Sony Playstation VR Headset ThreadPS4 

It looks like a free update for PSVR Wipeout is out today. It is the full game and with PS4 Pro it is supposed to be very clear and smooth (but fast). Sounds amazing in cockpit view! I better take this one easy. I will try over the weekend .:cool:

Also psvr has price drop only £259 now from today. 👍

Last edited:
It looks like a free update for PSVR Wipeout is out today. It is the full game and with PS4 Pro it is supposed to be very clear and smooth (but fast). Sounds amazing in cockpit view! I better take this one easy. I will try over the weekend .:cool:

Also psvr has price drop only £259 now from today. 👍

I am so looking forward to vomiting to this one.

First impressions:

Holy *insert every swear word you know* balls! Every WipEout or GT player should have one of these things!

Second impressions:

2 laps of Suzuka and I'm breaking out in a cold sweat and feeling a bit ill - same after one race on WipEout... but it's early days yet!

Both are simply amazing - I may not get a whole load of use out of the headset right now, but it is literally like being at your favourite circuit - amazed at how different it looks and feels...

...and its a holiday tomorrow! I'll probably spend half on PSVR and half recovering in the bathroom!

I just had a quick go on Wipeout. Those big steep inclines and drops in cockpit at speed not good for the stomach and head after dinner :ill: I would suggest take it easy on Wipeout 10-15 mins Max as a beginner. It is amazing and good fun.

Also rush of blood is great on the rollercoaster shooting as you go through the haunted houses and woods .

P.s If you are on DS4 on GT sport I recommend changing to motion control and use like a wheel and 0 sensivity. Makes a big difference as you turn .:gtpflag:

I just had a quick go on Wipeout. Those big steep inclines and drops in cockpit at speed not good for the stomach and head after dinner :ill: I would suggest take it easy on Wipeout 10-15 mins Max as a beginner. It is amazing and good fun.

Also rush of blood is great on the rollercoaster shooting as you go through the haunted houses and woods .

P.s If you are on DS4 on GT sport I recommend changing to motion control and use like a wheel and 0 sensivity. Makes a big difference as you turn .:gtpflag:
I always use Sixaxis on GT Sport plus i have one of these
4G-4280-COMPACT-RACING-WHEEL-LS-02.jpg

Oh and I know it's been mentioned lots previously but for newbies it is very important to calibrate eye measurements in psvr settings before you have any longer sessions. Also I found not tightening the strap too much and having the back strap higher on head stopped a few eye/neck headaches.

First impressions:

Holy *insert every swear word you know* balls! Every WipEout or GT player should have one of these things!

Second impressions:

2 laps of Suzuka and I'm breaking out in a cold sweat and feeling a bit ill - same after one race on WipEout... but it's early days yet!

Both are simply amazing - I may not get a whole load of use out of the headset right now, but it is literally like being at your favourite circuit - amazed at how different it looks and feels...

...and its a holiday tomorrow! I'll probably spend half on PSVR and half recovering in the bathroom!
I've just ordered one, collect from Argos tomorrow.

That will teach me to get a bit drunk around a friends house..............

...............looking forward to GTS and Dirt Rally on my rig.

I've just ordered one, collect from Argos tomorrow.

That will teach me to get a bit drunk around a friends house..............

...............looking forward to GTS and Dirt Rally on my rig.

If you're anything like me you won't drive anywhere in GTS for the first few minutes, you'll just have your mouth wide open in amazement as you look around the car interior. Seriously the only things missing which break the suspension of disblief are the half bottle of coke and an empty sandwich packet lying on the passenger seat.

@Scaff I also highly recommend the Dirt Rally VR add on as I know you like Rallying. Those flying fast tracks and jumps + bumps at Finland in Group B are awesome too, you forget you are in VR and your stomach goes on the jumps :drool:

The price drop makes the VR rather interesting now. What games would you recommend? I would like to make a list of games worth playing for later when I get VR. :cheers:

@Scaff I also highly recommend the Dirt Rally VR add on as I know you like Rallying. Those flying fast tracks and jumps + bumps at Finland in Group B are awesome too, you forget you are in VR and your stomach goes on the jumps :drool:
Already bought the Dirt VR add-on as its only a fiver at the moment.

Picking the headset up around four this afternoon, can't wait.

Just spent a couple of hours with WipEout VR - with all the motion sickness assists turned off for full effect and...

Jesus, holy mother f... - Anyone with a PSVR NEEDS this now, and if you don't have a PSVR then beg borrow and steal to get one. This is what VR was made for.

I screamed like a little girl the first time I went off a massive drop, and the second time, and the third time. My girlfriend even came running into my office because she thought I'd actually hurt myself.

Sony have knocked it out of the park and beyond with this VR update.

The price drop makes the VR rather interesting now. What games would you recommend? I would like to make a list of games worth playing for later when I get VR. :cheers:

These are a few that seem popular and most are very good and worth trying.

LittlStar Cinema for 3D/360 videos and clips
Batman VR
Rush of Blood VR
RE7
Starwars
GTSport VR
Dirt Rally VR
Wipeout
VR Worlds (London Heist/Ocean Decent!) short but awesome :cheers:

So spent most of yesterday evening/night/small hours, giving it a good go and have to say that I'm very impressed.

GTS has been given a new lease of life as the immersion is excellent with it, however Dirt Rally gets a bigger thumbs up for doing the same immersion across every part of the game.

Of the 'short' stuff I gave RIGS a go (only thing that brought on motion sickness - but that was very late), Ocean Decent and the space one from VR Worlds are solid and the Starwars and COD space dog fight ones are really good for the short duration of them (the upcoming Ace Combat is now on my list).

Only had a quick go on Wipeout as it took a while to work out why it wouldn't start, turns out that you need to make sure you have Supersampling switched off if you have a PS4 Pro. The little I did try was excellent.

I've also found that the cinematic mode is perfect as a halfway measure for Assetto Corsa and PC2, as if you set it to large and then change the FOV to 100 (PC) or 68 (AC) then its akin to running a massive projector screen.

Last edited:
Im tempted to get one just for GTS hot lapping. The price isnt a problem, but i dont want this thing do gather dust. Is it possible to choose any car/track combination with VR time trial? Nordschleife must feel amazing with this thing...

Im tempted to get one just for GTS hot lapping. The price isnt a problem, but i dont want this thing do gather dust. Is it possible to choose any car/track combination with VR time trial? Nordschleife must feel amazing with this thing...
From what I've seen so far, it is available on all tracks/cars - I did my first full lap of the Nordschleife at twilight and it was incredible... the 3D sensation really makes a huge difference - sections of track that I thought were quite flat are now completely different. Sadly, my predictions about my sensitivity to motion sickness are quite correct - I can only stand a few minutes of either Wipeout or GT Sport at the moment, but hopefully that will improve with practice. Even so, it is still worth having!

From what I've seen so far, it is available on all tracks/cars - I did my first full lap of the Nordschleife at twilight and it was incredible... the 3D sensation really makes a huge difference - sections of track that I thought were quite flat are now completely different. Sadly, my predictions about my sensitivity to motion sickness are quite correct - I can only stand a few minutes of either Wipeout or GT Sport at the moment, but hopefully that will improve with practice. Even so, it is still worth having!

Sad to hear that. I thought that motion sickness isnt an issue with GT Sport. Three laps Nordschleife are about 20 minutes, i guess this could get difficult with motion sickness.

Its a shame the gaming press doesent bother about PSVR much, i havent read any report or opinion piece about the tine trial update so far, but im trying to gather some good info here.

Time trial could be a game changer for me. We all like hot lapping, right? Doing this in VR with an GT3 at Nordschleife or with a Super GT at Suzuka/Kyoto sounds like a dream.

Just spent a couple of hours with WipEout VR - with all the motion sickness assists turned off for full effect and...

Jesus, holy mother f... - Anyone with a PSVR NEEDS this now, and if you don't have a PSVR then beg borrow and steal to get one. This is what VR was made for.

I screamed like a little girl the first time I went off a massive drop, and the second time, and the third time. My girlfriend even came running into my office because she thought I'd actually hurt myself.

Sony have knocked it out of the park and beyond with this VR update.
Can you use force feedback wheel with Wipeout VR?

The issue with tracks seeming flat in GTS without VR is down to the locked FOV being far to wide for most TV size and seating distance combinations.

It's good to experience GTS in the same way I have been with other titles in this regard.

Personally I think Dirt Rally benefits even more from VR as its the entire title rather than just time trial.

Sad to hear that. I thought that motion sickness isnt an issue with GT Sport. Three laps Nordschleife are about 20 minutes, i guess this could get difficult with motion sickness.

The problem with VR is that you really don’t really know if you’re susceptible to motion sickness until you try it. I’m fortunate in that apart from the odd “wibbleys”, which only serve to immerse me more into the game, I’m completely immune. I was messing around with End Space and EVE Valkyrie for a good couple of hours today - swirling and diving around with my head on a swivel checking for enemies and I didn’t feel anything remotely approaching nausea. My brother on the other hand spent 3 minutes using VR before he was totally sick and so giddy he couldn’t walk for an hour.

Can you use force feedback wheel with Wipeout VR?

I don’t think so. I had a G29 connected while I was playing WipEout, but the game didn’t seem to respond to it despite the FFB being active. I didn’t really test much further because I’ve always played WipEout with the controller and using the D-Pad right from the original back in ‘95

The problem with VR is that you really don’t really know if you’re susceptible to motion sickness until you try it. I’m fortunate in that apart from the odd “wibbleys”, which only serve to immerse me more into the game, I’m completely immune. I was messing around with End Space and EVE Valkyrie for a good couple of hours today - swirling and diving around with my head on a swivel checking for enemies and I didn’t feel anything remotely approaching nausea. My brother on the other hand spent 3 minutes using VR before he was totally sick and so giddy he couldn’t walk for an hour.
Wierdly the only things that have given me any motion sickness have been those bits that are supposed to remove it. Mainly the blinker effects in RIGS and Wipeout (as well as the default lock), switched it off in Wipeout and all was good. Can't see an option to do the same in RIGS.

Back