Speedster's Gallery // July-October

Ah yeah, should be interesting to see what you get. I too heard about most of Donington being shut off (more the latter half of the circuit from what I've read on various photography/motorsport forums). Hope you have fun anyway!

aaah! I haven't visited this thread in a while, and look at what I'm missing. The set from Silverstone is very neat, I particularly like the last Aston and the yellow Mexico (natch), so many horizontal lines give a really hard sensation of speed.

As for the "behind the trees" shots, I've always wanted to try something like that but I haven't found a track with such conditions. They look pretty cool too.

Love your latest Update,Excellent Composition .My Favorite will have to be the First and last Shots .Brilliant Stuff mate :eek:

Which I would love to get on My PC Wallpaper Folder If you can of course.

Love #6 of the most recent set. Not sure about the logo, but I can't think up any better so maybe I shouldn't criticise?

Cheers, a lot of people seem to be liking that one from some of the other forums I've posted on. The logo is really just there to be something than the usual 'Adam Pigott Copyright' thing that most people do. Might change it at some point, but at the moment I quite like it.

aaah! I haven't visited this thread in a while, and look at what I'm missing. The set from Silverstone is very neat, I particularly like the last Aston and the yellow Mexico (natch), so many horizontal lines give a really hard sensation of speed.

As for the "behind the trees" shots, I've always wanted to try something like that but I haven't found a track with such conditions. They look pretty cool too.

Cheers Cano, glad you like the shots from Silverstone. I'm lucky with Cadwell that I have those conditions to use if I'm honest (albeit I only discovered them this year). Definitely going to try and perfect the technique, hopefully I can use it some other tracks later this year.

Love your latest Update,Excellent Composition .My Favorite will have to be the First and last Shots .Brilliant Stuff mate :eek:

Which I would love to get on My PC Wallpaper Folder If you can of course.

Thanks sems4arsenal! If you still want those pictures as wallpaper then give me a PM/visitor message and I'll try and sort them out for you. 👍

Awesome set Adam! Really like the colours in the 1st shot and your panning is flipping amazing :drool: I am jealous :embarrassed:

Amazing work mate :)

Cheers mate, really appreciate the comment. 👍

Was at Snetterton yesterday for the British GT & F3 Championships (more the GT obviously). Had a nice time but not entirely sold on the new layout and I found that finding interesting angles from the spectator areas (around the new section of track) quite difficult. I’m probably missing something blindingly obvious though. That said, was nice seeing the British GT for the first time in two years, and glad the rain (kinda) held off.

Here’s a selection of my stuff, excuse my sensor dust but it seems to be permanently engraved onto my sensor.

For those who are interested more can be found here : Full Set

C&C is welcome.

Enjoy.

Cheers Floats, yeah I noticed them before but in my rush to get them online I decided not to clone them out. If anyone wanted them from publication or whatever then I'd go and clone them out, makes the process easier. That said, I've tried numerous times to clean my sensor of the dust and doesn't seem to disappear which is really annoying.

Also, #11 isn't a marshall it's a bit of fence, the needing space reason was why I didn't end up cropping it. Not really sure why I choose to upload it honestly!

Wow, you're getting very good! Pity, a few potentially awesome shots, can't really be saved with cropping (The SLS shot in particular, you could crop the 458 out but it also needs more track visible infront of the Merc!).

Seems you have a Ferrari bias, all your shots of them came out well! My personal favourites are the Formula Ford, which i'd buy and frame if there wasn't that damn Transit in the background!
The Ginetta shot is superb, only way to improve it would be to catch the car on the overrun (which is an art in itself, first you have to catch the flame, then you have to get the amount of flame just right!)

I look at A LOT of motorsport galleries, both amateur and pro, and although you may not be as technically good as them, there is something about your shots that I love.
I've probably seen hundreds of shots of Ginettas just like #10 over the past few years, but yours really does it for me. Superb, looking forward to more!

Love 11, coming out the end of the bridge... Live near snetterton didn't reliase it was on, though.

Cheers, and that's a shame! Was a great day aside from the slightly dodgy weather.

Wow, you're getting very good! Pity, a few potentially awesome shots, can't really be saved with cropping (The SLS shot in particular, you could crop the 458 out but it also needs more track visible infront of the Merc!).

Seems you have a Ferrari bias, all your shots of them came out well! My personal favourites are the Formula Ford, which i'd buy and frame if there wasn't that damn Transit in the background!
The Ginetta shot is superb, only way to improve it would be to catch the car on the overrun (which is an art in itself, first you have to catch the flame, then you have to get the amount of flame just right!)

I look at A LOT of motorsport galleries, both amateur and pro, and although you may not be as technically good as them, there is something about your shots that I love.
I've probably seen hundreds of shots of Ginettas just like #10 over the past few years, but yours really does it for me. Superb, looking forward to more!

Cheers, really appreciate the in-depth comment. Concerning the SLS shot, and the 'rule' of my space infront of the car I was more experimenting trying to almost disregard the rule a bit to try and come up with something different. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I quite liked it for some reason, but most the time the shots I like everyone else hates!

Your also the first one to spot my slight Ferrari bias, really couldn't help it as the 458 is a incredibly photogenic machine. It is definitely a shame about that van, but sadly I can't control the environments! Funny you should mention the Ginetta on the over-run, I did attempt to do this (this particular shot is taken after a long straight) but none of the cars spat fire all day. Was quite disappointed in that respect.

Really appreciate the comments. 👍

SVX
Really fantastic work Adam! My favourite is number 10.

Cheers SVX, quite a few people seem to be liking that one!

Here's a couple more that I found yesterday and uploaded. Just to try and even the balance a bit more :lol:

Cheers guys!

Awesome...what they ^ said :D:tup:

Cheers Neal, thanks for dropping by. :)

Nice shots Adam 👍

What's the new Snetterton 300 circuit like for viewing?

Thanks, really appreciate it. I'll address the Snett comment in the next section...

Yeah, got any pictures of the new layout or grandstands cause I probably wont go until the touring cars in august.

I'm afraid I didn't get any images of the track itself, a quick Google will come up with the new layout. As for viewing, it's a bit indifferent for me. As a viewer, just wanting to watch the races it's fantastic you can go find a nice spot on the top of a banking and watch the whole race seeing quite a large portion of the circuit without moving anywhere. As a photographer, without media accreditation, it's pretty poor. The high banks are the main problem as there is a massive lack of ground level viewing areas, some of the ones you see in my set which are ground level were taken in areas that I, apparently, wasn't supposed to be in.

There is another banking being created and I'm sure that one will provide another unique angle on the circuit, but it's lost a little bit of the charm the circuit once had. The banks certainly haven't made it look more appealing either!

As for viewing, it's a bit indifferent for me. As a viewer, just wanting to watch the races it's fantastic you can go find a nice spot on the top of a banking and watch the whole race seeing quite a large portion of the circuit without moving anywhere. As a photographer, without media accreditation, it's pretty poor. The high banks are the main problem as there is a massive lack of ground level viewing areas, some of the ones you see in my set which are ground level were taken in areas that I, apparently, wasn't supposed to be in.

There is another banking being created and I'm sure that one will provide another unique angle on the circuit, but it's lost a little bit of the charm the circuit once had. The banks certainly haven't made it look more appealing either!

How hard would it be for you to acquire media accreditation?

My step brother is a keen photographer and i know he's applied for and been granted accreditation for both HSCC and Superleague Formula events in the past, all off the back of having some images published in a small local paper. Some organisations don't even check up on who you say you work for or freelance for.

It's certainly worth looking into. They'll even lend you a natty luminous vest to wear (not to mention the Access All Areas pendant)

Cheers guys for the comments.

How hard would it be for you to acquire media accreditation?

My step brother is a keen photographer and i know he's applied for and been granted accreditation for both HSCC and Superleague Formula events in the past, all off the back of having some images published in a small local paper. Some organisations don't even check up on who you say you work for or freelance for.

It's certainly worth looking into. They'll even lend you a natty luminous vest to wear (not to mention the Access All Areas pendant)

I've tried looking into this before, generally the rule is that you have to been published at least 2 times (magazine, or wherever) and then have a signed letter from whoever you are shooting for...Which is a bit difficult. But depends on the event if they check for stuff, but I generally need to be published before they will even consider making me media, even for club events.

It's almost like a Catch 22 situation, to get published (and actually sell rather than just give) you need to be the other side of the fence. But to be the other side of the fence, you need to be published.

Will try and look into the local papers though, although I don't think any of them tend to focus on anything but bikes. Which, I really didn't enjoy shooting last year.

Will try and look into the local papers though, although I don't think any of them tend to focus on anything but bikes. Which, I really didn't enjoy shooting last year.

Bikes would probably lead onto cars though so it'll be worth bearing that shoot in order to progress. I'm also trying to find someone to publish my work, it's such a ball buster! Speaking to one of my college tutors the other day who used to work in a car studio, he suggested contacting a magazine before the event, tell them your attending and ask if they'd be interested in looking at your photos. Also offer to do a few events for free at first until you can secure your spot in front of the fence.

EDIT:
Are online publications acceptable? Get in contact with these site for example, you might have some luck: http://www.coldtrackdays.blogspot.com/ & http://www.motorsportretro.com/. I did some work for both a while back.

I think Donington Park accept online publication, however they also need a letter from a publisher guaranteeing your work will be used. Although from what I've read Donington is one of the strictest circuits from obtaining accreditation. I guess a smaller track would also accept online publication.

Are online publications acceptable? Get in contact with these site for example, you might have some luck: http://www.coldtrackdays.blogspot.com/ & http://www.motorsportretro.com/. I did some work for both a while back.

I'm not entirely sure, I need to brush up on what is and isn't acceptable. Although, I think for Club events online publications are fine. And I'll try contacting them. 👍

Bikes would probably lead onto cars though so it'll be worth bearing that shoot in order to progress. I'm also trying to find someone to publish my work, it's such a ball buster! Speaking to one of my college tutors the other day who used to work in a car studio, he suggested contacting a magazine before the event, tell them your attending and ask if they'd be interested in looking at your photos. Also offer to do a few events for free at first until you can secure your spot in front of the fence.

EDIT:

I think Donington Park accept online publication, however they also need a letter from a publisher guaranteeing your work will be used. Although from what I've read Donington is one of the strictest circuits from obtaining accreditation. I guess a smaller track would also accept online publication.

I guess so, I'll have to have a good look at the local papers and see if they do anything on local motorsport (I mean, Cadwell Park is very, very local), whilst Bikes would lead onto cars eventually bikes are (from my experience) much harder to shoot.

Also, the letter from a publisher is a must from all circuits from what I can gather. Silverstone is pretty strict when it comes to accreditation too. I've heard of numerous people getting declined at Silverstone for bigger events.

Anyway, was down at Cadwell Park yesterday continuing my relatively busy season of motorsport.

Not entirely happy with the set if I'm brutally honest. I was on my own all day (a first for me if I'm honest usually I'm with a friend or someone), and I found that element to be quite good. I just felt a little uninspired.

The whole sensor dust situation put a bit of damper of the set too, even though I went to the effort of cleaning the majority of it off.

Anyway, C&C is welcome as per usual. Full set is here.

Enjoy.

A lot of your work is very good, some of it is astonishingly good!

I fancy myself as a bit of an amateur photographer, I consider myself humbled :D

I was at Cadwell yesterday too. Was loving the race with the 6R4 and RS200 in it, also good to see an old XR4X4 on track too not to mention the crazy Beetle RSi ! Took a lot of photos but they are no where near the standards of yours that's for sure!

A lot of your work is very good, some of it is astonishingly good!

I fancy myself as a bit of an amateur photographer, I consider myself humbled :D

Thanks!

Love 2,7 and 9 but I mainly like a bit of scenery and a bit of car.

I tend to do a mix, generally I like to show some scenery in the form of a pan, but next time I'm at Cadwell I may try a few new things that I have in mind to show the nature of the track a bit more.

I was at Cadwell yesterday too. Was loving the race with the 6R4 and RS200 in it, also good to see an old XR4X4 on track too not to mention the crazy Beetle RSi ! Took a lot of photos but they are no where near the standards of yours that's for sure!

Sadly I missed that day! I was the day before, gutted that I missed both a 6R4 and RS200 (and the Beetle!) race around Cadwell. Can imagine it was rather cool.

Thanks for the comment.

Nothing really new to report in terms of progress, however I am at GT1 World Championship this weekend which will be good experience. Hoping I can do better than last year if I'm honest, last years set in my opinion was a bit ordinary and nothing particularly interesting.

Your photography is great Adam. Try contacting the MSA, HSCC and other racing clubs, all who produce member's newsletters/quarterly magazines.

Explain to them your situation and offer them some of your pictures for free for them to use in their editorials and race reports. They usually use professional photographers who'll likely charge them for their use. They don't make much money as organizations so free images are likely to be tempting.

If you are successful with this you'll have what you need for getting that media accreditation.

Back