Some new cars in following updates

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 263 comments
For a second I thought about complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining, but I guess it’s already gone too far :P

giphy-6-1.gif

Lol at people complaining there isn't enough cars or content being delivered by FREE DLC.

If you aren't happy go buy Forza and a season pass
If I wanted to play Forza, I'd play Forza. Hell, I if I LIKED Forza I'd play Forza. But I do not. I want to play GT Sport. All people are suggesting is that with *this* esport title especially (where games are live-streamed to millions of people), PD should seriously start considering updating it's manufacturers model base. That's all.

And they made a statement it's not free. GT planet has an article on here somewhere. It's at no further charge.. for now.

so what day is the Dallara special formula open wheeler update scheduled for?

March 28th according to that official Super Formula page.

For a second I thought about complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining, but I guess it’s already gone too far :P

That entire thing is a Burrito already 8 layers deep in insanity.

Round 4 in FIA Nations is on Autopolis apparently, and this makes me think, If we are gonna get a new track with this update, it will probably be the "world - original - world - original" pattern, probably another original returning. We've got SSRX so far, what original could I think of that could possibly return? Maybe, GT Arena??

Round 4 in FIA Nations is on Autopolis apparently, and this makes me think, If we are gonna get a new track with this update, it will probably be the "world - original - world - original" pattern, probably another original returning. We've got SSRX so far, what original could I think of that could possibly return? Maybe, GT Arena??
Hang on - based on this logic, we could see Apricot Hill and Midfield return because they were REBUILT in GT6.

There was a similar pattern back in December 2017 to August 2018 but eventually that was broken with three World Circuits in a row (Red Bull Ring, Fuji Speedway, Catalunya).

I think at that point PD is just trying to have releases (dates, content, tracks...) As randomized as possible, just to make us look like fools :3

Why every time the DLC is FREE, do you say that it is mandatory to be satisfied? It does not work this way, if we are always satisfied with this recycled content we will see the new cars of 2019 in Gran Turismo 9 in 2037.

Are the completely remodeled and retexturized cars recycled? Is the new Supra recycled? Is Autopolis recycled? Are the Super formula cars recycled?

Some people deserve games with 50$/€ season pass

Last edited:

Why would there be a nations cup in GT Arena? Just saying.

Just a few more days until March 28th, and I'm curious to see if there will be a new track. I presume that it will, since we got a TBA event scheduled for April 3rd. Another interesting question, will we get these 3 classic european cars along with the SF19 machines and possibly the new track? If they come all together it will definitely be a top-notch update, can't wait for it!

Are the completely remodeled and retexturized cars recycled? Is the new Supra recycled? Is Autopolis recycled? Are the Super formula cars recycled?
When in my comment I complained about the Tracks? My criticisms are directed at the car and most of them are recycled, it doesn't seem difficult to read... List now the new cars we have received and those that have returned from Gran Turismo 6.
Some people deserve games with 50$/€ season pass
Is this an attitude that must be discriminatory? I would be willing to pay for new content, what's your problem? :lol:

When in my comment I complained about the Tracks? My criticisms are directed at the car and most of them are recycled, it doesn't seem difficult to read... List now the new cars we have received and those that have returned from Gran Turismo 6.

The cars from GT6 are not recycled.... are remodeled, retexturized and with new audio.... a "recycled car" is a simple copy-paste from GT6

All of the concepts and VG-T cars are copy - paste i think

Toyota Ft-1 is literally a copy-paste from Gt6.

Ok yes, the most basic form of the car, the polygonal mesh is carried over directly from GT6. But as @emula pointed out, extensive work is done to the car, adaptive tesselation, added polygons, hi res textures, so on and so forth. It’s ridiculous to complain about this considering it would be nonsensical to model these cars from the ground-up all over again. It’s not like PD just ripped the raw data from GT6 and slapped it into GTS (like they did with standard cars on GT5)

Again, it’s really a baseless position to take. Considering how long it takes to create a new car from nothing, it truly is choosing between a returning GT6 car, or not having it at all.

Toyota Ft-1 is literally a copy-paste from Gt6.
I concur. If PD would eventually just convert them into premium ones once so that they can put them in the new game, then they should have done this one a long time ago.

New mesh or not, adding cars to the game is more complicated than a copy/paste job. There is definitely some variance in the quality of GT5/6’s premium cars so I’m not surprised that some of them would use some recycled assets whilst others are entirely new.

I have said this before... PD have all this content already produced and they have a plan to drip feed this stuff month by month until they give up.

Everyone acknowledges that a new car takes months of manpower to make... and moreso for every track so if each update means months of teamwork then it stands to reason that they have the vast majority of content already finished.

They could drop half a dozen tracks and 25 cars like tomorrow but why would they?

Its just business.

They probably have Spa already done. They just need to flip a switch like Larry Hyrb would say.

The cars from GT6 are not recycled.... are remodeled, retexturized and with new audio.... a "recycled car" is a simple copy-paste from GT6
The definition of Recycle, from the Dictionary.
  • Resurface, use again and appear under new guises.

Latest Posts

Back