
  • 7 Million In-Game Credits (£39.99/€49.99)

That puts a 20,000,000 credit car as costing ~£115. Which is beyond outrageous.

It'll be interesting to do a comparison between GT5 and GT6 to see the difference between low, mid and high tier rewards, which should indicate if the economy has been messed with to encourage microtransactions.

Eurogamer are saying thats from the PlayStation Store, but I can't find it.

Interestingly, they have also said
"Eurogamer's Martin Robinson has been playing the game and tells me GT6's economy works exactly the same as GT5's, with progression, payouts and car prices very similar."

Latest Posts

Back