Software Update v1.01 pops out... **UPDATE**

Only another 13 hours to wait for those of us in New Brunswick Canada, until then I shall enjoy all the info everyone else has to share here.
Awesom job guys.

Anyone else miffed that they spent 15 minutes perusing this thread to see what changes/updates occured, and 90% of the content here is "This is what I'd like the next update to contain"?

(Yes, I'm well aware my comment is less than relevant to the topic.)

well i can honestly say i AM JEALOUS. i have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up. I think im going to drive to a couple game stops and see if they have a midnight release. GODSPEED people

If you live in the southeast region...don't waste your time. At least in Miami. I called about 53 Gamestops today and none are doing midnights.

Anyone else miffed that they spent 15 minutes perusing this thread to see what changes/updates occured, and 90% of the content here is "This is what I'd like the next update to contain"?

(Yes, I'm well aware my comment is less than relevant to the topic.)

It doesn't really appear as if it changed much. It added online support, a new option to change wet parts of the track and kerbs from "low" to "real", which I'm presuming just makes them more slippery.

There has been some suggestions that it fixed a bug which caused the AI to slow down and drag you into the back of them if you got stuck behind them, making it difficult to pass them.

Other than that?... I'm not so sure.

It doesn't really appear as if it changed much. It added online support, a new option to change wet parts of the track and kerbs from "low" to "real", which I'm presuming just makes them more slippery.

There has been some suggestions that it fixed a bug which caused the AI to slow down and drag you into the back of them if you got stuck behind them, making it difficult to pass them.

Other than that?... I'm not so sure.
I really wish they'd have (an additional) one setting to rule them all called "REAL". Then you could do online races on "real" and look at all the leaderboards for "real" and not be concerned with the 20 different settings available.

I live in rural Australia, and the best satellite internet deal I can manage gets only 0.08Mb/s speed (yeah, really), as recorded from speedtest.net. Until that improves I don't intend to play online, or wait nearly four hours to download 133mb. Assuming of course that I stay connected, which I wouldn't.
Would it matter therefore if I disconnected from the internet to avoid installing this? That is, would I be missing out on anything in the GT Life modes? Alternately, is there likely to be somewhere I can download the update from the web? At least then I can use a download manager.

I have to admit, that sucks, a lot. May be faster to just drive to the nearest town and use an internet cafe/someones house that is near an exchange. Australias internet is rubbish, unless you live next door to an exchange.

I have to admit, that sucks, a lot. May be faster to just drive to the nearest town and use an internet cafe/someones house that is near an exchange. Australias internet is rubbish, unless you live next door to an exchange.

Like me, I'm connected at about 1.8mb/s

hi....i've play online few minutes before....
I find the online mode nice but for me they miss some important things !!!

1°) impossible to make tournement (select 2 or more races), we must run race by race.

2°) Most important for me : Why PD don't let enough time to finish a race ? If you are 15 sec. more the 1st place, YOU CAN'T FINISH YOUR LAP !!! I think it's so stupid and so bad for online gaming with friends.

3°) It's impossible in your lobby to play with your friends only !!! You make your private room, but anybody can go in !!!

4°) It"s impossible to make a race with some or some car parameters like power, models, country !!!!

So, i hope they do a patch for online communauty.

See you online guys

That's done to combat the kamikaze drivers...

That's done to combat the kamikaze drivers...

It also completely rules out multi class racing, like le mans. Infact any race which is more than a few laps is likely to have people more than 15 seconds behind. It's awful, awful.

I find the online to be so buggy, I can hardly ever actually get into a race. Today it wouldn't even let me leave a server, I had to exit the game entirely. When you do get into a race it feels so arcadey its unbelievable, with people cutting corners and crashing. The private servers don't appear to be private. The list goes on...

I'm sick of seeing people in the Zonda crashing into everyone too.

Do you really think some people are going to change the way they drive from GT5P to GT5. We're still going to see punters and such in the game. Sorry to say this though only 99.9% of use will not have to change we drive.

Do you really think some people are going to change the way they drive from GT5P to GT5. We're still going to see punters and such in the game. Sorry to say this though only 99.9% of use will not have to change we drive.

Private lobbies FTW, I'm afraid. Until we can make complaints about certain drivers, and PD implements a ban hammer on PS3 mac addresses, it's something we're going to have to put up with. I will say that those idiots who crash into others generally tend to have no idea how to drive a car with aids, so try and stay in the 'Professional' lobbies.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could actually make a private server... or am I missing something? 💡

Once I installed this update it deleted all of the cars in arcade mode apart from those that I had saved as favourites in GT mode, this included single and multiplayer.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have currently deleted the update so I can play but cant go online?

Has anyone else noticed the glitch of getting prize money for 1st second and 3rd when winning races in the beginner series on GT mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I installed this update it deleted all of the cars in arcade mode apart from those that I had saved as favourites in GT mode, this included single and multiplayer.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have currently deleted the update so I can play but cant go online?

Has anyone else noticed the glitch of getting prize money for 1st second and 3rd when winning races in the beginner series on GT mode?

I got prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd when I did the special events, but I haven't noticed that happening in beginner series. I'm not sure if its a bug; I presume its supposed to happen.

As the host, you should be able to kick people out of the room.

As host you cant even control when the race starts! Not in the Open Lobby anyway. You create a server, you want to do free run, and then people keep voting to start the race. It's driving me insane :dunce:

I have made a server in the "private lobby" now, how do I invite people?
My PSN: andeekaii

I'd appreciate it if someone could try and join me, I have no options to invite people. You might have to add me as a friend first.

You may be running into a known over write problem. If you got the game before the 1.01 updated was released and installed it on your PS3 then you'll some of you will run into this. The update will over write some areas of the software. You will have to reinstall everything to over come this. Don't bother to save your current data to a thumb drive. If you try to save it to the new install you'll just run into the problem again. You will have to start all over.

Hey guys...just one question...do you have to be signed in to PlayStation Network in order to be able to download the update, or do you just simply need to be connected to the Internet?

The new system works that way. It's the same with the XP Points for Licences. You get all the ones, you passed. Bronz just Bronze, Silver B+S and Gold G+S+B. If you happened to do win first bronze, then silver on a Test, you get the silver XP the 2rd time without the bronze from the 1st.

I think it's built with the "multiple tries approach" in mind.

Greetings
michael

Hey guys...just one question...do you have to be signed in to PlayStation Network in order to be able to download the update, or do you just simply need to be connected to the Internet?

I do not know...I would log in to PSN just in case...

I was signed into PSN and had no issues with grabbing the update download (except for the long download time due to busy servers).

Thanks for the reply!

Well...I do not have a PSN ID, so that's why I asked. I'm 16, and for a PSN account you need to be at least...18, if I didn't remember wrong, or else you'll need some sort of parental control/you need a parent to have an account, right? Or well...that's the kind of message back then when I tried to register for PSN, didn't recall 100%.

Well...I can make an account, with 'fake' age but I just don't feel like...I wanna do that.

I know, it sounds silly and stupid, eh? Maybe you guys can help me decide whether I should make an account with 'fake' age, in case the future updates are very much needed and they need the player to be connected to PSN. I know there are members whose ages are 16 or lower.

I do not have the game yet, for the moment. I'll probably get it weeks later.

Back