Sony: Your PSN Personal Info Was Stolen Nine Days Ago

• Thread starter kprawny1
  • 19 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't exactly the right section.

Also I think the hackers are trying to get revenge on Sony rather than steal peoples information. If they wanted to they could have already long ago. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know what section this is but please read the article
ALL OF OUR INFO WAS STOLEN! This is bad.

Mod please move this to the correct section..Very Important info for all PSN users, thank you.

How about learning to read?

although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

Rumble strip. Tell the other 100 people with no clue also before another person posts a thread like this in like 5 minutes. I bet this is already being discussed there.

How about learning to read?

Yeah, you should.

Sony is not confident in the security of their networks at this time. That should warrant more than just a smug statement from you.

If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

This is rather serious. There is this thing called identify theft. Don't know if you heard of it. Have you? If so, good. If not, then understand that it's rather serious. So serious in fact, that people have spent years sorting out the damages done to their credit. Such damages that could prevent them from getting home loans, financial aid, even employment; it could even lead to their arrest if it goes unchecked.

I am not saying this is not serious, but the thread title and "information" in the third post are still wrong. There is no evidence so far (officially) that the informations were stolen.

Not to mention that this is still the wrong place for the thread and that some other, similar threads, were already closed.

All things aside, Sony's business practices are among the most ruthless of our day. As much as I hate being on the loosing end of this PSN downtime, I think its good that someone is reminding Sony that they have to be careful how they treat people. Sony has always had the attitude that anyone against them, Sony will just stomp out of existence.

Sony is not confident in the security of their networks at this time. That should warrant more than just a smug statement from you.
I must have missed the memo where "we're not sure what exactly has been done" is directly equivalent to "you might as well just kill yourself because hackers have stolen all of your information and you can't do anything about it."

Also, wrong section, and there is already a thread on PSN in the proper one.

I wonder if people realize there are places outside of the GT5 forum?

There have been what, eighteen threads about the same damn thing in what, one day alone? :lol:

I wonder if people realize there are places outside of the GT5 forum?

Don't tell them that!! No need for the virus to spread to other parts!
In other news, I'm not too concerned, Its easy enough to cancel a credit card and your name and address is nothing that isnt hard to find in this day and age.
I just hope it comes back stronger and faster, rather than relying on mouses running in wheels.

Exactly why I use PSN cards and XBox cards. Buy them at a discount from Amazon or locally and key them in.

I was told long ago not to give MS or Sony my CC info on the console.

The mods of this site should put a LINK to the PLAYSTATION blog so everyone can get this helpful information, everyone should just stop telling "hey, this is not the place for this thread". This people are just trying to help others... Don't try to be smart.

skyfalling.jpg
The mods of this site should put a LINK to the PLAYSTATION blog so everyone can get this helpful information, everyone should just stop telling "hey, this is not the place for this thread". This people are just trying to help others... Don't try to be smart.

They did. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201538

Grossly sensationalizing news stories to inspire a reaction doesn't help anybody.

This is not a GT5 issue, its a PSN issue, which is found in the Console's section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back