Speedster's Gallery // July-October

:lol: Awesome title! I actually really dig these. There is a bit of softness to some of them due to the longer shutter speeds but for example the first shot really works well. I think it's the vibrant colours and sense of motion that makes up for it really quite well. One of the shots that really struck me is #5. I really dig the angle that it was shot from 👍

Ha, I knew some people would appreciate it :P Cheers for the comment, maybe I was a bit harsh on set as it's not something I would usually try. But heck, if they are popular maybe I should do more of them whilst still doing the ordinary kind of motorsport shots at the same time.

Me thinks you don't really need my attention. I commented on a few on your Flickr, and I think some of your stronger shots were shown there and not here. I do like the first shot very much though. And #5 does have an interesting vantage point, I agree.

Ha, I do. That always seems to be the case actually, I tend to post ones which aren't as good as the ones on Flickr, but that's the beauty of having Flickr Pro now, it means I can upload a considerable amount now so people can have a better look if they want. Last weekend I went back to #5's shooting angle although it was slightly more difficult to get a similar effect...more on that later. But thanks for your comment! I appreciate it!

Woah, I REALLY like the slower shutter speeds you've used in some photos. It gives your shots a nice unique style and makes them stand out a mile. I'd hang some of those on my wall, especially this one which is the best piece of photography I've seen for a long time;

Excellent work 👍

Cheers Lloyd, I really appreciate it especially the 'best piece of photography I've seen for a long time' bit, it really means a lot! Thanks again 👍

Cadwell Park - Modified Live - The Drifters

I thought I'd split the Modified Live into two updates, one being focused on the European Drifting Championship the other focusing on the Time Attack Championship. Just for those to understand I didn't visit this particular event for the actual 'Modified' element of it, I visited it because it's the biggest event to come to Cadwell Park that isn't motorbikes. So I pretty much had too. That said, it was a great event (if you ignored the hideous car show), some very friendly teams and some superb machinery was racing. This update shows the EDC, I got quite into these guys infact it's encouraged me to visit more drifting events across the next couple of years. It's certainly more interesting than I expected. However I had a issue with Cadwell that I've never had before. People. Lots and lots of people.

Cadwell isn't a massive track, the EDC only ran a shortened circuit drifting the Hall Bends section of the track. So everyone crowded around, you literally had to grab a sport way before the EDC started to be front row so to speak. So, most these shots were from the same-ish angle. Anyway, there are more drifting photos on my Flickr, feel free to check them out.

Also, sorry about the watermark. I think I may have overdone it a bit in terms of size, and possibly not being transparent enough. But it's something I've been thinking about doing for awhile due to particular websites using my photographs without direct credit, or even asking (several loan websites for some reason...) but it's become neccessary, I think.

Finally, apologies in advance for the jaunty angles. They somewhat seemed to fit at the time, maybe not so much now.

Full Set

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

7#

:drool: Best set yet! You've got the panning down packed well here 👍 Apart from #1 which I've already commented on in the comp thread, I totally dig #5 & #6. I dig the slightly old style of shot 3 although this processing technique would probably suite the AE86 car a little better.

:drool: Best set yet! You've got the panning down packed well here 👍 Apart from #1 which I've already commented on in the comp thread, I totally dig #5 & #6. I dig the slightly old style of shot 3 although this processing technique would probably suite the AE86 car a little better.

Cheers Achilles, I really appreciate it! I really enjoyed taking the photo's of the drifters, something about it really grabbed my interest, despite me pre-event not being all that interested. I'll have to try out the processing technique on the Toyota Soarer drifter. :) Thanks again for the comment!

Hey there, Adam! Long time no see. :)

Woah, haven't been here in a while, I have to say that I have just seen your entire gallery, and it's really great to see how well you've evolved in your photography, just getting better and better. 👍

Really loving a lot of them, too many to list now. Plus, I'm really digging your PP. Mostly subtle, but still very moody/vibrant, according to whatever subject and location you have at that moment to work with.
What software do you usually work with?

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, especially now that I've just got my 1st DSLR camera, and want to learn as much as possible with anyone that has more experience than me with them.

Cheers, buddy! :)

Hey there, Adam! Long time no see. :)

Woah, haven't been here in a while, I have to say that I have just seen your entire gallery, and it's really great to see how well you've evolved in your photography, just getting better and better. 👍

Really loving a lot of them, too many to list now. Plus, I'm really digging your PP. Mostly subtle, but still very moody/vibrant, according to whatever subject and location you have at that moment to work with.
What software do you usually work with?

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, especially now that I've just got my 1st DSLR camera, and want to learn as much as possible with anyone that has more experience than me with them.

Cheers, buddy! :)

Hey man! Good to see you around these parts it's been some time. Thanks for the compliments it's much appreciated. 👍 I use Photoshop CS2 for all of my editing (including the RAW stuff). And good luck with the DSLR it'll be great to see what you can do!

I realised today that I never actually posted the second half of the Modified Live event. Luckily, I can fix that pretty easily.

I don't have much to say about this update actually, apart from I really enjoyed the day which might be reflected in the photos. In other news, I'm looking to going to Cadwell Park this weekend for perhaps my last event at Cadder's this season which is a shame but the rest of the calendar is bikes which I'm not so keen on shooting.

Another major-ish thing, is that I kinda. Well I did. Shoot a wedding. It was a friends wedding and they used me as a official photographer. All I can say is MOST STRESSFUL THING EVER. Overall, I think it went ok. Although they haven't seen them yet so that could all change. In all serious-ness once it got underway it was kind of fun. Sometimes, apart from group shots. They are just a pain.

Anyway, cars. :)

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

Full Set Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/sets/72157624665110186/with/4865179745/

C&C Welcome as per usual.

Enjoy.

Awesome photos Speedster, lovely panning :bowdown: :drool:

Cadwell park and cars, madness :D Such a cool track, hopefully once i get a bike I can head up there for some fun :D

Also, not keen on shooting bikes ? :(

Epic photos again 👍

Kelv

Oh hai.

I always like your "dark" style. And I agree, Cadwell is indeed awesome. Mm. I think I like the Evo shot of it going over the hill into the darkness the best. Though...I also like the orange/black Evo.

Oh and "Cool Down" from your Flickr. I really like that.

He said he might go, to me. So just keep telling him he "has to do it" and you could probably guilt him into it.

There is something about #2 that I really dig. The Evo in #4 is my favorite of the bunch though. And the last shot of the celebration is stunning. I agree with Chris that the darker style really works.

the orange EVO is by far your strongest shot of the entire set. I also like the blue 944 and, from the Flick, the Metro B/W pic and the flaming Lotus, which is the most speedy pan shot you've got. It really shows movement.

All very very nice, pretty impressive panning 👍

Go to Cadwell Park and get some shots of the bikes jumping off The Mountain or I'll kill a bunny ;)

Will you be able to post any of the wedding shots?

Awesome photos Speedster, lovely panning :bowdown: :drool:

Cadwell park and cars, madness :D Such a cool track, hopefully once i get a bike I can head up there for some fun :D

Epic photos again 👍

Kelv

Cheers Kelv, it is a superb track. I seriously suggest anyone that has the chance to go check it out, so many angles. And such a refreshing change from most modern tracks with high tracks. It's such a peroid circuit, I really want to some classic cars go round there at some point.

And I guess I'm not, I may give it a go later on this year (although Cadwell's calendar is pretty much finished other than bike events so I may have no choice). But I'll see if I can get myself up there.

Thanks again!

Oh hai.

I always like your "dark" style. And I agree, Cadwell is indeed awesome. Mm. I think I like the Evo shot of it going over the hill into the darkness the best. Though...I also like the orange/black Evo.

Oh and "Cool Down" from your Flickr. I really like that.

He said he might go, to me. So just keep telling him he "has to do it" and you could probably guilt him into it.

Hai :P Thanks, I've not noticed my dark style before it's just something which I've gotten into the habit of doing, I guess. I'm glad you guys are feeling the love for Cadwell. Thanks for commenting Chris!

And yes, guilt is probably the best way to get me to do it. :P

Dayum! Your motorsports game has seriously improved over these last couple of updates. I'm really really jealous.

Cheers Tom, although your motorsport shots are really good too! But I kind of feel I've improved, a tad anyway. :lol:

There is something about #2 that I really dig. The Evo in #4 is my favorite of the bunch though. And the last shot of the celebration is stunning. I agree with Chris that the darker style really works.

Thanks for dropping by Achilles, I must admit I really like #2's angle too. Infact I went back to Cadwell at the beginning of the month for a MG Car Club Championship and I may have reused the angle. But I can't remember. Glad you like the darker style too. 👍

the orange EVO is by far your strongest shot of the entire set. I also like the blue 944 and, from the Flick, the Metro B/W pic and the flaming Lotus, which is the most speedy pan shot you've got. It really shows movement.

Nice to see you around Cano, it's much appreciated. I really wanted to try stuff I hadn't done before at Modified Live and I think I achieved it. I was really pleased with the wide angle panned shots like the 944. And which flaming Lotus, I think I uploaded two! Thanks again Cano. 👍

All very very nice, pretty impressive panning 👍

Go to Cadwell Park and get some shots of the bikes jumping off The Mountain or I'll kill a bunny ;)

Will you be able to post any of the wedding shots?

Thanks very much Neal! You'd be surprised you can't particularly near 'The Mountain' due to stupid way they set up the fences in that part of the track only allowing the professional media accredited people to get the right side of the track to get them air bourne, sadly. But I've found some more interesting angles for The Mountain recently which I'll be showing soon. 👍

And I'm not sure concerning the wedding photographs, time will tell I guess. They seemed relatively happy with them, I usually hate blaming equipment for imperfections as I believe you can take decent photographs with pretty much anything. However, my camera showed it's age in terms of sensor technology and I really felt like I needed a external flash just to up the shutter speed. Quite a lot of the inside photographs turned out blurry which was a shame. Anyway thanks for your comment! 👍

I thought I'd take a break from motorsport for a brief while, I was on holiday in August (in Cornwall) and took my camera. Here's a selection of shots I took across the two weeks. More can be found on my Flickr as per usual. 👍

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

Full Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/sets/72157624919397482/with/5001818451/

C&C welcome as per usual!

Enjoy.

EPIC! That is all.

Oh all right, I will make further comment. Very nice set 👍 The bird is tack sharp, the honey comb is an interesting and almost abstract shot. The b&w shot names Polperro on your flickr set is awesome as well (I really dig that one). But the two quoted above.... all win!

EPIC! That is all.

Oh all right, I will make further comment. Very nice set 👍 The bird is tack sharp, the honey comb is an interesting and almost abstract shot. The b&w shot names Polperro on your flickr set is awesome as well (I really dig that one). But the two quoted above.... all win!

Cheers Achilles! Glad you like them!

I realise this update is just over a month late, but that's beside the point. It's again a case of I wasn't that pleased with the set in general. I took a lot of images but none of them really stood out to me, well I lie maybe a couple stood out but only because they were new angles to me.

Yet again, this update is coming a week before (hopefully) another motorsport event. I'm hoping to attend Modified Live at Snetterton, which could be interesting. I've never been to Snetterton before so it might be nice to see a different track compared to the norm of Cadwell.

The rest of my plans this year? Well after this Modified Live event I've possibly got one more chance of seeing some motorsport (Santa Pod) and then that's it for the year sadly. I've got a couple of motor shows I'm lining up for the winter but that's it. I'd like to do some rallies actually, but finding them is actually quite difficult.

Anyway, back to this event. This meet was the MG Car Club Late Summer Race Meeting, I actually went to the event with a newbie photographer so I guess that meant I was willing to try some different stuff. Oh and using the kit lens for quite a lot of shots as well, just to be different. On to the photos!

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

7#

8#

9#

Full Set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/sets/72157624894505912/with/4965309438/

Enjoy!

I wish Mexico had beautiful tracks like everywhere else in the world. But no, they suck. #s 1 and 2 of the MGB set are amazing and FAST.

off your vacation set the boats picture could very absolutely totally be a post card you bought at a local souvenir shop for a buck. it speaks VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLUMES of where you were and that, my friend, is sometimes a very difficult thing to achieve. You nailed it. Of course the place helps a lot, but I can absolutely tell how was your vacation and what kind of place is that just by looking at your picture. Powerful. The bird is epic.

Really like your holiday shots, they all look pretty sweet. For me particularly the the rock shot #1 and #5 the flowing water looks awesome. :dopey:

Out of the newer set I find myself really digging number 7, even though the car is not the focus of it. I guess the track being the focus really makes it different as of course most shots the car is the focus.

And the light and low angle looks cool but really all of them are pretty darn good Adam. 👍

GPR
Out of the newer set I find myself really digging number 7, even though the car is not the focus of it. I guess the track being the focus really makes it different as of course most shots the car is the focus.
I thought he same thing but didn't have a chance to post before I had to run out the door to (American) football. And then forgot when I came back home. :dunce:

As usual, your panning is spot on, Adam but #7 seems... special like GPR said. I think it's the combination of the out of focus and desaturated look in amongst all the pin-sharp and slightly oversaturated that makes it stand out. 👍

^ What they said :)

Love number 7, the angle of number 3 is interesting and great panning 👍

I wish Mexico had beautiful tracks like everywhere else in the world. But no, they suck. #s 1 and 2 of the MGB set are amazing and FAST.

off your vacation set the boats picture could very absolutely totally be a post card you bought at a local souvenir shop for a buck. it speaks VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLUMES of where you were and that, my friend, is sometimes a very difficult thing to achieve. You nailed it. Of course the place helps a lot, but I can absolutely tell how was your vacation and what kind of place is that just by looking at your picture. Powerful. The bird is epic.

Haha, I'm very lucky with living in the UK as a motorsport fan. We're rarely over a 2 hour drive from a racing track. Some are boring, but we have some lovely classic ones like Cadwell, Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, Castle Combe, of course we have all the rallying stuff too.

Thanks for the comments regarding the shots, especially the holiday ones. It's really appreciated!

GPR
Really like your holiday shots, they all look pretty sweet. For me particularly the the rock shot #1 and #5 the flowing water looks awesome. :dopey:

And the light and low angle looks cool but really all of them are pretty darn good Adam. 👍

Thanks, regarding both comments! Glad people like #7 it was a marmite one that I wanted to include but wasn't sure how it would be recieved.

TB
I thought he same thing but didn't have a chance to post before I had to run out the door to (American) football. And then forgot when I came back home. :dunce:

As usual, your panning is spot on, Adam but #7 seems... special like GPR said. I think it's the combination of the out of focus and desaturated look in amongst all the pin-sharp and slightly oversaturated that makes it stand out. 👍

Cheers TB, I guess it does stand out from the rest in terms of colours. And the fact it isn't a panning shot :dopey: But the comment is much appreciated!

^ What they said :)

Love number 7, the angle of number 3 is interesting and great panning 👍

Hehe, thanks Neal :)

The drifter set absolutely rock!

Cheers!

Modified Live - Part Two!

So last weekend, I headed down to Snetterton in Norfolk for the 'End of Year Finale' of the Time Attack and European Drifting Championship. I wasn't expecting much in terms of track based action, simply because Snetterton isn't the most exciting track in terms of layout, a lot of long straights a couple of corners towards the latter part of the track. The most interesting elements of the day was seeing the Demonstration Runs and various other activities which were going on in Paddock.

Onto the photo's, I personally think this set is a bit weak. Perhaps due to the infamilarity of the track, and the fact the conditions were set against us caused some of the photographs to only be average-ly interesting. I had the same probelm as Silverstone too, I couldn't get zoomed in enough, well not compared to Cadwell anyway. Back to the lighting issue, although having lovely sunny weather it's the time of year where the sun sits low in the sky meaning I was fighting a impossible battle. Anyway. I'll let you guys judge.

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

7#

8#

9#

10#

Full set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/sets/72157625032738827/with/5079046908/

Enjoy.

Or atleast try too.

Are there like constant track events in England or something? Nice shots though, #9 is my favorite with 1 and 5 right behind it.

My favourite has to be the third shot.

Cheers TVR.

Are there like constant track events in England or something? Nice shots though, #9 is my favorite with 1 and 5 right behind it.

Haha, well funnily enough it pretty much is like that, we have tonnes of tracks in the UK too, thus we have lots of championships/clubs. Which is good! Although the motorsport season is dying down now so we won't have anything until next year. Thanks for the comments on the shots, it's much appreciated!

GPR
Yeah number #1 has great compo. But I love #3 the best.

Getting better with every round Adam. 👍 I'm really digging this processing style aswell.

Cheers guys. It's much appreciated.

Cadwell Park - Endurance Bike Championships

I can safely say this is probably my last event of the year, unless something else comes up. I’ve had a pretty good year in terms of event coverage, starting the year with Historic Touring Cars, FIA GT, 750 Motor Club Championships, Modified Live at both Cadwell Park and Snetterton, MG Late Summer Car Club Meet and of course this final event. My only regret this year is that I wish I started a bit earlier in terms of events instead of April. I can do better.

I decided to finish the year on some motorbikes; it has been quite some time since I've done a bike event. Well, I never have. Last time I did bikes was a track day; ironically it was my first ever visit to Cadwell Park. I really wanted to give bikes another shot, it’s something I don’t feel particularly confident about and it’s not a bad thing to gather experience even if I’m not as keen on them as cars.

I went with a friend to the Endurance Bike Championships, I'd never heard of the championship or really had any idea what kind of bikes would be competing. Weather forecast was to rain, luckily it didn't we just got fog and a really overcast day. But it made shooting difficult in the dull/dark weather I had to do a mixture of increasing the ISO beyond my usual levels and shooting on slightly quicker shutter speeds, which I didn’t entirely appreciate. One thing I did do on the day was wander around the whole track, there were previously a couple of spots at Cadwell I hadn’t checked out before so thought this was the ideal time to do so seeming I wasn’t that interested in the racing that was going on.

I don't think I took anything special on the day, and it's not my best work from this year. But I wanted to try bikes again, so it was worth it in that aspect.

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

7#

8#

9#

EDIT: I forgot to link the full set. So here it is; http://www.flickr.com/photos/foofighter502/sets/72157625201806647/

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I must say Adam, your work has gotten so phenomenally better since you started out. The lighting and exposure on all of the images is just so good, it's something I can learn a great deal of 👍

I just hope your SG hasn't suffered from it :P

Back