Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,032 comments
Eva
It takes way more than three races to change your rating. I've done close to 30 sport races and have a C driver rating. My sportsmanship rating is an A though.

No sir/mam

I have only done a total of 4 online races and my SR is down from penalties earned (even though I slow down to work them off during the races) from being punted off track by crashing jerks.

No point in going online only to be punted off track and get marked down for it.

Ok someone on a large amount of drugs picked tonight's Sport races.

The Daihatsu VGT (aka the Suzuki X90 for the modern age) on bumper car, wall riding central.

Next up Gr B on tarmac at Suzuka, but settings are locked so they are in gravel trim!

Finally Gr 3 at an almost oval, that isn't sure what it is.

This honestly can't be PD and the FIAs idea of Motorsport for the next 100 years.

This is a big problem for me, to enjoy the game I need to enjoy Sport mode, but the races being offered aren't my bag...

Yesterday was better, but the lap count is still to small, for me they need to offer something in the 15 - 20 minute range, not the 5-7 minutes right now. I need to know that that is a possibility before purchase...

The player pool doesn't seem to be that big either (could be time of day) or matchmaking isn't working very well, seeing a big range of skill levels in each race, I've lapped people in the 5 lap Gr.B race at Suzuka :embarrassed: That makes me a little nervous ;) and I'm not fastest by a long shot either.

I also hope those exploiting the game in qualifying receive the ban hammer for repeat offences.

So im thinking that when i clicked on lobbies i would see lobby titles like "clean racers only" or "running group 4 cars clean racing or you'll be kicked" but instead i see stupid ass titles for a lobby. And then the usual drift lobbies and stuff that i really don't care for like that. I don't even know if i should even join or not because of the lobby name. I'll definitely be sticking with sport mode instead. Thank you PD for adding that.

Had to leave two races early after leading in both, because the backmarkers completely wiped me out. For the demo, the backmarkers should be ghosts. The standard of driving isn't up to scratch yet as it's a demo.
Hope it doesn't affect my rank for the full game!

has anyone been able to get into a race online in sports mode? I tried 3-4 times yesterday, and it didn't start a match. I did manage to play 3 matches yerterday with my friend in lobby mode. but it took too long for the match to start. people were leaving and going. I one thing that makes me nervous is the online component. that's the only way I want to race.

I'm bored with this game already. That Gr.B race a Suzuka is really silly with locked setups. I did it once, qualified 2nd and finished 4th. My car didn't like turn one at all. I didn't want to do the other two races. I've done the two Arcade races to pro level and the gravel one I've beaten on easy. I don't think I'll bother with loose surface events anymore. I dislike reverse tracks, so I'm left with missions. They are okay - I would very much like to know what series 7 and 8 have to offer, but it's just 26 miles a day for the next two days and I'm done. I'll buy the game if it shows up in a sale. It is a return to form after GT6 and there are a lot of things I like about it but 17 locations? It needs more. Many more. It is a good platform to build on though.

No sir/mam

I have only done a total of 4 online races and my SR is down from penalties earned (even though I slow down to work them off during the races) from being punted off track by crashing jerks.

No point in going online only to be punted off track and get marked down for it.
I meant it takes a lot of races to build up ratings. I'm sure they can fall quickly, but I was just pointing out that there is serious effort needed to build your ratings up.

Eva
I meant it takes a lot of races to build up ratings. I'm sure they can fall quickly, but I was just pointing out that there is serious effort needed to build your ratings up.

LOL - then even less incentive for me to go back online hehe.

I wonder what the ratio is? Clean races to offset penalties earned.

Had to leave two races early after leading in both, because the backmarkers completely wiped me out. For the demo, the backmarkers should be ghosts. The standard of driving isn't up to scratch yet as it's a demo.
Hope it doesn't affect my rank for the full game!

They were in the beta IIRC. Bad oversight to leave them not ghosted indeed.

I've always liked the GT series, well right up to GT4. GT5 after a rocky start grew on me,and I never liked GT6.
I tried the demo and was completely underwhelmed, yes it looked pretty but i didn't feel it had any of heart and soul that made me love the first 4 instalments of the game, it just seems like a very pretty ghost town.

There is no real offline/career mode I did try the arcade section but that seemed to take longer to set up for a race than to actually do the race, it seems like a ghost of its past it's like a very pretty showcase without a game at it's heart.

I will wait perhaps till it's on the bargain shelves.

Well, no matter - the online complaints we have about GTS, Forza7 is right there in the online dysfunctionality arena..
I was 1h55m into a 4h race and boom - exit to XBone dash board with "Forza 7 needs and update. OK" message. I lost the progress and the Mods being used :(

This was during an offline race. This abuse of offline activity seems to be a common theme with the latest games.

Last edited:
Open lobby titles right now: Stned, Ghggd, Pickle Rick!!!!, Eat ass, Pooo, and Flinging Poo.

Not a single "Clean racing only" in sight. Yeah, online play is the future of GT.

Well, was in the lead for most of the new kart race, but the racing was back and forth quite a bit. Was probably going to win, but got punted out of the way going into the last braking zone. Salvaged a third. At least they apologized.

Last edited:
Eva
Before or after you do a run, you can press R1 or L1 to toggle leaderboards.
Tried everything but I still only see my times, the first time I played the demo I saw the top 10 but they seem to have disappeared.

The Gr. 4 race at Interlagos... Three wide into turn 1 and no one died.
maxresdefault.jpg

Third attempt at the kart race I finally got the win...though a back marker sure did try their best to ruin it. Still did not get credit for the win in the Achievements.

Anyone know what the Mileage points carry over limit is?

I can’t seem to find anything about it other than this statement ‘up to a limit.’ Not very helpful.

Love the Kart 125. Only driven it on a pad so far (was very early morning and didn’t wanna wake anyone with the wheel) but it feels awesome. On the limit, always. I actually managed to get the third fastest time out of anyone, a 43.4 I believe it was. Somehow the fastest guy got 8 seconds, I’m guessing it was a glitch of some sort.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR people in the kart race are assholes

I qualified first with a 43.8, a shunt took me out of my rhythm and I spun in the first lap. Recovered from last to almost first again then the asshole kept pushing me off the track on purpose. Finished 2nd.

No penalties for such behavior??????????:banghead:

Ok I won the 2nd race but it doesn't show in achievements.

In that gr4 race I qualified 2nd, got pushed off turn 1 three laps in a row. Finished third.

So im thinking that when i clicked on lobbies i would see lobby titles like "clean racers only" or "running group 4 cars clean racing or you'll be kicked" but instead i see stupid ass titles for a lobby. And then the usual drift lobbies and stuff that i really don't care for like that. I don't even know if i should even join or not because of the lobby name. I'll definitely be sticking with sport mode instead. Thank you PD for adding that.
Well lobby anyone can create and right now everyone just wants to test out quickly so they are just giving shortest text as possible.

Anyone knows how to invite friends to the lobby. Would be baffling if we can't invite. Such simplest of features.

Back