Sony Might Let You Change Your PSN Name Next Year

It’ll be great for those who recently joined a racing team. Might change to TNTR_qwbufp or something like that. Hate that qwbufp name but I might still keep it.

I think for some it would be a great idea. I would like to see a limit on how often it can be changed. Luckily I have the name I want and it has followed me from PC gaming into console gaming.

I really want this to happen, I just hate my user name (not the Lukanyon part :lol:). I'd like to change mine to Lukanyon_GTC, which stands for "GTConcept", a league that I joined some months ago.

XXI
I'd like to change my name here.
Does Gtplanet allow that?
Premium users can, if they want to, change it once per year. You have to contact an administrator. There's some info about it here.

Man, the ability to change names will help out those who signed up as kids and thought they were clever. That's good for the network
Or for people who use their real names online but change their name in real life for any given reason.

1 username for life is enough imo. No need to change it for leagues or anything. As said previously will it mean users that have been blocked will be unblocked. I've spent half a decade blocking all sorts of different breed of idiot to hopfully have a clean lobby.

What I would like is for all racing games to have Scotland selectable to represent. Talking to you PD. No idea who to send a message to about that. I asked someone via PM on the official PlayStation site who was taking feedback on the first beta, no answer back.

It's bordering on ignorance.

Sorry I didnt know you were the arbiter of forum humour.

Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to be able to change country on PlayStation (Not the PlayStation store) I do think changing usernames is good but it should have a limit.
I'd rather that than a username change honestly. Having moved countries before (and planning to move again) it makes others think you're not from the country you're from. Also on that, why are some counties missing from the selection anyway? I'd rather Sony focus on adding support for those countries than let people change their username.

Last edited:
Well back in the days when I created my psn account, there was no dedicated store for my country and so was for many others... So yeah that would be a great option, either in psn or GT

1 username for life is enough imo. No need to change it for leagues or anything. As said previously will it mean users that have been blocked will be unblocked. I've spent half a decade blocking all sorts of different breed of idiot to hopfully have a clean lobby.
I'm pretty sure that changing usernames in Steam doesn't affect any blocked user lists, I don't see how this would be any different.

And I don't see how allowing username changes is a bad thing, provided that you can see what usernames people have had in the past.

If they allow to change your date-of-birth then the average player age will be drop down with years.

A lot of people faked their age because in the past you couldn't upgrade a sub-account to a master-account.

But I don't really need it, I'm also happy with my PSN name. But for some people it is helpful.

What I would like is for all racing games to have Scotland selectable to represent. Talking to you PD. No idea who to send a message to about that. I asked someone via PM on the official PlayStation site who was taking feedback on the first beta, no answer back.

It's bordering on ignorance.

Gold.

THIS!! I tried putting a Scotland flag over the British flag on the driver name but it doesn't work ;(

Yeah, it's about time!, some people have been PSN members since 2006 and surely you weren't the same person then as you are now if you picked a 'questionable' name!

Back