Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,032 comments
when i go to options the game errors anyone else? there is error code too everytime it happens

Yep it happened to me 3 times in a row. The 4th time I tried to quickly press the up key and it didn't crash (could be coincidence though). I reported the issue each time. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Jerome

when i go to options the game errors anyone else? there is error code too everytime it happens

Found it on Neogaf, this might help with your issue.

nPX1YBT6_o.jpg

My two cents (honest opinion):

The following is my opinion after trying the demo with a G29 wheel, PS4 PRO. I transcribe a whatsapp message that I sent to my brother to share my feelings.

Well, I tried GT Sport. I recommend you to try it and evaluate it for yourself. The physics... I would divide it into three behaviors;
1. When you do everything right = arcade
2. When you demand your driving a little (let’s say going to controllable understeer and oversteer, demanding the limit of the car) looking for faster times = easy to manage and easy recovery
3. When you lost the car = simulation (because of uncontrollable situation, because it does not stop until you hit something, because it never stop like it would be)

I do not know what PD wanted to do, but in my opinion it is very bad. It does not even seem like you're driving a real car, you're going as if you're floating. The same braking points no matter what car. The sensations driving different cars... very bad I think, endowed each car with a personality but unreal. The rally physics, better not to mention. The FFB... nothing, it is elemental.

The demo... flaws everywhere. The graphics ... I do not understand them, bah... yes, I understand them, very simple to be able to compete and to lie with the 4K. I could not try with PSVR because it is not enabled (I can imagine why...)

My verdict; I do not know what they tried to do all this time but obviously it did not work for people like us and it's late, what I tried is what it is. Sadly, it seems to me, the worst of the saga ... you realize that it is not finished yet... the same story, it repeats again. Try it, you'll agree with what I say.

Greetings.

His answer;

Hahaha ... then I'll do it when I have time and I'm without anything else to do... incredible... or credible, considering that the game is not meant for us... LOL

(My brother and I like the physics of Assetto Corsa)

Hey guys are there leaderboards for the time trial events or do you just get to see your own times set?

Cheers
You can see leaderboards for your friends and the global top 10

I don't know whether to make my comments here or in the drive hub forum...but I am here now so I'll go right ahead.

Note: I have never owned a GT title, I have never played any GT title more than 10 minutes and I have never played it with a wheel.

That said, even though I still will be trying to figure out whether there were any communication issues between my Thrustmaster TX, PS4 Pro and my CPX, I was terribly impressed with my first go around.

I was surprised that with only mild intuitive adjustments, even on Professional I felt like I had more control over my car than in Forza 7, and PC2, although to be fair to PC2 I really haven't dialed things in yet.

Quite simply, though, having played all three games to some small degree now I can honestly say this might be the most fun driving I've had right out of the box.

As stated I am a little worried that something may be "lost in translation" between my wheel, the drive hub and the PS4 as I had to set all setting up to 10 on the FFB to get a reasonable feel from it. However, I am still so very pleased that my recently purchased Drive Hub works, and furthermore, I did enjoy the comfortable control over my car while on the track regardless of who credit should go to: Polyphony, Collective Minds or Thrustmaster!

This is getting close to a definite buy for me, but again, I really need to see where I am at with the DH and whether it is giving me a reasonably accurate interpretation of GTS.

I will say I was not able to use my Thrustmaster shifter, but that may be due to another issue entirely, I don't know. I do know the DH recognizes my wheel as the 458, which I believe is accurate as it is the same TX servo for both.

Wrapping it up, again, I must stress that I was surprised how much I enjoyed my driving experience with GTS and I am now a little disappointed that after the next couple of days I will have to wait a week before experiencing it again!

Peace, my friends!

Problem is you have to wait , driving or not . I won 3 times startig from pole but i it's not that good .
That's unavoidable. Races run in 20 minute intervals. If you aren't interested in running a race, then you'll have to wait unless you join an open lobby.

Ok someone on a large amount of drugs picked tonight's Sport races.

The Daihatsu VGT (aka the Suzuki X90 for the modern age) on bumper car, wall riding central.

Next up Gr B on tarmac at Suzuka, but settings are locked so they are in gravel trim!

Finally Gr 3 at an almost oval, that isn't sure what it is.

This honestly can't be PD and the FIAs idea of Motorsport for the next 100 years.

Hey guys! Did you know you can get a 150% more credit when you have a clean race in arcade mode? I had a really exciting race with me driving the NSX Gr 4 at Dragon Trail. I tried to respect the computer and drive their lines and same braking points. I had a pass on the 5th to the final corner for the lead and thought it was going to be a cake walk and then the AI came back on me and took the lead on the third to last corner. Through the esses I knew the AI was going to go slower so I tried desperately hard to mimic his moves without hitting him. I got a clean pass on the final corner on the outside and was able to hold him off. The AI is much improved IMO! It will race you clean as long as you're not driving dirty and it will come back on you if you're too careful.

First post here. Been reading since GT5. Finally took the plunge. Love this community.

Loving the Demo totally.

Played 3 online races today. Went pretty smooth. Best part is no body wanted to hit anyone. Everyone was going clean as much as they can.

At the Oval, Overtake is difficult man without hitting unless you carry great speed to zoom past. Started 4th, finished 3rd.

At Tokyo now, started 4th again and finished 10th.

Now at Suzuka last, was 2nd in all 5 laps so took a risk at the last corner and boom on the grass. Finished 3rd.

My SR is B currently and DR is E. Can anyone tell what does these 2 mean. SR is driving level i guess?

Add me on psn. ID : FUNanywhere

Cheers

First post here. Been reading since GT5. Finally took the plunge. Love this community.

Loving the Demo totally.

Played 3 online races today. Went pretty smooth. Best part is no body wanted to hit anyone. Everyone was going clean as much as they can.

At the Oval, Overtake is difficult man without hitting unless you carry great speed to zoom past. Started 4th, finished 3rd.

At Tokyo now, started 4th again and finished 10th.

Now at Suzuka last, was 2nd in all 5 laps so took a risk at the last corner and boom on the grass. Finished 3rd.

My SR is B currently and DR is E. Can anyone tell what does these 2 mean. SR is driving level i guess?

Add me on psn. ID : FUNanywhere

Cheers

SR is Sportsmanship Rating, so basically how clean your race and DR is Driver Rating, so how fast you are.

Ok someone on a large amount of drugs picked tonight's Sport races.

The Daihatsu VGT (aka the Suzuki X90 for the modern age) on bumper car, wall riding central.

Next up Gr B on tarmac at Suzuka, but settings are locked so they are in gravel trim!

Finally Gr 3 at an almost oval, that isn't sure what it is.

This honestly can't be PD and the FIAs idea of Motorsport for the next 100 years.

I still don´t know why they have ovals in this game. They don´t have anything to do with Indy or Nascar, so they don´t feature any series or cars that race in ovals.

On top of that they designed two oval tracks with weird banking and an exquisite layout.

When they first announced the FIA deal i thought we would mimic real life races in real life tracks, but i guess they did it for the publicity involved.

The driving standards suck, I've just finished the Gr 3 race at the odd 'not oval, oval' and 50% of the finishers managed to get penalties. One even clocking up 59 seconds worth!

Issues from the beta such as being overtaken by ghosted cars, heavy penalties for getting run into or driven off track are still present, and people are still able to wall rude without incurring penalties.

Ok so how is my driver rating an E when i qualified 4th,4th and 2nd in 3 races. Is it overall leaderboards?
It takes way more than three races to change your rating. I've done close to 30 sport races and have a C driver rating. My sportsmanship rating is an A though.

Please help me with Mission Challenge-Stage 6_2 at Interlagos. I believe I can win but I cant refuel with a G29. What am I suppose to press to increase fuel in the pits?

Please help me with Mission Challenge-Stage 6_2 at Interlagos. I believe I can win but I cant refuel with a G29. What am I suppose to press to increase fuel in the pits?

Nothing. Just wait for the fuel to reach your desired level and then press "finish refuelling".

Well, I completed all 3 tracks available for the the Circuit Experience and didn't get the gift car. I got gift cars in other campaign missions but the circuit experience didn't let me get it. Any idea why? I got golds in 2 tracks but in colorado (rally) I only got silvers. Could this be the reason?

Well, I completed all 3 tracks available for the the Circuit Experience and didn't get the gift car. I got gift cars in other campaign missions but the circuit experience didn't let me get it. Any idea why? I got golds in 2 tracks but in colorado (rally) I only got silvers. Could this be the reason?

There are no gift cars in Circuit Experience. It's just for you to get familiar with the track and get some good money for the effort.

Back