Sony Playstation VR Headset ThreadPS4 

Yup.

Pretty badly, too. Even just under braking, it was awful.

I knew this probably would happen, as I very easily get sick on the back of a car. Just hope I can get used to it. One corner at a time. :)

Hopefully You'll get over it pretty quickly, as @Awong124 has said, I used to get slightly nauseous when I first starting playing FPS but soon got to the point it stopped affecting me. I got a little that way last night playing Scavenger's Odyssey but not enough to make me want to stop so I think your brain can be trained to accept it as normal.

If you don't mind taking medication, over-the-counter anti-nausea medication would get rid of the sickness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimenhydrinate

I haven't used it for VR specifically, but I get sick playing some first-person or third-person games, and this kind of medication works like a charm.
Yeah, I already played with that idea in my post here, but that's not how I want to deal with this. If not only because those should be taken 1/2~1 hour in advance, which is impossible since I can't possibly schedule my gaming time.

Ok so you get the headset on sale and think you saved yourself a bunch of money, then you try it and realize you HAVE TO have EVERY VR GAME and suddenly you've spent $70 on games and $50 on a joystick to play EVE and I still have to buy two move controllers and Farpoint and I forgot to eat today and the real world sucks now... allright gotta get back to the PS4

Ok so you get the headset on sale and think you saved yourself a bunch of money, then you try it and realize you HAVE TO have EVERY VR GAME and suddenly you've spent $70 on games and $50 on a joystick to play EVE and I still have to buy two move controllers and Farpoint and I forgot to eat today and the real world sucks now... allright gotta get back to the PS4

Yes it is addictive. It sounds like you have been on it for days :lol: :cheers:

I've actually been trying to make myself sick. :lol: TrackMania can do it in minutes.

I'm doing pretty well on GTS though; I can even do a couple laps in the Tomahawk without problems.

I'm absolutely over the moon with Skyrim VR, I got Skyrim for the ps3, the ps4 and now for the psvr. The immersion is incredible, I'm seeing a whole level of detail that I never noticed before. :bowdown:
I'm tempted with Skyrim VR, as there are not many games (that interest me) where you get the whole game in VR!

But as others have mentioned my games list is already extensive (thanks mostly to PS plus), so the chances of me dedicating the time to it is slim.

Interested in your thoughts on how you feel the mechanics of game play feel/work.

Interested in your thoughts on how you feel the mechanics of game play feel/work.

I was a little disappointed with moving around at first then looked at the settings and saw you didn't have to use the default teleporting system to move around (why this is default I don't know), you could move around using the move controllers. After that it was awesome all the way, the menu's are a little difficult to use but don't break the game ... combat is good, you seemed to be able to hit enemies with melee weapons from quite a way away in 'normal' Skyrim, but in this you have to get nicely up close .... sword (or mace/axe) and a shield really does give you a sense of how it must have been. I really recommend it.

Several games announced recently for the PSVR and there are some well priced bundles for the holiday season. I really feel 2018 is gonna be the year for the psvr, 2 million units sold as of launch and more and more games coming our way. $199 for the GT bundle with a camera included and $349 for the Skyrim bundle with the version 2 headset, camera, and moves.

I'm happy to report that I'm dealing very well with motion sickness lately. And I don't even have many ours of gaming (unfortunately), so the getting-used-to stage seems to be short and I think I'll be fine in a near future.

On another subject, I've been watching lots of VR videos (for example, using the NextVR app).
However, while it is pretty cool and immersive, I instantly noticed that people look tiny (out of proportion), no matter what video I'm watching (completely different shows or productions). There's something about the sense of scale that is off.
I wonder if this is just normal and everyone experiences this or if it may have to do with the settings of my VR unit?

@35mm - The scale of all the NextVR videos was also off for me and I think it is an issue with how they were recorded. You can try to adjust the IPD settings but for some reason I'm under the impression it won't help.

Wow, I am really impressed with the Last Guardian, jumping on his back and across the ruins was really great. He is a big beast!.. Worth a try if you haven't downloaded it yet.

https://uploadvr.com/last-guardian-vr-briefly-brought-dreams-life/

Also if you haven't seen is the new Demo Version2..with a few new games on. You need move controller for a couple though. My fave was star child.
Clocking in at 15.2GB, the PSVR Demo Disc 2 features 12 demos of some of the latest and greatest the PSVR has to offer. For the full list of available games, check out below, and head over to the PlayStation Store now to pick up the free opportunity to put on that PSVR:

• Battlezone (Rebellion)
• Dino Frontier* (Uber Entertainment)
• Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
• Fantastic Contraption* (Radial Games)
• Job Simulator* (Owlchemy Labs)
• Moss (Polyarc)
• Raw Data* (Survios)
• Rez Infinite* (Enhance Games)
• Star Child (GameTrust)
• The Persistence (Firesprite)
• Thumper (Drool)
• Tiny Trax (FuturLab)

*PS Move Controllers required to play these demos
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/09/the-psvr-demo-disc-2-is-free-to-download-on-ps-store/

There is also Star Blood arena which was pretty good they missed off that list but you can now download it separately Free in store:tup:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA08934_00-WHITEMOON0000000

Lastly I still really enjoy the nice long music video Chainsmokers this is very relaxing.

For those new to PSVR here are other free ones available
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...mes-experiences-demos-you-can-play-right-now/

@torque99

Thanks for sharing all that. Especially since it's easy to miss some of the demos/experiences.
Unfortunately, I don't think the The Chainsmokers Paris VR experience is available anymore. :(

Speaking of which, there's also the Joshua Bell experience.

I thought it was a beautiful, in-your-face experience and one of the best 3D footage I've seen (and heard).
Hell, you can even see different perspectives moving your head about (for example, the hands of the pianist), unlike conventional 3D footage.
It's fantastic and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks @35mm 👍 I haven't seen that Joshua Bell one, I might download that..It is shame the Chainsmokers one isn't there. It is quite a nice visual experience sitting it through. Maybe it will come back in store over the holidays.

There are so many others that low in price but not sure they will agree with me.

I had a good session on GT Sport in PSVR and that on motion controller to me is one of the better driving ones. I found DriveClub and Dirt Rally really good but I think I crashed too much! GT seems more gentle on the movements I think.

Star Blood Arena or anything spinning about like that and my head is spinning.

I liked the idea of Luge
but this didn't agree with me moving my head to turn :ill: (A shame as the graphics are pretty good)

This is my only worry when on VR, someone being there and you not knowing. His wife was sleeping I think but still, some strange screams he makes when he actually sees her in reality! (Maybe he thinks she is in the game) :lol: 👍 The more I watch this the funnier it gets!

Last edited:
Stranger Things also a free experience for PSVR. I cannot find it in the (Dutch) PS Store yet? May be accesible via video channel? Will check this

https://www.vg247.com/2017/12/12/stranger-things-the-vr-experience-psvr-playstation-store/
Damn it, it's not available at the PT store as well... I can see it at the UK store, but as soon as I log in, it says the content is not available. :guilty:

I was just thinking how much I didn't need a PSVR - until I saw this...
Usually, one thinks they don't need a PSVR until they try it. :D

@Touring Mars I think WipEout will have a few decent stages (I am hoping the ones with the big drops) but worth waiting to see if they make all the stages and all the ships in it. I have a funny feeling a demo will come out with this one.

P.S If you haven't tried PSVR yet, you have to to try one local if you can. I can't recommend it enough and it is a game changer for FPS and Racing games 👍

Anyone playing Skyrim VR notice the visual improvements since the latest update? Bethesda didn't say anything about any improvements in the update but I noticed quite a change. Playing on OG PS4 myself, overall the image is a good bit sharper and there are far fewer objects that pop in and out in the distance.

@Touring Mars I think WipEout will have a few decent stages (I am hoping the ones with the big drops) but worth waiting to see if they make all the stages and all the ships in it. I have a funny feeling a demo will come out with this one.
From what I can see, it is the whole game (all tracks, all game modes) available as a free update - pretty spectacular, although I suspect that I may be one of those who can't play in VR for long before feeling ill... FPS games already make me a bit light-headed, though I've never had a problem with WipEout... yet. I'll probably wait until there's a bit of a price drop before getting one, as I don't think I'd get a lot of use out of one right now... one thing I would really like to see in VR is Minecraft, though I've heard that it is pretty tricky to control and is also quite bad for making people feel dizzy.

I've made a list of pros and cons to help decide whether I need PSVR...

CONS
  • Far too expensive
  • Loads of other things I need to buy instead like a new kitchen
  • Nausea-inducing
  • Won't use enough
  • Too busy at work to play more PS4
  • Not particularly interested in PS4 games
PROS
  • WipEout VR
It's currently neck-and-neck.

I've made a list of pros and cons to help decide whether I need PSVR...

CONS
  • Far too expensive
  • Loads of other things I need to buy instead like a new kitchen
  • Nausea-inducing
  • Won't use enough
  • Too busy at work to play more PS4
  • Not particularly interested in PS4 games
PROS
  • WipEout VR
It's currently neck-and-neck.

Sony has it bundled with GT Sport for 200$ right now if that helps your decision. :)

Also if you haven't seen is the new Demo Version2..with a few new games on. You need move controller for a couple though. My fave was star child.
Clocking in at 15.2GB, the PSVR Demo Disc 2 features 12 demos of some of the latest and greatest the PSVR has to offer. For the full list of available games, check out below, and head over to the PlayStation Store now to pick up the free opportunity to put on that PSVR:

• Battlezone (Rebellion)
• Dino Frontier* (Uber Entertainment)
• Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
• Fantastic Contraption* (Radial Games)
• Job Simulator* (Owlchemy Labs)
• Moss (Polyarc)
• Raw Data* (Survios)
• Rez Infinite* (Enhance Games)
• Star Child (GameTrust)
• The Persistence (Firesprite)
• Thumper (Drool)
• Tiny Trax (FuturLab)

*PS Move Controllers required to play these demos
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/09/the-psvr-demo-disc-2-is-free-to-download-on-ps-store/

There is also Star Blood arena which was pretty good they missed off that list but you can now download it separately Free in store:tup:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA08934_00-WHITEMOON0000000

Lastly I still really enjoy the nice long music video Chainsmokers this is very relaxing.

For those new to PSVR here are other free ones available
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...mes-experiences-demos-you-can-play-right-now/

That disk has so much good stuff on it. It has already convinced me to buy Thumper nd Rez Infinite.

GT Sport bundle now $180 at Wal-Mart.

Thanks for posting that. Walmart was cool enough to refund me the 40 Dollar difference between that price and the sale price I bought at without having to return the items to do so.

@35mm 👍 makes when he actually sees her in reality! (Maybe he thinks she is in the game) :lol: 👍 The more I watch this the funnier it gets!

I downloaded the demo and played in VR and even though I finished the game a week after it came out, I'm not sure my heart could take replaying it in VR. :)

Latest Posts

Back