Soft or Hard

• Thread starter domino5343
  • 256 comments
The OP has picked their tyre, do we really need for this to turn into ANOTHER tyre war?

Ye're not achieving anything.

but this may suit most

delibread_marble.jpg

ok so. I drift with a g27 all day everyday. Im pre good at this stuff, ive been doin it for a SOLID year now easy. Comfort hard tires are the most unrealistic drift tire PERIOD. If your lookin for realism (trying to copy formula d or D1) comfort soft or medium is the way to go DEPENDING on ur car, ur cars hp, tire width and how much camber u have). Right now i drift a few cars. A 518 hp 370Z with softs and 3.8 camber in the rear. THING IS AMAZING. i also got 710hp corvette 706. with softs is waaayy to grippy even with alot of camber. so i like mediums. also got a XKR with 740hp. i put softs on that thing and its wicked. i usually prefer softs on my drift cars. gives the car a realistic drift feal. I watch replays of my drifting and actual videos and softs do give the realistic speed. to me (a skilled drifter) softs afre more challenging and ALOT MORE FUN

cm and cs tires seem to be a way better tire..after watching ALOT of formula d and d1gp for many reasons.
1. real drift cars drift low as 40 to even 80mph cm and cs can do that
2. real drift cars it or not are a lil grippy and snappy like cm or cs
3. ch are too slippery and slow to be even accurate to a real car
4. real drift cars dont drift at 25mph in 5th gear (thats totally off)
5. even the drift cars on gtp are equiped with cs tires
6. real drift cars can drift but needs to be tuned to drift proper, unlike ch the tires are like vaseline like ch tires
7. real drift cars dont have tire spin all the way through 6th gear while accelerating on straight like ch tires
ch tires are good beginner tires but they are much to slow and slippery, no matter what car you drive from a 160hp japanese k car or a 800hp lambo you will be drift at slow speeds in 5th gear and now real drift drift car sits in 5th gear low rpm drifting. Real drift are at 3rd to 4th at a high rpm drift, hearing the scream of a rotary instead of a suttle quiet slow drift. I hope you guys need to atleast agree that cm tires are better than ch......thats my opinion :)

mopar-440
cm and cs tires seem to be a way better tire..after watching ALOT of formula d and d1gp for many reasons.
1. real drift cars drift low as 40 to even 80mph cm and cs can do that
2. real drift cars it or not are a lil grippy and snappy like cm or cs
3. ch are too slippery and slow to be even accurate to a real car
4. real drift cars dont drift at 25mph in 5th gear (thats totally off)
5. even the drift cars on gtp are equiped with cs tires
6. real drift cars can drift but needs to be tuned to drift proper, unlike ch the tires are like vaseline like ch tires
7. real drift cars dont have tire spin all the way through 6th gear while accelerating on straight like ch tires
ch tires are good beginner tires but they are much to slow and slippery, no matter what car you drive from a 160hp japanese k car or a 800hp lambo you will be drift at slow speeds in 5th gear and now real drift drift car sits in 5th gear low rpm drifting. Real drift are at 3rd to 4th at a high rpm drift, hearing the scream of a rotary instead of a suttle quiet slow drift. I hope you guys need to atleast agree that cm tires are better than ch......thats my opinion :)

That's what im talking about!

snap back = lack of skill

less grip = less control

covering up mistakes is exactly what it does

good day sir.

You're right, I only started and stayed using Comfort hards when I first starting using my wheel.
I haven't really drifted with tires with more grip because I am so used to joining comfort hards rooms.
Don't forget I only like to tandem, everytime I join a non comfort hard server, everyone there just passes you up and won't tandem.
I messed with comfort softs and I do like the feel more, not as much wheel tracing.
No more spinning through 3rd gear lol

frozzy you are right about tandem but thats like formula and and d1gp too...the faster cars do have the advantage but you can limit the pp for better compition. like a ae86 vs a supra theres a power gap between them. And people have a different style in drifting some have same car but drift at a slower rate than others. but limiting can make it easier for the slower cars

Some people say Comfort Soft and some say Comfort Hard.

You mean "some few say confort soft and some many says Confort Hard", right?

Use whatever you want, just keep in mind that you only will find fair tandems with people with same tires than yours.

By the way i use Confort Hard always, no matter how HP my car have, if its raining or not...

Lazy Liquid
You mean "some few say confort soft and some many says Confort Hard", right?

Use whatever you want, just keep in mind that you only will find fair tandems with people with same tires than yours.

By the way i use Confort Hard always, no matter how HP my car have, if its raining or not...

I did say what I said and it's not wrong. Im learning on both cs and ch so I don't have 2 take sides.

I did say what I said and it's not wrong. Im learning on both cs and ch so I don't have 2 take sides.

Let me say it again and clear. Get all the drifters in GTP, sums all non CH users... and this final number will still lower than the CH users. Im not even saying what is best for you, because this is not my intention.

Use whatever you want. But if youre using CS, dont even dare to tandem somebody using CH, or you will be considered a noob. Plus, if youre inside a CH restricted room, dont complain or ask to unlock the tire types, or else you can make new enemies (or simply get kicked, like i usualy do in my room).

Last edited:
i never really got that when you were new at something and had crappy or no upgrades you were a noob. But now if you dont run with bad tires that shouldnt even be apart of the game because they serve no use...i dont get this world no more 0.o

im just saying i have 10 reasons that i posted for cs or cm(i only numbered up to 8 but theres more) and yet i only heard 2 reasons to use ch

Last edited:
Hang on, dont we already have numerous drift tire rant threads?

Yep, we do... including a thread with a pool inside proving the CH majority.

i never really got that when you were new at something and had crappy or no upgrades you were a noob. But now if you dont run with bad tires that shouldnt even be apart of the game because they serve no use...i dont get this world no more 0.o

im just saying i have 10 reasons that i posted (i only numbered up to 8 but theres more) and yet i only heard 2 reasons to use ch

So following your theory, a rich drifter should use RS tires? Hold on, im just joking...

Im going to bed now, but tomorrow ill read again your 10 reasons, and try to discuss about it, if possible.

So far all i can say is:
Not same tires, no tandems, no fun.

I try to keep this away from a tire rant thread but it happened. I made this thread to see what tires are good to learn drifting on, soft or hard. I got my answer and I told y'all I was using both. I dont really care how many people hate ch or cs or vise versa. I dont even have to worry cuz I'm learning on both.

I try to keep this away from a tire rant thread but it happened. I made this thread to see what tires are good to learn drifting on, soft or hard. I got my answer and I told y'all I was using both. I dont really care how many people hate ch or cs or vise versa. I dont even have to worry cuz I'm learning on both.

1: There are also numerous learning to drift, what tires to use threads.
2: Why make this thread if your learning on both anyway.
3: when it comes to tires, no point trying to avoid a tire rant thread as it always turns into one as the numerous other threads about tires have.

I just choose to learn on both yesterday. I made the thread when I started to drift and I had no clue but now I do. I think that number

Lazy Liquid
Let me say it again and clear. Get all the drifters in GTP, sums all non CH users... and this final number will still lower than the CH users. Im not even saying what is best for you, because this is not my intention.

Use whatever you want. But if youre using CS, dont even dare to tandem somebody using CH, or you will be considered a noob. Plus, if youre inside a CH restricted room, dont complain or ask to unlock the tire types, or else you can make new enemies (or simply get kicked, like i usualy do in my room).

Maybe you don't know how to handle CS. I can tandem behind CH.

formula d, d1gp, bdc, euro drift champ, are all competitions.

Have you compared standard road car racing with f1?

why do the same for drifting?

it's fun, whatever you do to get the car sliding, so what?

the only problems arise when mixing tyres and cars are drifting at different speeds.

This debate is foolish.

If you want "drift racing" your going for grip

easy tandums? the opposite. tho solidly comes down to preference.

Job done.

i've noticed that there are slower drifters and there are faster drifters online (CH restriction). Once you can adjust to both, your good to go!

That being said, if you drift CH tyres, you get better with all tyres, CS included. learning maybe easier with CS tyres though as they are not as slippery as CH tyres.

Last edited:
Back