Software Update v1.01 pops out... **UPDATE**

Thanks for the reply!

Well...I do not have a PSN ID, so that's why I asked. I'm 16, and for a PSN account you need to be at least...18, if I didn't remember wrong, or else you'll need some sort of parental control/you need a parent to have an account, right? Or well...that's the kind of message back then when I tried to register for PSN, didn't recall 100%.

Well...I can make an account, with 'fake' age but I just don't feel like...I wanna do that.

I know, it sounds silly and stupid, eh? Maybe you guys can help me decide whether I should make an account with 'fake' age, in case the future updates are very much needed and they need the player to be connected to PSN. I know there are members whose ages are 16 or lower.

I do not have the game yet, for the moment. I'll probably get it weeks later.

I would just fake my age if I were you, theres no harm in doing that and you can get the updates with no issues.

ahhh....yeah, that could be an issue.

What about creating a new user with an age of 18+ years for the update (and any future updates until you hit 18yo)?

I guess you can always try to update youru GT5 without signing in and seeing if it works?
fwiw...for the update there was a message on the bottom of the screen saying something like..."download not available for external update" I assumed this means one cannot update GT5 using an external media source as we can do with the PS3 system updates?

I would just fake my age if I were you, theres no harm in doing that and you can get the updates with no issues.
ahhh....yeah, that could be an issue.

What about creating a new user with an age of 18+ years for the update (and any future updates until you hit 18yo)?

I guess you can always try to update youru GT5 without signing in and seeing if it works?
fwiw...for the update there was a message on the bottom of the screen saying something like..."download not available for external update" I assumed this means one cannot update GT5 using an external media source as we can do with the PS3 system updates?

Thanks for the advice and info, guys. Yeah, I suppose if I find out that I need to be connected to PSN for the update to be applied...I'll just make a PSN ID with fake age.

And...

So...I suppose you mean that I can change my age for my account later? Say...I make an account with age 18, and two years later my account's info will display that I'm 20 - during that time, I can revert my age in the account back to 18/change my birthdate?

Back