Some new cars in following updates

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 263 comments
Do you have any proof? how can we trust?... :odd:
I think this is a proof.

D1tb-KuWsAA5deI.jpg:large

I must be the only guy who likes wingless Countach more than the winged version :lol:

The early cars look fine without the wing. But they didn't have the wider arches or the same bumpers. Later cars with all that extra stuff, the wing completed the look imo.

If you had watched this week's Grand Tour then you would have found out that the wing was not factory fitted as the car had not been homologted with the wing. The car had to be rolled out into the car park of the factory and fitted there if a customer wanted it. It also did not do anything (as in no downforcce effect) as Lamborghini did not have any wind tunnel testing facilities. The best they could do was to stick bits of wool to the car and drive it fast down a nearby motorway.

CJ

I haven't seen this weeks no. A couple of weeks behind unfortunately. Hence the presumptions or from memory, which most of the time are wrong lol. Countach's I never really had much interest in anyway. Probably one of the only people (in this thread at least) who didn't have one on the wall. All I knew was that the earliest cars didn't have the wing and that some later cars had a wing, some didn't. I kinda had a feeling they were pretty useless though.

The LP5000 was the one that was on most posters, and it had the wing.

Apart from these 3.

1982 Lamborghini Countach 2.JPG 1988 Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV 1.JPG .1987 Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV 1.jpg

I believe so. I've only seen around 4 or 5 25th Anniversaries and only one had a wing.

edit: actually looking through my pics. 2 have had wings.

The wings on these were so wide that when the Countach was delivered they were shipped with the wings off, to be assembled on delivery. We techs do the same thing today, only NOW parts are delivered separately and packaged pretty good in boxes. If they fit in the car their still boxed and wrapped, but in the car when it arrives vs. air freighted.

In those days there were cases of wings being delivered broken because they were in the same truck.. Lambo charged stupid money for a replacement if the customer wanted it and as a result there are few surviving Countache's with the wing assembled and undamaged.

Edit: it wasn't an option on the anniversary edition. They ALL came with rear wings.

Last edited:
Somewhat incospicuous, didn't even notice at first. Quality edit :lol:👍

Hehe, thanks mate.Was going to make it a bit bigger but it looked rubbish.

I'm a tad disappointed none of our resident Trekkie fans didn't recognize the font. :lol:

I phoned the Lambo HQ.. anyone speak Italian? My Spanish is asi-asi.. but it doesn't transfer well here lol. In all seriousness a phone call would resolve this. If you speak Italiano'.
Anyway I think you may be correct. "Maybe" it was NA thing but I'm starting to think it was optional.

Some exciting new cars in the update. More classics are always good.
-The Ferrari costs an arm and a leg as expected, but it's the only car left from GT6 that costs 5 million plus (discounting the standard Ford GT40 Race Car). So unless PD premiumizes the GT40 or brings more Concours d'Elegance cars in the future, all future update cars shouldn't be that painful to grind.
-The Countach I agree looks better with rear wing on. I don't care if it's purely cosmetic or even causes lift at high speeds. It just looks wrong without one. If you want a clean look, the LP400 fits that bill better anyway. The 25th Anniv should look as crazy as possible.
-The Stratos will be an interesting car to see if MR physics have truly improved from previous games. I suspect not but we shall see...

The new X2014 is an interesting one. At first I thought it's gonna be similar to the Red Bull 5G used in an old GT5 competition.

It was available in Japan only and only has 385 HP, and had the fan disabled. It would slot in nicely between the RB Junior and upcoming Super Formula, hence the open wheel ladder in GTS will be complete (karts > RB Jr > new X2014 > SF > RB Standard > W08).

But I saw this video on the GT channel, and from Lucas' comments it seems it's just the X2014 with a different engine and less aero (though the body seems largely the same). If they are going to copy an early 90s F1 car, then why not bring back the Formula GT and premiumize it? Or bring back the look alike F1 cars from GT3 and give a generic name like the F1500T-A? It would look a lot better and more period correct than just another variation of the X series cars. Heck, if they insist on naming it as an X series, why stuck with 2014? If it's a new car, then name it X2019. I'm sorry, this just feels like classic PD duping to inflate the car count again.

I phoned the Lambo HQ.. anyone speak Italian? My Spanish is asi-asi.. but it doesn't transfer well here lol. In all seriousness a phone call would resolve this. If you speak Italiano'.
Anyway I think you may be correct. "Maybe" it was NA thing but I'm starting to think it was optional.
I speak italian

If you find pictures of the car without rear spoiler means that this part wasn't installed in the factory/production line.
In that years (80s, 90s) every added part was very , to commoners standard, expensive.

IR

From the italian Lamborghini Countach wikipedia page:

"The big rear wing, although chosen by most of the customers of the Countach, has always remained an option as, according to Lamborghini, it was not really useful for aerodynamic purposes."

I have none of the very expensive classic cars because i cannot pay Them,

Even if i saved up, since release i earnt about 50milion in credits so i can never play with Them. Dont like that at all.

Ow and with the daily reward i never get something expensive......

I know the secretary for Lambo Club UK, so i've sent him a message. He knows the guy who owns the silver 25th. I also see that 25th alot because the club secretary guy lives the other side of town and hold car shows at his hotel. So there is a possibility I could catch the owner. I don't expect to see it until June/July though. And later in the year (september) he is having Valentino Balboni visit. He's also had Fabio Lamborghini visit a couple of times over the past 4 years. I've seen him, but i'm not usually the kinda guy to bother people. But If I'd known about this debate then I could've asked him. That's him (blue suit) looking into the engine bay of this Iso Grifo. So I have a couple of ways to try and found out. Just some may take longer than others.

1968 Iso Grifo 2.JPG

Last edited:
From the italian Lamborghini Countach wikipedia page:
E
"The big rear wing, although chosen by most of the customers of the Countach, has always remained an option as, according to Lamborghini, it was not really useful for aerodynamic purposes."

I remember an article in an Austrian magazine at the time where (F1 driver) Gerhard Berger was arguing that he ordered his Countach with the wing, “because the back gets a little light at about 270km/h otherwise”.

Then again, Berger was joking half of the time, so who knows what’s really true.:lol:

I know the secretary for Lambo Club UK, so i've sent him a message. He knows the guy who owns the silver 25th. I also see that 25th alot because the club secretary guy lives the other side of town and hold car shows at his hotel. So there is a possibility I could catch the owner. I don't expect to see it until June/July though. And later in the year (september) he is having Valentino Balboni visit. He's also had Fabio Lamborghini visit a couple of times over the past 4 years. I've seen him, but i'm not usually the kinda guy to bother people. But If I'd known about this debate then I could've asked him. That's him (blue suit) looking into the engine bay of this Iso Grifo. So I have a couple of ways to try and found out. Just some may take longer than others.

View attachment 808028
Dave?

No. I know Ciro.

This was the reply I received - 'From Fabio and to be honest this is what I'd heard - From what I know it could not be officially assembled in the factory because it was not approved but sometimes they were mounted in the factory but normally at the dealers.'

Well I tried and I got a part answer. The option part is where it's still blurry. I don't want to keep bugging them about it. But at least we have an answer about fitment. And if your wondering who Fabio is. He is Ferruccio's nephew and is the Museo Ferruccio Lamborghini director.

If you think about it, 9 cars in 2 months (February + March) is still quite light on content. We got more than that in one month before, so I'm wondering if there will be a couple more cars in this update other than the four we've seen? (I'm counting the SF19 as one car)

Unless someone who was at the Paris event has already confirmed that there are only the three new ones here.

Last edited:
Back