Soft-Body Crash Physics; Yes or No?

• Thread starter calahan
  • 227 comments

Should Future GT will have Realistic Crash?

• Yes but its nice if it has option to turn it off too.

Votes: 218 90.8%
  • No, its useless.

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
I still want brake fade and tire wear on. Maybe if you're racing and you hit the brakes too hard, warped rotor or something

alexlam24
I still want brake fade and tire wear on. Maybe if you're racing and you hit the brakes too hard, warped rotor or something

This is a really good idea. If it's a simulator it should have this stuff already.

PD's damage physics in GT5 were abysmal IMO, so I'll settle for a more scripted system like we've seen in Forza and many other games this generation. It's far from ideal, but it gets the job done. We would all love adaptable damage but I don't think it should be the team's top priority.

Please stop going back to that video. It's been explained quite conclusively why those sort of physics are unlikely to ever feature in a video game with hundreds of cars like GT.

SimonK
Please stop going back to that video. It's been explained quite conclusively why those sort of physics are unlikely to ever feature in a video game with hundreds of cars like GT.

They still look amazing! :-) you can't take away from that fact. If GT can borrow just small fraction of these physics it would add quite a bit to the sim.

dr_slump
So basically my car would fall apart while driving down the mulsanne straight?

Hahaha you have to admit, that would be freakin awesome!!! :-D Glass shards flying everywhere, nuts and bolts falling, sweet. It would be quite a bit lighter by the time you reached the finish line.....if you reached.....the finish line. :-(

They still look amazing! :-) you can't take away from that fact. If GT can borrow just small fraction of these physics it would add quite a bit to the sim.

Well yes they do look good but there are still many flaws with it and GT couldn't borrow a 'fraction' of the physics, you either build your cars like that or you don't, PD can't just add a little bit of soft body physics.

SimonK
Well yes they do look good but there are still many flaws with it and GT couldn't borrow a 'fraction' of the physics, you either build your cars like that or you don't, PD can't just add a little bit of soft body physics.

I see...l it's all or nothing. :-( In that case, as nice as they are to look at, this just isn't the right application for them. They need to be on a monster truck game. LOL. In a place where chassis stiffness and lack of body roll are considered great things, these elements would actually be a hinder.

If PD want to continue calling Gran Turismo "The Real Driving Simulator" then the answer is yes. But whatever they decide, they can't continue with the level of damage modelling seen on GT5. It looks neither realistic nor aesthetically pleasing.

Have you even read this thread? Those videso aren't from PS3 or GTA V, they're Rigs Of Rods on PC and it's already been covered why it's not going to happen in a game with hundreds of cars.

I want to see damage like a real life, like this new cryengine 3

This is Beamng and will be Released. :D
The Creators of Rigs of Rods are working on this, Now no ****, its not GTA V..

=======================================

back on topic, it would put alot of relism to GT Series :D

It would be interesting to see PD implementing popping air bags on stock cars (that supports them) and get a game over at a certain speed, but I don't know whether car manufactures would support this.

Back