Some new cars in following updates

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 263 comments
And if I follow yours, should I be satisfied with these cars that come back from Gran Turismo 6 because they are FREE?

That wasn’t my assertion. I never said a word about anything being free did I? I simply defended the inclusion of GT6 cars being much more technically involving than people were assuming.

If you don’t appreciate free DLC that’s your prerogative. Just be objective with your gripes.

I simply defended the inclusion of GT6 cars being much more technically involving than people were assuming.
I can agree with you up to a certain point but I wouldn't see anything innovative to reuse the cars that I could easily play on my PS3. And I repeat that I would be willing to pay for a package of completely new cars for the series, this is something that many people cannot understand here.
Were they so bad that you never want to drive them again?
I repeat: I am nothing new for Gran Turismo, I would prefer to receive something else even by paying.

I can agree with you up to a certain point but I wouldn't see anything innovative to reuse the cars that I could easily play on my PS3. And I repeat that I would be willing to pay for a package of completely new cars for the series, this is something that many people cannot understand here.
What's so bad about driving the same cars in a different game? That sounds like an idiotic way of viewing the content in GT Sport. Doing so would be silly as they won't look, feel or sound the same as they did on the PS3. By that logic, you'd only ever drive half the cars present in the game. Some cars cannot be left out simply because they appeared in the previous game.

This argument again.
And if I follow yours, should I be satisfied with these cars that come back from Gran Turismo 6 because they are FREE?
Satisfaction is a relative term. I doubt anyone would care if other person don't like the new car because it has been appeared previously within the franchise.

But you should be grateful instead. The alternative would be either next to nothing like GT5/GT6 days or actually pay for the same "come back" content...

.. like CodeMasters.
In Dirt Rally 2.0, you need to either pay for the DLC or buy the season pass for the Monte Carlo track and Citroen C4, both of which are available in Dirt 3 previously.

But you should be grateful instead. The alternative would be either next to nothing like GT5/GT6 days or actually pay for the same "come back" content...

.. like CodeMasters.
In Dirt Rally 2.0, you need to either pay for the DLC or buy the season pass for the Monte Carlo track and Citroen C4, both of which are available in Dirt 3 previously.

Don't forget Forza. They've been doing this since the first Horizon game and it was glaringly apparent in Motorsport 5 and Horizon 4's Car Pass.

I repeat: I am nothing new for Gran Turismo, I would prefer to receive something else even by paying.

And you are receiving something else. Not all updates are cars from GT6, some are new to the series as well. The reason why so many are is probably because it’s faster to produce these cars than to make new cars from scratch, so more of them get completed between each update.

You know what'd be great? If this game only had real and new (still in production/racing) cars. And, of course, not present in any earlier games. Oh, you like the 919? Well, too bad! You like the Zonda? That ain't happening! I hear you want to make love to the Supra Mk IV... Well, say goodbye to it!

Those of you that complain about Gr.1 would definitely enjoy this. Depending on how they separate the classes the LMP1 category would be pretty darn fantastic. With half the grid Toyotas, and the other half hopelessly behind.

Oh, and forget about the holy Trinity. In fact, forget about practically all of these kinds of cars. Once they're done building them, they're out of production so they're out of the game!

Admitedly that'd give us some amazing cars. Such as the DPis or whatever they're called now. The Mazda is the best looking prototype in a long time. We'd also get the 720S GT3, which is amazing.

But I, for one, really like old cars so I'm OK having cars from GT6. I mean, last update we got the Miata, the Huayra, the F1 race car and the SLR. Some of the best cars in the world, I couldn't care less if I've been driving them for a billion years, or if PD put no effort at all in making them. They're amazing.

And this update is the same story. The Countach? Yes please! The 250 GT? I'll never buy it but it's gorgeous, go right ahead. The Stratos? Oh boy that one's the one. That one's gonna keep me away from AC7... At least for a few minutes. The new X2014 has an NA V12. Come on guys, what the hell is wrong with that?! I don't care that it's essentially a hybrid of the X2014 and the FGT. In fact I tried that with the X2010 5G a couple years ago. I never got it right by the time my DS3 broke.

You know what'd be great? If this game only had real and new (still in production/racing) cars. And, of course, not present in any earlier games. Oh, you like the 919? Well, too bad! You like the Zonda? That ain't happening! I hear you want to make love to the Supra Mk IV... Well, say goodbye to it!

Those of you that complain about Gr.1 would definitely enjoy this. Depending on how they separate the classes the LMP1 category would be pretty darn fantastic. With half the grid Toyotas, and the other half hopelessly behind.

Oh, and forget about the holy Trinity. In fact, forget about practically all of these kinds of cars. Once they're done building them, they're out of production so they're out of the game!

Admitedly that'd give us some amazing cars. Such as the DPis or whatever they're called now. The Mazda is the best looking prototype in a long time. We'd also get the 720S GT3, which is amazing.

But I, for one, really like old cars so I'm OK having cars from GT6. I mean, last update we got the Miata, the Huayra, the F1 race car and the SLR. Some of the best cars in the world, I couldn't care less if I've been driving them for a billion years, or if PD put no effort at all in making them. They're amazing.

And this update is the same story. The Countach? Yes please! The 250 GT? I'll never buy it but it's gorgeous, go right ahead. The Stratos? Oh boy that one's the one. That one's gonna keep me away from AC7... At least for a few minutes. The new X2014 has an NA V12. Come on guys, what the hell is wrong with that?! I don't care that it's essentially a hybrid of the X2014 and the FGT. In fact I tried that with the X2010 5G a couple years ago. I never got it right by the time my DS3 broke.
Timed services arent a good thing in my opinion, you get a lot of wasted assets, take GT3, over half of the roster just facelifted itself so thats a lot of models to replace none of which are in GTS yet sadly, all that time and potential avenue for money for whales buying everything is gone as a result and people will then complain that they cant get their favourite car anymore.

I have seen the iRacing argument as well but I think theirs is an edge case, iracing is based on a dinosaur of an engine which can only handle five different models as once if I remember correctly so there is pressure to kill off old content in their case.

At the end of the day for me as long as content keeps coming I will be happy I will say however that for a game that advertises itself to be part of the FIA for it GT cars to be the main course its pretty bad that they are behind on getting these cars in the game, in my opinion it should not be acceptable that small games with two dozen employees like Assetto Corsa Competizione or Rfactor 2 are getting the cars before GT Sport. I get that they want to have a bit of everything but they are lagging behind a bit too much now.

If they'll ever include Spa, I expect them to replace the Total sign for something like this

14343932342_2f3e43d6dd_b.jpg

Why Kaz is even sharing the silhouettes at this point? Like all the cars weren't shown already :lol:

Wonder if we are getting a new track

I am glad we just don't get the super formulas.
Becouse that would be a pretty empty update.
But with 5 cars here and the 5 we got earlier this month makes up for february. I hope we see a track as well but i am not expecting it. Going to need 10+ mil i guess for all cars. Sits at 5 mil right now so that at least 3 blue moon bay a day in My gt3 rs

Since it is arriving next week does the update count as April update or just March addition? This is also the first time PD did two DLC updates in a single month.

Since it is arriving next week does the update count as April update or just March addition? This is also the first time PD did two DLC updates in a single month.

They had 2 small content updates in April 2018, with the Audi VGT Update and the Supra Concept + DT Gardens update

Someone in the other thread posted that PD confirmed the X2014 Competition model will come next month, so there is that at least.

Back