Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,032 comments
That's a horrifying thought given the demolition derbies I've been involved in with the demo.
There's your incentive to improve your qualifying times. During the beta, the top couple buckets of racers tended to be very clean. Manage to get up toward the front of the pack and you get some of the best online racing available.

Judging by the wide spread of times seen in what I'd call the "second tier" of competitors, it shouldn't be hard for a half-decent driver to get away from the wreckers. Especially once the full game is out and you get a week or two for the rankings to settle people where they belong.

Not that disasters don't happen in the faster groups. Everyone eats it from time to time.

I only got to play the demo for about an hour yesterday after work but it was very nostalgic. My starter car was the Focus GR.B and the first part I did was the top line of license tests or whatever it's called now. After all golds, I won the '15 Atenza XD sedan which is awesome because I drive a Mazda 6.

Best part for me was that I got to paint the stock wheels (finally!) and then took it for a quick 3 lap race against the hardest AI at Dragon Trail.

Wow this is the absolute worst gran turismo to date. Its complete garbage. Im done. Cancelling my pre order that ive had for over a year. .
Im am feeling the same way! Is it possible to cancer the preorder? How?

LE. Not possible in CA. My impressions so far: just another average racing car game!

Last edited:
Stage 6-8 was really fun and the AI was great too, nice competition and lead changes throughout the pit stops. I still won even though I got spun out from the AI on lap 2, only won by a few car lengths as the AI have probably no downforce as I'd lose them in the twisty parts.

I really enjoy the Northern Isle stages too.

How are the lobbies so far? I can only imagine its kinda toxic since this demo is free to everyone *shrug*

Jerome

Stage 6-8 was really fun and the AI was great too, nice competition and lead changes throughout the pit stops. I still won even though I got spun out from the AI on lap 2, only won by a few car lengths as the AI have probably no downforce as I'd lose them in the twisty parts.

I really enjoy the Northern Isle stages too.

How are the lobbies so far? I can only imagine its kinda toxic since this demo is free to everyone *shrug*

Jerome
Sport lobbies have been great for me. Open lobbies not so much

Is anyone able to confirm that the G27 with Drive Hub works on GTS? I’m planning on buying the Drive Hub today if it does.

Hey MarcoM

How did you get the G25 to work. I have seen a few work-arounds but would be good hear how you got it running on the PS4

The wife will kill me if another wheel turned up. She is still in a mood after I bought the PS4 and preorder for GTS :ouch:

Cheers

I use the Drivehub from Cronusmax http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

There is a whole topic going on: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erter-update-ps3-pc-support-now-added.358306/

Hobbies are important for men! Actually for everyone. But I should shut up being divorced and all. Luckily my girlfriend is a lot more supportive... guess that's marriage .

Good luck :)

Eva
Sport lobbies have been great for me. Open lobbies not so much

I haven't tried them yet, what's the difference between sport and open lobbies?

Jerome

I use the Drivehub from Cronusmax http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

There is a whole topic going on: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erter-update-ps3-pc-support-now-added.358306/

Hobbies are important for men! Actually for everyone. But I should shut up being divorced and all. Luckily my girlfriend is a lot more supportive... guess that's marriage .

Good luck :)

Many thanks for the info. I had looked at the Cronusmax but didn't consider the hub. :cheers:

At least that will be easier to sneek into the house than a new wheel otherwise Divorce likely to be on the cards for me :scared:

I loved GTS for the 53 seconds I got to play it..LOL Seriously 53. Soooo I come home from work im all excited download the demo fire it up...its all good! Get into the game get my first car. Head out to the track im going in to turn 3 and my controller dies. Im like oh crap where is my charger cord Plug it up and yep of course, the controller wont charge. I grab another charger from around the house. Same issue. Why do the GT Gods hate me?! Lol

Guess ill try it again tonight after I buy a brand new controller! :(

That's a horrifying thought given the demolition derbies I've been involved in with the demo.

The problem are lapped cars . A guy pushed me wide but he got a 4 seconds penalty .
The game is the best GT since 4 . 5 and 6 were bad . It lacks content though , Kaz is a joke . I can accept a low car count but tracks as i said before are essential . They added ugly tracks instead of Fuji , Tsukuba and Motegi which are japanese tracks .

Last edited:
Is that tiredeformation I see there?

zZK8SB3YfqzNzU9oksVu0fAlsx95PMQi-DByxhBKgOFitzhHvNdmtaVzyEQvcxe5TpvjQ78F68Md4knk7S9XxwROrPjf67-5LEChqp-X_dR1_E1STmRaM0LCy5Y3NbiuTT56ot3BQfYetHfzJ-43bWv4dgS_p2-heH4fZpDDV4lAjIf906XOALQYEHbmVfqYNtHG1VxG0P_5_uXWRBTz6VsRlWXRvROr5jp4AsmZK5XI-DzrOX8XjMCTq0SSNjNxDr0ACEKob6y-ptnp-9RRH5N4WvtffY7zklGzrjLY-Mum8DvpIrBTNQZJMbq_CNtd39T3zGcyZPuJf_f2NLInXwvSXQ_oric_MeQhNcmwphm7J40lKjhc41BFXZwLYUn7rQ6VeOK9Vsp3O1iz5k5KMWQsNLJ_c3uqaNThDOoPXxYls13KUGNdB9oF-L21k_WTYMuIJ4mKlpd9Rbp7Zc5ZcUDFRVd9Xg-fb_8ei2XaUZ58dKuI8qkz7k36XC8ktnlUxsA3pRVAy0kCcF-2_yf3EAiWu1dDG6hSHTcLSzdcVcfk3vyIEcmIlMldDOgPRzAFEnEEP-_E0jH8i0VMix94OUkXebTPlWmKZPsRLi5fom33RCSpweufL6VL6Pn1QZt58mF21-2c7sNxAalV-JpBFTmYaOv3fkqJCRtY=w1120-h630-no

Played for 30 minute last night.
The demo crashed a few times for me on the options menu.
Qualifying in solitude was kind of boring.
Was waiting for matchmaking for 10 minutes before giving up.

Other peoples experience similar ?

If you had hung around long enough the servers would have gone down and back up a few times, then let you join a race in which you would have been subject to some appealing driving standards.

Looks good however.

Known issue. Just start a time trial event before opening it up.

Well , sometimes you can see cars spinning in strange ways or players' cars "trembling" . They can confuse you .
Yeah, those are likely latency issues with users trying to keep a connection to the servers/and or players.

Many thanks for the info. I had looked at the Cronusmax but didn't consider the hub. :cheers:

At least that will be easier to sneek into the house than a new wheel otherwise Divorce likely to be on the cards for me :scared:

I'm using the Drive Hub to make my G920 look like a G29 to GT Sport demo. It's a beautiful thing!

Sport lobbies are matchmade and your DR/DR go up or down. Open lobbies are more like the lobbies in 5 and 6.

Thats RAD, thanks for the info man.

Jerome

I forgot to add that the lag i saw is probably related to my poor wi fi connection . Cable connection should probably tell the truth about servers . I should probably move the PS4 to the other room...

Back