Software Update v1.01 pops out... **UPDATE**

The game is available at my local bestbuy but my Amazon order just shipped, damn! 24 more hours but i do get the the SLS day 1!

You can return the Amazon order. I did that with F1 2010, but they did miss the launch date for delivery so i didn't feel bad.

Maybe the leader board will be like GT5P and be displayed at TT screen?
I certianly hope there is much more to it than that. The timetrail leaderbiard is cool but it would be very disappointing if we could not use modified and tuned cars from our garage to get on the leaderboards. Some of us are better tuners than drivers and with the right setup we can sometimes edge out better drivers for that spot on the board.

It would also be disappointing if when/if we set our fastest lap within a online or career mode race that it did not get posted to a leaderboard. Hot lapping is cool but it is best when you are out on the track with friends competing at the same time.

2nd Time my PS3 totaly freeze on Online mode, nice lol

I sent a report to sony about it.

So...lemme get this straight, you sent a report to Sony about a games online mode not working properly, when the game is not even supposed to be out yet. lol. Dude...try again in about 15 hours.

1) Is it possible to make online tournaments ? Like you set up 5 races and players compete in those races and at end winner is the one with most points.
2) Can we adjust strength of damage for each race ? If not, is damage set on maximum ?
3) How game punishes players that are not driving fair ?
4) Is it possible to set condition that only some class of players can enter the race ( for example only players with levels 20 or more ) ?

There seem to be a lot of glitches online, but I see PD releasing some patch in a week or two to fix these up. But I prefer them fixing the other glitches first, like the Go-Kart moving backwards at the same rate as it goes forwards, and the shadows/reflection glitches.

So...lemme get this straight, you sent a report to Sony about a games online mode not working properly, when the game is not even supposed to be out yet. lol. Dude...try again in about 15 hours.
They patched the game you know to activate online and fix some problems in the online mode. What do you think this thread is about genius. There are many early glitches, don't be a fanboy please.

I certianly hope there is much more to it than that. The timetrail leaderbiard is cool but it would be very disappointing if we could not use modified and tuned cars from our garage to get on the leaderboards. Some of us are better tuners than drivers and with the right setup we can sometimes edge out better drivers for that spot on the board.

It would also be disappointing if when/if we set our fastest lap within a online or career mode race that it did not get posted to a leaderboard. Hot lapping is cool but it is best when you are out on the track with friends competing at the same time.

There will be usual PD created Tuned PP capped leaderboards just like in Prologue, but these are considered online special events

Is anyone else having a problem with the lobby? Mine keeps locking out before it loads the list of servers :/

No ones having a problem...because the majority of people don't have the game yet!

It's funny how people complain about certain online functions not working right when the game isn't even officially out yet! lol.

Hey, I wasn't complaining... I was simply asking if anyone else was having a problem. Jeez.
And technically it is "out" in 1 hour and 15 minutes - so the lobby locking out is a bit of a worrying sign.

Just because the game isn't out and people "shouldn't" have it, doesn't mean they don't.
There were loads of French people online earlier.

hi....i've play online few minutes before....
I find the online mode nice but for me they miss some important things !!!

1°) impossible to make tournement (select 2 or more races), we must run race by race.

2°) Most important for me : Why PD don't let enough time to finish a race ? If you are 15 sec. more the 1st place, YOU CAN'T FINISH YOUR LAP !!! I think it's so stupid and so bad for online gaming with friends.

3°) It's impossible in your lobby to play with your friends only !!! You make your private room, but anybody can go in !!!

4°) It"s impossible to make a race with some or some car parameters like power, models, country !!!!

So, i hope they do a patch for online communauty.

See you online guys

Did anyone else notice a change in the AI ?

Before the patch, if you happened to hit an AI car from behind, it would let go entirely of the accelerator, slowing to a crawl for a few seconds (nice trick for the rabbit guy). Once the patch was applied, It didn't react like that any more ; it just corrects the trajectory and keeps racing.

Anyone ?

Well, I didn't have the game before the patch but I noticed that happening a LOT in youtube videos. And when I got the game myself I must admit that I was thinking "Hey wait a minute, the AI isn't sucking me in like the videos". So yes, it does look like they fixed that in the patch blaktek.

2°) Most important for me : Why PD don't let enough time to finish a race ? If you are 15 sec. more the 1st place, YOU CAN'T FINISH YOUR LAP !!! I think it's so stupid and so bad for online gaming with friends.

3°) It's impossible in your lobby to play with your friends only !!! You make your private room, but anybody can go in !!!

Hmmm. Yeah, I find these two in particular a bit disturbing. Can you imagine you're having an online endurance race for 2 or 3 hours and have been having an epic battle for 3rd or 4th place and then this? :crazy: Hopefully they change that.

And the private lobbies...well...:lol: Yeah. Obviously it has to be addressed.

Isn't the point of leaderboards to have equal equipment?

There seem to be a lot of glitches online, but I see PD releasing some patch in a week or two to fix these up. But I prefer them fixing the other glitches first, like the Go-Kart moving backwards at the same rate as it goes forwards, and the shadows/reflection glitches.

They patched the game you know to activate online and fix some problems in the online mode. What do you think this thread is about genius. There are many early glitches, don't be a fanboy please.

Not being a Fanboy buddy.

Just a question...so the patch they released...I am aware of it and know that it activated Online Functions, but just how exactly do you claim that it was also to "fix some problems in the online mode"?

You have no proof whatsoever that it "fixed online problems"...you only have proof that it activated online. :)

They WILL release another patch before midnight that addresses the online glitches, freezing and other problems....and if they don't I will come back here and personally apologize to you.

I live in rural Australia, and the best satellite internet deal I can manage gets only 0.08Mb/s speed (yeah, really), as recorded from speedtest.net. Until that improves I don't intend to play online, or wait nearly four hours to download 133mb. Assuming of course that I stay connected, which I wouldn't.
Would it matter therefore if I disconnected from the internet to avoid installing this? That is, would I be missing out on anything in the GT Life modes? Alternately, is there likely to be somewhere I can download the update from the web? At least then I can use a download manager.

well i can honestly say i AM JEALOUS. i have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up. I think im going to drive to a couple game stops and see if they have a midnight release. GODSPEED people

Not being a Fanboy buddy.

Just a question...so the patch they released...I am aware of it and know that it activated Online Functions, but just how exactly do you claim that it was also to "fix some problems in the online mode"?

You have no proof whatsoever that it "fixed online problems"...you only have proof that it activated online. :)

They WILL release another patch before midnight that addresses the online glitches, freezing and other problems....and if they don't I will come back here and personally apologize to you.
Reviewers have unlocked copies prior to this "update" for the masses.

Isn't the point of leaderboards to have equal equipment?
No, that is the point of the time trails and those boards should remain as is. The point of leaderboards in general is who is the best and since the game allows upgrades and tuning this is a big part of it. Most of us want to run cars that have been modified and tuned and set times with them as well. It becomes a contest then of not only who is fastest behind the wheel but how fast can you build the car to go. Everyone has access to the same parts and the same tuning functions so it is totally fair and needs to be there.

I don't know about everyone else but if I could only post times in a stock tuned car I would not be very interested in it. I love to tweak the numbers and try to squeeze an extra little bit out of a car I also like to run the cars in my garage rather than just the plain jane version.

Am i the only one having this problem in Gran Turismo 5? It seems like a few others on some other sites do too.

I got the game, put it in, it patched and installed. i played for a few hours. When i decided to play again, i started the game, and then i got a load error 80010514 which is weird, cuz its like something the disc is dirty etc, and i cleaned even though it was.

I tried again and same error, and i was googling the error and saw some hardware issues etc around it. Then i read that its a common error.
I tried all my other games and some movies and they ALL worked, no error what so ever.

So why is this game all of a sudden doing this? Most be related to the disc or patches or something.

Am i the only one having this problem in Gran Turismo 5? It seems like a few others on some other sites do too.

I got the game, put it in, it patched and installed. i played for a few hours. When i decided to play again, i started the game, and then i got a load error 80010514 which is weird, cuz its like something the disc is dirty etc, and i cleaned even though it was.

I tried again and same error, and i was googling the error and saw some hardware issues etc around it. Then i read that its a common error.
I tried all my other games and some movies and they ALL worked, no error what so ever.

So why is this game all of a sudden doing this? Most be related to the disc or patches or something.

Welcome to the 'Planet, Lecavalier!

As you hinted in your post, there have been other people with similar issues. As such, I've merged your opening post/starter thread into this one here. As a future note, avoid posting GT5-related threads outside of the GT5 board just to circumvent the 100-post rule :)

Hopefully these issues are sorted soon, it seems more and more people are getting them.

BTW I got a friend over Madrid and is telling me that they are selling GT5 at this time,he went online,and it seems like there are just Spanish,Czechs and several Koreans are poping up,he will keep me updated about this.

No, that is the point of the time trails and those boards should remain as is. The point of leaderboards in general is who is the best and since the game allows upgrades and tuning this is a big part of it. Most of us want to run cars that have been modified and tuned and set times with them as well. It becomes a contest then of not only who is fastest behind the wheel but how fast can you build the car to go. Everyone has access to the same parts and the same tuning functions so it is totally fair and needs to be there.

I don't know about everyone else but if I could only post times in a stock tuned car I would not be very interested in it. I love to tweak the numbers and try to squeeze an extra little bit out of a car I also like to run the cars in my garage rather than just the plain jane version.
Here is my list of leaderboards I would like to see.

1. Leaderboards for the single player side of GT5 i.e A Spec, Licences, Special events.

2. Time trial leaderboards for each car although only stock.

3. Leaderboards for Tuned cars because then its about how good a tuner you are aswell as your hotlapping skills.

4. All laptimes during online races should be recorded on the leaderboards.

I shall use my experiences on Forza why I would want the above. Take for example Endurance races on FM2. Myself and my friends were seperated by less than a sec and yet the race was 40mins long. I loved the challenge of being consistently fast every lap.

As for laptimes being recorded when your racing online. This is great fun and again I shall use my experiences on FM3. We used to create a room but the winner was based on who had the fastest lap rather than who won the race. This was brilliant fun and because it was so competitive it was more like a F1 qualifying session.

I really hope at least some of the above are in the pipeline. If they aren't then PD really are out of touch with video gaming in 2010.

There are many early glitches, don't be a fanboy please.

Don't throw this term around please.

If you disagree with someone then argue the point they are making, don't attack the member themselves as that right in AUP violation territory. And unless you wish to take a 'holiday' from GT Planet for a few days its not a smart move.

Scaff

Back