SPEED channel is now Fox Sports 1

• Thread starter Earth
  • 370 comments
Are you serious? That's the main guy that does all the mispronounciations, getting names wrong (no matter if its indycar or NASCAR) and overreacts to the slightest thing (like when he somehow thought AJ was having a problem when he was slowing for a corner, like every other driver does :dunce:).

Why the hell would you want him? I'll take a thick drawl over someone who can't seem to remember half the fields names most of the time outside of Busch, Keseloski and anyone that races for Gibbs or Penske.

Marty Smith is a journalist. He does interviews (not pit road interviews), not color commentary.

Marty Smith is a journalist. He does interviews (not pit road interviews), not color commentary.

My mistake then, I somehow got him mixed up with Marty Reid (doesn't help that I don't see him pretty often).

You can't exactly expect me to remember a lot of positive things about a sports network I hate, can you? :P

FOX Sports 2 is supposed to air a NASCAR Modified race later today around Bristol in addition to the FOX Sports 1 NASCAR Trucks race at Bristol. FS2 is not in my lineup, so I'll miss out on seeing the Modified drivers take on Bristol.

The Dish Anywhere app is still showing the channel label as "SPEED". :(

FS2 is/was Fuel TV.

I still have the Speed App on my phone. Despite that it may not even work anymore, I don't even want to get rid of it:indiff:

Well anyone who is a fan of ALMS can view the GP of Baltimore on ABC at 12:00 EDT on Spetember 1st. :sly:

The V8's will be on FS2 according to my Directv guide.The Winton round (this weekend) will be shown Sunday 9/1 @ 11am est.

I have the sneaking suspicion that Dana White (Mr. UFC) had a lot to do with the death of SPEED. Fox Sports Network still has several sports channels scattered around the channel listing.

I have the sneaking suspicion that Dana White (Mr. UFC) had a lot to do with the death of SPEED. Fox Sports Network still has several sports channels scattered around the channel listing.

Now that you mention it, UFC has suddenly started being more promoted then the other sports ever since both FS1 and FS2 have come about.

Fox Sports Network still has several sports channels scattered around the channel listing.

FSN is a regional channel, that's not going to change any time soon.

Now that you mention it, UFC has suddenly started being more promoted then the other sports ever since both FS1 and FS2 have come about.

Currently they have NASCAR, UFC and their own crappy shows for programming, which means very little variety in commercials. I'd imagine once they get MLB and some other sports on the network there will be more variety. On that note, Fox Sports Live is terrible, probably some of the worst transitions I've ever seen, plus the hosts are awful.:yuck:

FSN is a regional channel, that's not going to change any time soon.

Currently they have NASCAR, UFC and their own crappy shows for programming, which means very little variety in commercials. I'd imagine once they get MLB and some other sports on the network there will be more variety. On that note, Fox Sports Live is terrible, probably some of the worst transitions I've ever seen, plus the hosts are awful.:yuck:

There was a crap load of "soccer" on today. It was very disheartening to not see NASCAR practice or a race replay today :(

I love Fox Sports Live. The Canadian guys are great. Not a fan of their panel though.

That is the one saving grace for FS1, the fact that they got Jay and Dan from TSN actually makes me want to watch the network for anything besides NASCAR

I never liked Jay and Dan, but that's probably my anti-TSN bias talking.

Of course, I always watched The Score, and they get bought out by Rogers and turned into "Sportsnet 360"

Tim and Sid > Jay and Dan.

I was cool with speed TV being Fox Sports 1, and Fuel TV being Fox Sports 2, but I'm very upset about us losing the speedtv website. There's no reason to take that off the web. The Fox blog is absolute bull:censored: compared to speedtv.com. Speed2.com is still there so I don't understand why we couldn't keep speedtv.com

I've been cool with FOX Sports 1 myself. My only problem in all of this is... did you REALLY have to kill off Speed Channel (and FUEL TV) to make it happen? That's why Speed fans are up in arms against basically Speed Channel being a sacrifice to make FOX Sports 1 happen. It's a bloody shame, I tell ye what.

And as for the "SPEED: The Motors on FOX Blog," wow. It almost feels like Speed Channel was killed off so that no one can have any sort of recollection of Speed Channel or never mention Speed ever again.

High school football has no business being on tv.

This exactly.

I have nothing agains high school football and I go to all my school's games.

But there is NO point to have it on TV.

It's not like you can ever follow a season because they never show enough games.

The players most often are nothing worth watching in any form or fashion.

There are many more things I'd rather watch on a sports channel than High School football.

And the fact that this is what has been made of Speed makes me want to show the double birdie to Fox. Appalling.

It has now been one full week since Speed Channel died and became reborn as FOX Sports 1. Many of us racing fans and car lovers just felt displaced since there is no more dedicated motorsports channel. How has your life changed since Speed's slaying and FS1's takeover?

As far as I'm concerned, I just hate Speed had to be cut just to make FS1 happen. What? Was Speed Channel a potential long-term financial liability that it was worth cutting Speed to make FS1 happen? I even said on Twitter that Speed to FS1 was like getting urinated on with the middle finger being pointed at you to us motorsports fans. It is still a ludicrous shame even one week later. FS1 as a separate channel with Speed left alone- I'd be happy. But cutting Speed or rebranding Speed as FS1- no me gusta.

This all could have been handled much better. Sadly, greed and money clouded FOX's vision. Epic fail... and a damned shame.

I don't have a problem with high school football being on tv, but they could have showed it on one of the 3 Fox College Sports channels. Those channels were showing repeats of college hockey and basketball games from 6-8 months ago. Or better yet they could have changed one of those into FS1 and left Speed alone.

FOX Sports 1 still showing the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series as well as the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. The channel still doesn't feel the same back like with Speed Channel, but it's still good to know motorsports fans are still accounted for on FS1. But for how much longer is the real question. Maybe I'm thinking too much about FS1 being the slow, methodical death of Speed Channel. Almost as if this channel will eventually sap out any and all memories of Speed to where it is almost basically FOX's ESPN.

FOX Sports 1 still showing the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series as well as the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. The channel still doesn't feel the same back like with Speed Channel, but it's still good to know motorsports fans are still accounted for on FS1. But for how much longer is the real question. Maybe I'm thinking too much about FS1 being the slow, methodical death of Speed Channel. Almost as if this channel will eventually sap out any and all memories of Speed to where it is almost basically FOX's ESPN.

I honestly feel that's pretty much whats happening for the rest of 2013. They'll just finish out Speed's 2013 quota and afterwards, its all Fox Sports From here. I'm honestly surprised that I even see about 5 consectcutive hours worth of Motorsports today (included the K&N Pro Series, which I honestly thought was done for good).

Latest Posts

Back