Soft or Hard

• Thread starter domino5343
  • 256 comments
United States
Michigan
domino5343
I just started drifting and I have been reading around the forum. Some people say Comfort Soft and some say Comfort Hard. Like i said before, im new to drifting in this game and I need to know, which is good for a beginner? Im on hard right now but still love to know.

Comfort hard is much better for a beginner. There is less snap back and the tires break loose easily and gradually.

Comfort hard is the best period :/ It gives you the most car control. Alot of people seem to think the only thing there is to drifting is speed, but that would be Touge racing. Speed is important, but not as much as control, angle, or how close you are if you're in a tandem.

Why are we still talking about this. Please search old threads and keep it in them

Comfort Soft is most realistic, I play with the wheel and I still get angle

Far from realistic, the front tires hook WAY too fast/much. Comfort hards are a little too slippery but they're best for tandem.

I play with a wheel as well and comfort hards give you much more control

Comfort Soft is most realistic, I play with the wheel and I still get angle

Far from realistic, the front tires hook WAY too fast/much. Comfort hards are a little too slippery but they're best for tandem.

I play with a wheel as well and comfort hards give you much more control

You're both right, however, if you are going for realism then its mediums... that is the most realistic drift tire... end of discussion... Mod please lock this thread

xDriftzzinc
You're both right, however, if you are going for realism then its mediums... that is the most realistic drift tire... end of discussion... Mod please lock this thread

Don't get so hostile the mods will lock it if they see a need to.

All comfort tyres give good slip and grip. I still prefer hard comfort though. Only for the fact they hale less grip than the others = more slip n' slide

comfort softs are probably the closest to a mid range real tyre.

Comfort hards do not give you more control, the opposite infact.

Better tyres = a faster slide but the balance is just the same,

A fast car with good tyres will be similar to a slow car with **** tyres in almost every way except speed.

Real life competition drifting requires a LOT of grip to allow the speed (you'd be left for dead in a tandum on shat tyres)

However a budget drifter may go out of their way to lower grip in order to slide a slower vehicle.

Horses for courses there's no "drift tyre" comfort hards are easy and last for ages, I'm sure last time I tried mediums they didn't last half as long.

comfort softs are probably the closest to a mid range real tyre.

Comfort hards do not give you more control, the opposite infact.

Better tyres = a faster slide but the balance is just the same,

A fast car with good tyres will be similar to a slow car with **** tyres in almost every way except speed.

Real life competition drifting requires a LOT of grip to allow the speed (you'd be left for dead in a tandum on shat tyres)

However a budget drifter may go out of their way to lower grip in order to slide a slower vehicle.

Horses for courses there's no "drift tyre" comfort hards are easy and last for ages, I'm sure last time I tried mediums they didn't last half as long.
Are you kidding me? You get much more angle and more control on the front tires with hards. With Softs you just snap back. It's so much better to adjust the steering with comfort hards. Unless you're using a controller I guess...

Frozzy
Are you kidding me? You get much more angle and more control on the front tires with hards. With Softs you just snap back. It's so much better to adjust the steering with comfort hards. Unless you're using a controller I guess...

snap back = lack of skill

less grip = less control

covering up mistakes is exactly what it does

good day sir.

mcgloney
CH covers up your mistakes? What?
First time i heard someone say that..

It does. I use ch and they are much much more forgiving than cs tires. With cs you really have to be on your toes or the car will snap back o you. With ch you can make a steering or throttle mistake and you might lose a little angle but you have much more time to correct that mistake.

I never really felt this snapback, probably because I play with a wheel. Or maybe some people do not know how to tune your car different to match the tires. With the CS you have to work for it, its not as easy as just turn the wheel a little tap the gas once or twice and your drifting. And yes with the hards it will cover up little mistakes, because you can correct it while your still sliding and keep sliding like its ice. That's not realistic. Its simple, the hards just let you slide easy.

Last edited:
DogFightKingz
I never really felt this snapback, probably because I play with a wheel. Or maybe some people do not know how to tune your car different to match the tires. With the CS you have to work for it, its not as easy as just turn the wheel a little tap the gas once or twice and your drifting. And yes with the hards it will cover up little mistakes, because you can correct it while your still sliding and keep sliding like its ice. You don't have to work it as much. That's not realistic. Its simple.

There is SnapBack with cs tires, and I do know how to tune. No one says ch tires are most realistic but it's what most people use online so thats what I tune most of my cars for. snap back is only prominent in higher speed drifts with cs tires and a good tune can suppress it it never goes away completely. With ch tires there are no worries about it at all. I tend to use my s13 with about 350 hp so ch are good for it as cs tires have too much grip to maintain 80-90 mph drifts around sweepers

Again it comes down to personal preference. I just hate it when people say to use this tire to need skill to drift. It's so silly. Like people are just trying to be better than everyone else. Also everyone makes mistakes what ever tire you use.

mcgloney
Again it comes down to personal preference. I just hate it when people say to use this tire to need skill to drift. It's so silly. Like people are just trying to be better than everyone else. Also everyone makes mistakes what ever tire you use.

Agreed, you will find drifters with skill on any comfort tire

DogFightKingz
The snapback must be a controller thing ? I never really feel it. Maybe im just used to it.
It might be. I only have an issue with certain cars, ones that probably never were meant to drift.
mcgloney

All drifting is is personal preference. Just look at the variety of cars. Some people may think some are harder to drift but that's just an opinion. People need to stop thinking there is a right and wrong way to drift and just go out there and drift.

All drifting is is personal preference. Just look at the variety of cars. Some people may think some are harder to drift but that's just an opinion. People need to stop thinking there is a right and wrong way to drift and just go out there and drift.

Exactly.

man at first I thought this thread was about mexican food . . .

and btw there IS a wrong way how to drift . . . observe :

Honda_Civic_drift_edition.jpg

thx yall. So like i said, im a beginner and Forza 3 never had this much impact when choosing a wheel to drift with. I just wanted to know whats good wheels to learn with. I do believe its personal prefaces. I just want to learn how to drift and what ever help me the most to get the basic control or steering and throttle down, im all good.

I like comfort hards but i try to run what others are running in the room. if most are on hrds i run hrds if there on sfts i run sfts. if its a even mix i run hrds because i like them more.

Back