Spa 30 Lap Multi-class Endurance IIFull 

• Thread starter Tesla
  • 104 comments
Sorry, I have a race very shortly which I'm getting in some practise for. Another time, though :)

Did a little bit of practice since i missed this morning's practice. In my Pescarolo i made a time of 2:05:813 with Racing Hard and as of now i am consistent in 2:06 times but getting in the 2:05's will require work and/or slipstream.

I also have a few questions
What level will fuel and tire depletion be at, normal or fast?
How high will weather changeability be so i know how much rain practice to do?

Did a little bit of practice since i missed this morning's practice. In my Pescarolo i made a time of 2:05:813 with Racing Hard and as of now i am consistent in 2:06 times but getting in the 2:05's will require work and/or slipstream.

I also have a few questions
What level will fuel and tire depletion be at, normal or fast?
How high will weather changeability be so i know how much rain practice to do?

I've copied this straight from the original thread:

The Spa 30 is a Multi-Class endurance event, which, as the name may imply, is 30-laps of the Spa Francorchamps circuit(with time change, for that endurance feel)

The regulations will welcome cars from LMP's to "GTE" cars(This will include Touring Cars, Super GT, GT3 cars, RM's, and personal racecars built from street cars)

REGS
650 horsepower limit
800kg minimum
No Skid Recovery Force
No Active Steering
Minimum of 2 PIT STOPS during the race
Maximum of 2 cars per team

RACE SETTINGS
30 laps
Practice/Qualifying/Race
Heavy Damage
Tire Wear/Fuel Depletion
Real Slipstream
Time Change

For the time change I've had it on 11 in my practice rooms, tyre/fuel depletion normal and weather fixed to dry.

I say go with those settings, if everyone is in agreement. Maybe we should set the time change to something that will give us a whole 24 hours of a day in the short race. I think the race will be just over an hour, judging by people's practise times, so somewhere in the region of 24 should do it - 24 game hours for every hour passed IRL.

Guys?

I say go with those settings, if everyone is in agreement. Maybe we should set the time change to something that will give us a whole 24 hours of a day in the short race. I think the race will be just over an hour, judging by people's practise times, so somewhere in the region of 24 should do it - 24 game hours for every hour passed IRL.

Guys?
I agree with a 24 hour time lapse, it'll add a bit more fun to the races cause SPA at night is awesome and challenging

Guys?

I think that's a great idea :) Agreed

If this event is a success (I'm sure it will be) are any of you interested in making it into a Championship using the same regs/race settings/race length/classes/race time??

Just a thought. Could race circuits such as Bathurst, Brands and Silverstone?

What do you think?

Hi Wrench_Monkey and aboe, can I add you guys (and others for practice if you don't mind) in anticipation of either of you two hosting the race?

Of course :)

If this event is a success (I'm sure it will be) are any of you interested in making it into a Championship using the same regs/race settings/race length/classes/race time??

Just a thought. Could race circuits such as Bathurst, Brands and Silverstone?

What do you think?

Well, yeh, as an idea I think it could work, but it depends on lots of things. Two of the most important things for me, personally, when taking part in a series are:

- the balance of the cars: atm, the HSV will smoke everything in the GTE class and the C60 will do the same in the LMP class. Having a set PP or bhp/kg limit for each class could work, but testing would need to be done to see which cars should be banned/allowed etc. Unfortunately, atm, I just don't think having GT3 alongside SuperGT alongside DTM is going to work as far as having a balanced field of cars is concerned - under the current regs the SuperGT's will beat everything, followed by some of the DTM's, and then the GT3's. The PP system is something that PD need to fix, though... once they have then a multi-group series is something that serious thought can be given to;

- the number of people taking part each week/fortnight etc: I've already been in a number of series which look cool to start off with, and have decent numbers, but which struggle to maintain those number throughout an entire season and which have unbalanced cars, so a decent foundation of guys/gals who want to race every so often (personal commitments accounted for), for me, is important when thinking about committing to a series.

I think let's see how this one-off / spot race concept goes and take it from there...?
But what do you guys think?

Of course :)

Well, yeh, as an idea I think it could work, but it depends on lots of things. Two of the most important things for me, personally, when taking part in a series are:

- the balance of the cars: atm, the HSV will smoke everything in the GTE class and the C60 will do the same in the LMP class. Having a set PP or bhp/kg limit for each class could work, but testing would need to be done to see which cars should be banned/allowed etc. Unfortunately, atm, I just don't think having GT3 alongside SuperGT alongside DTM is going to work as far as having a balanced field of cars is concerned - under the current regs the SuperGT's will beat everything, followed by some of the DTM's, and then the GT3's. The PP system is something that PD need to fix, though... once they have then a multi-group series is something that serious thought can be given to;

- the number of people taking part each week/fortnight etc: I've already been in a number of series which look cool to start off with, and have decent numbers, but which struggle to maintain those number throughout an entire season and which have unbalanced cars, so a decent foundation of guys/gals who want to race every so often (personal commitments accounted for), for me, is important when thinking about committing to a series.

I think let's see how this one-off / spot race concept goes and take it from there...?
But what do you guys think?

All very good points :) would take some work!

Practice room now open if anyone interested.

ID 1472 6118 4259 7714 4174

Last edited:
Ok is the GT6 server having problems at the moment because I keep loosing my connection in my practice room and its not my internet?!! I haven't had any problems like this before?

This is going to ruin my race tomorrow :(

If anyone else is having trouble please let me know.

Ok is the GT6 server having problems at the moment because I keep loosing my connection in my practice room and its not my internet?!! I haven't had any problems like this before?

This is going to ruin my race tomorrow :(

If anyone else is having trouble please let me know.

Still having problems mate?

Will still be setting up a room tonight, hopefully all is well...

OK guys, I was up and not doing anything so I've decided to open a lobby. It doesn't have to be the race room, but it's setup to regs if it needs to be. I just thought the earlier it's open, perhaps the more stable it'll be... knowing GT6 though...

Anyway, room number:

1472-6681-3158-0099-6142

And REMEMBER: damage is on HEAVY, so try to be patient in the race :)

Back