!SPECIAL EVENT! Mitsubishi vs Subaru. Fuji International Speedway. Won by Team Mitsubishi.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 180 comments
Practice? Tuning?!?!

What track is this race at again?!?
I only realized we had tuning recently. Decided I needed to see if I could do anything to improve the car a bit so I would hopefully not get lapped.:D

Working on it. Then went to race A for fun. Really going to struggle to crack below 37s for me right now.

I only realized we had tuning recently. Decided I needed to see if I could do anything to improve the car a bit so I would hopefully not get lapped.:D

Working on it. Then went to race A for fun. Really going to struggle to crack below 37s for me right now.
It's a bit twitchy, but I'd suggest having a look at this one by Praiano.

Livery finally all sorted for Saturday. Initially wasn't too sure what to do without going down the more obvious routes for Subaru liveries (no issue with that of course :)). However, I had an idea fuelled by a bit of nostalgia, as I've liked recreating the original liveries of past GT's on newer cars, and I remembered one of the first cars I race modified on GT2 was the Legacy Touring Wagon, so decided to base it's race mod for my livery.

-R-Subaru_LEGACY_Touring_Wagon_GT-B_'96.jpg

20200813022328.jpg
20200813022320.jpg

As for the practice so far, it's gone pretty well. I find Fuji is a really nice track to get into a rhythm with, and the "Subie" drives very nicely. Might need to fiddle with setup still, not done too much at the moment other than reduce camber and toe, primarily to aid race performance more than overall speed. Will definitely try Praiano's tune for when I do some practice later.

Last edited:
Livery finally all sorted for Saturday. Initially wasn't too sure what to do without going down the more obvious routes for Subaru liveries (no issue with that of course :)). However, I had an idea fuelled by a bit of nostalgia, as I've liked recreating the original liveries of past GT's on newer cars, and I remembered one of the first cars I race modified on GT2 was the Legacy Touring Wagon, so decided to base it's race mod for my livery.

View attachment 949016 View attachment 949015

As for the practice so far, it's gone pretty well. I find Fuji is a really nice track to get into a rhythm with, and the "Subie" drives very nicely. Might need to fiddle with setup still, not done too much at the moment other than reduce camber and toe, primarily to aid race performance more than overall speed. Will definitely try Praiano's tune for some when on do some practice later.

Very nice!!

I'll have a practice lobby open at some point later this evening/tonight. Not 100% what time. But, I'll keep everyone posted.

View attachment 949016 View attachment 949015

As for the practice so far, it's gone pretty well. I find Fuji is a really nice track to get into a rhythm with, and the "Subie" drives very nicely. Might need to fiddle with setup still, not done too much at the moment other than reduce camber and toe, primarily to aid race performance more than overall speed. Will definitely try Praiano's tune for some when on I do some practice later.
Definitely go for @praiano63 tune. I switched to that and was dropping plenty of time. I was headed in the right way but hadn't gone nearly far enough. Still need to tighten up the thing a touch more but it definitely has the turn in I was missing.

Apologies. Practice lobby opening soon. Had to completely reset my broadband.

Edit. Lobby number 0475-4298-1869-2375-2516

Last edited:
Roll call, and quali update.

@Pigems @racefan88 @Kermit_2142 @Raptor013 @R_Goldstreiff @VulcanSpirit @GT5Apex @Drex124 @Groundfish @Redneckchef @GTP_Guido @MaxAttack @Philtaylor17 @Adam Barber @Michelin Man

We all still good to go?

Now for the final quali procedure.

Practice will count as quali, and should set the grid without issue. General practice will run from 20:45 UK time. It will count as quali from 21:00, to 21:15.

Main reason for doing things this way, is that it will allow you to start the race on whichever tyres you finish practice with. Without any glitches from a dedicated quali session.

Only thing I would say, is DO NOT exit the the track once you've registered your fastest lap. If you need to switch tyre compound, do so by entering the pits.

Roll call, and quali update.

@Pigems @racefan88 @Kermit_2142 @Raptor013 @R_Goldstreiff @VulcanSpirit @GT5Apex @Drex124 @Groundfish @Redneckchef @GTP_Guido @MaxAttack @Philtaylor17 @Adam Barber @Michelin Man

We all still good to go?

Now for the final quali procedure.

Practice will count as quali, and should set the grid without issue. General practice will run from 20:45 UK time. It will count as quali from 21:00, to 21:15.

Main reason for doing things this way, is that it will allow you to start the race on whichever tyres you finish practice with. Without any glitches from a dedicated quali session.

Only thing I would say, is DO NOT exit the the track once you've registered your fastest lap. If you need to switch tyre compound, do so by entering the pits.
All clear to go. 👍

Apologies for not attending this afternoon's practice session, but I'll hopefully get some running later. Still unsure about what suspension settings to use so will try the tune that @Pigems shared.

Back