Sony Playstation VR Headset ThreadPS4 

There are a lot of the VR titles in the current sale btw.
Indeed, there are! Personally, I have my eye on Superhot VR.

Llaejt4.png

Had my first go with RE7 Gold Edition in VR today in a three hour sting. It is amazing! Never have I experienced such extreme tension doing fights. Running away from someone when you can hear them chasing after you is absolutely terrifying, and turning around and shooting them right before they hit you is both exhilarating and rewarding. Slowly exploring the house, easing around every corner with your gun raised is so friggin cool too. Surprisingly, the "in your face" moments don't really scare me that much, but some of them are really tense and cool. There was one sequence where the candle lights, the sole source of light in a cramped space, went out one after the other, which sent shivers down my spine for what I figured was about to happen.

Basically, if you do not have it, then go out and buy it! It is a must try for VR users. Don't let cowardice dissuade you from trying it.

Had my first go with RE7 Gold Edition in VR today in a three hour sting. It is amazing! Never have I experienced such extreme tension doing fights. Running away from someone when you can hear them chasing after you is absolutely terrifying, and turning around and shooting them right before they hit you is both exhilarating and rewarding. Slowly exploring the house, easing around every corner with your gun raised is so friggin cool too. Surprisingly, the "in your face" moments don't really scare me that much, but some of them are really tense and cool. There was one sequence where the candle lights, the sole source of light in a cramped space, went out one after the other, which sent shivers down my spine for what I figured was about to happen.

Basically, if you do not have it, then go out and buy it! It is a must try for VR users. Don't let cowardice dissuade you from trying it.

It sounds very realistic (too realistic if you ask me). I don't mind horror movies/games to a point and I managed to play through the Rollercoaster Rush of blood VR, and the Order1886 and Doom on PS4!... but this is on a different level now in VR.

I just about managed the RE Kitchen Demo - the screams and noises were bad enough :lol: We shall see, for you to like this it must be good. Maybe GTSport and Batman are better for my health and insomnia though :P

I must agree with @Jawehawk having played RE7 a little in VR, it was awesome.

The only reason I put it on hold was due to all the racing I was involved with at the time... Too many games

I had hoped to get back on it over the break, but for a relaxing time of the year, I'm more busy than usual.

Laters

It took me 13 and a half hours to beat the game. Not bad at all, and not as short as some people have said, although I am very slow and meticulous in how I play. Most will probably finish it after 10 or so hours.

The last 1/3 is not as scary as the former sections, and there are some plot holes, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It took me 13 and a half hours to beat the game. Not bad at all, and not as short as some people have said, although I am very slow and meticulous in how I play. Most will probably finish it after 10 or so hours.

The last 1/3 is not as scary as the former sections, and there are some plot holes, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Same here, takes me longer than most to finish games because I l to explore every square inch.

In an act of utter lunacy, I shall now attempt to beat RE7 on Madhouse difficulty, of course while playing in VR.

Aside from the obvious changes, such as less ressources and having less health, Madhouse difficulty changes enemy positions, limits the amount of saves that you can do, and greatly reduces checkpoints. I thought normal was fairly hard already, so this is sure to test my ability to act under pressure. The allure of the trophy tied to the difficulty compels me to do it. In the end, a trophy hunter must hunt.

Apollo 11 VR has been updated to improve graphics on a PS4 Pro.

However, while I succeeded in docking the CM with the LM while still in Earth orbit, I still have to let Neil land the LM on the Moon

Everyone who comes over to try out the experience finds it very emotional

Picked up the skyrim bundle a few weeks back when they were on sale. Had some giftcards to best buy so it cost me just under $200.
Enjoying it a ton.

Ive since picked up
The Inpatient, havent played it yet, but my wife finished it up.
Moss, only played about an hour or so, but very fun puzzle/platformer.
Keep talking and no one explodes, what a fun party game.
Grabbed starblood when it was free on plus, not sure how i feel about this one. The again i only gave it about a half hour, but it was definitely making me dizzy. Its the firat vr game to do so between the psvr and samsungs headset.

Using the headset in cinema mode is pretty cool as well. Played a handful of my older games on it as my 65"DLP that i bought shortly after the launch of PS3 has crapped out on me.

The misses uses it a ton for games and just finished up OddWorld New and Tasty entirely with the headset on.

I'm in two minds about the PSVR. I picked one up at the same time as I got my PS Pro, but have only just got around to getting it going.

Trying it for the first time in the GTS VR tour was certainly a "holy WTF - I'm actually sitting in a Porsche" moment, but I ended up pretty disappointed with overall VR content in GTS.

Dirt Rally VR was far better from that point of view, and very impressive, however given the amount of time the PSVR has been on the market I guess I was hoping for more in the way of racing/cockpit type of games on VR.

The racing/cockpit type of games are really where I see the current gen VR can excel at - especially the PSVR which has quite a limited play area. I'm not so convinced over the FPS type of games as I can imagine that using a controller to move really breaks that suspension of disbelief. I'm prepared to be proved wrong on that point as I've downloaded Farpoint to give that a go - I just haven't got around to playing it yet.

Anyway there are two upcoming games that I'm really looking forward to in VR. The first is the update to Wipeout Omega Collection where the entire game is supposed to be playable in VR. The second is Ace Combat 7 where hopefully it'll be more than just a few token missions in VR.

Oh, one problem I'm having with VR is that my eyes tend to get quite tired after around 30 minutes of use, so is it likely that the eye calibration will help with that?

I'm in two minds about the PSVR. I picked one up at the same time as I got my PS Pro, but have only just got around to getting it going.

Trying it for the first time in the GTS VR tour was certainly a "holy WTF - I'm actually sitting in a Porsche" moment, but I ended up pretty disappointed with overall VR content in GTS.

Dirt Rally VR was far better from that point of view, and very impressive, however given the amount of time the PSVR has been on the market I guess I was hoping for more in the way of racing/cockpit type of games on VR.

The racing/cockpit type of games are really where I see the current gen VR can excel at - especially the PSVR which has quite a limited play area. I'm not so convinced over the FPS type of games as I can imagine that using a controller to move really breaks that suspension of disbelief. I'm prepared to be proved wrong on that point as I've downloaded Farpoint to give that a go - I just haven't got around to playing it yet.

Anyway there are two upcoming games that I'm really looking forward to in VR. The first is the update to Wipeout Omega Collection where the entire game is supposed to be playable in VR. The second is Ace Combat 7 where hopefully it'll be more than just a few token missions in VR.

Oh, one problem I'm having with VR is that my eyes tend to get quite tired after around 30 minutes of use, so is it likely that the eye calibration will help with that?
Eye calibration will help with that. i had the same issue. If you're able to get an Aim Controller and Farpoint you'll be in for a wild and fun ride. Both Wipeout Omega VR and Ace Combat 7 I'm excited for

Please give Resident Evil 7 a try in VR. You'll come to realise that you can still be fully immersed while using a standard controller for movement.

RE7 only works with the DS4 but don't let that keep you from trying it, it's a great game in VR.

The Diner Duo is a really fun 2 player game. The cook is wearing the headset and uses moves and the waiter/waitress uses the social screen and DS4, they communicate orders to the cook and serve drinks and burgers. It's also reasonably fun in single player for those who don't have someone around to partner up with. Definitely recommend it to anyone who might be into that sort of thing.

RE7 only works with the DS4 but don't let that keep you from trying it, it's a great game in VR.

The Diner Duo is a really fun 2 player game. The cook is wearing the headset and uses moves and the waiter/waitress uses the social screen and DS4, they communicate orders to the cook and serve drinks and burgers. It's also reasonably fun in single player for those who don't have someone around to partner up with. Definitely recommend it to anyone who might be into that sort of thing.
I play Diner Duo with my girlfriend. she loves it!

I have. it's fun but my right arm has tracking issues. like it flails bad. not as bad as it did at launch but sometimes it can be frustrating. another patch could fix it. i don't know if others have this issue
I haven't played it but my bro really likes it.

Btw, I tried PSVR the other week, I was really impressed. I was expecting a blury mess, but was surprised at how good it looked as soon as I put the head set on my head. Especially as I wear glasses.

I haven't played it but my bro really likes it.

Btw, I tried PSVR the other week, I was really impressed. I was expecting a blury mess, but was surprised at how good it looked as soon as I put the head set on my head. Especially as I wear glasses.
make sure to adjust the eye width in the options. it makes the resolution even better! I think the resolution is great too. I haven't had any issues with PSVR at all. it feels more comfortable than the Oculus Rift

Back