Speedtest returns. GT6 Drag Leaderboards begin ! No Nitrous!

• Thread starter jezboosted
  • 903 comments
Celica GT-FOUR '98 image.jpeg

I don't want to speak for Jez, but he mentioned BSL a few times.
But as ugot showed timed launch is still faster. Let's see what Jez says when the Aussie's wake up. :)

IMG_20151026_171644_716.jpg
Edit: '99 Integra Type R DC2

Not bad for a year and a half old tune. I'll try to better this time and post some more, since I have a few days off cause of the storm hitting the south.

Racing Kart 125 Shifter (BSL)
1445896799739-615327171.jpg

Not sure how this really stands up to top times in the future, but I gave it a try. :P

Last edited:
Note I Taken the times at 8:00a.m 17 degrees celsius. Jez said the track changes temps which changes times so I think we should all post with 12:00a.m times maybe. ?

Auto with triple plate clutch and 45:55 torque split.
Auto with twin plate clutch & 42:58 torque split.

I've already found a few tricks to knock off .003 off the RS6 without transmission tweaks.

I don't want people to have to change the time of the track or any other settings just to run a time. If everyone keeps it the same way the times stay consistent.

@jezboosted I edited my original post to add the SVT Mustang. Editing posts and adding to them seems to keep the thread clean. If you would prefer me to post a new reply every time I tune and test a car, just let me know your preference. I'll re-edit and post a new reply for the SVT if needed.

Editing posts does keep it cleaner but unfortunately I get no alerts that there are new times posted when its done that way. Also it means I have to check which times I have already updated on the leaderboard for that user and which times are the new ones. Thanks for the consideration but simply make a new post for your new times.

I don't want to speak for Jez, but he mentioned BSL a few times.
But as ugot showed timed launch is still faster. Let's see what Jez says when the Aussie's wake up. :)

I mentioned BSL to state that it can run just like the old speedtest in GT5. Some times are already being posted using timed launches which is fine by me. Some cars it will work on and others it won't. I am not going to make people pull down their times just from doing a timed launch. I have no issues with it.

Keep the times coming !

Just reviewing my first attempt and first few hour or two messing with Jez's drag track. It seems fairly solid. I messed a bit earlier with my avant '08 only haven't done any other cars yet. I was able to end the day on a decent improvement making a 8:261 so not bad down from 8:367 or whatever I made on the first posted picture and few flips and transmission tweaks. I'll post it tomorrow cause been watching a few movies and I recommend you guys watch Mall Cop 2, was hilarious.

The times were done using manual bsl. Not sure if the timed launch works on the avant. Tried a few flips but trying to get the thing under 8:26x was taking longer than I'd anticipated. I seem to remember the GT5 avant '08, it had a 60 40 weight displacement, GT7 version 59 41 weight distribution and weighed only 1524 kg.

Now its like 1503 kg not sure but it had 956 bhp on GT5, with more weight, and it also had a lower max speed setting which meant a higher flip than is needed on GT7. I remember my GT5 time of 9:175. So just throwing this out there in case the GT7 version can be made faster. In GT5 shift point was like 7400 rpm and max torque of 6900 rpm. The Gt7 version makes power at the same rpm so looks like the same shifting as GT5 is required. Plus the car on GT5 liked time launch. Also it needed very precise shifting.

Anyways, maybe I'll find some enthusiasm tomorrow or maybe I'll be playing Syndicate. Either way have fun guys oh and btw nicee times guys. I really have to say it's nice to see what all these cars can do time wise.

Last edited:
I don't want people to have to change the time of the track or any other settings just to run a time. If everyone keeps it the same way the times stay consistent.

Editing posts does keep it cleaner but unfortunately I get no alerts that there are new times posted when its done that way. Also it means I have to check which times I have already updated on the leaderboard for that user and which times are the new ones. Thanks for the consideration but simply make a new post for your new times.

I mentioned BSL to state that it can run just like the old speedtest in GT5. Some times are already being posted using timed launches which is fine by me. Some cars it will work on and others it won't. I am not going to make people pull down their times just from doing a timed launch. I have no issues with it.

Keep the times coming !
Best bet is just to write next to your time if it is bsl or timed.

IMG_20151026_212709456.jpg
Just reviewing my first attempt and first few hour or two messing with Jez's drag track. It seems fairly solid. I messed a bit earlier with my avant '08 only haven't done any other cars yet. I was able to end the day on a decent improvement making a 8:261 so not bad down from 8:367 or whatever I made on the first posted picture and few flips and transmission tweaks. I'll post it tomorrow cause been watching a few movies and I recommend you guys watch Mall Cop 2, was hilarious.

The times were done using manual bsl. Not sure if the timed launch works on the avant. Tried a few flips but trying to get the thing under 8:26x was taking longer than I'd anticipated. I seem to remember the GT5 avant '08, it had a 60 40 weight displacement, GT7 version 59 39?? and weighed only 1524 kg.

Now its like 1503 kg not sure but it had 956 bhp on GT5, with more weight, and it also had a lower max speed setting which meant a higher flip than is needed on GT7. I remember my GT5 time of 9:175. So just throwing this out there in case the GT7 version can be made faster. In GT5 shift point was like 7400 rpm and max torque of 6900 rpm. The Gt7 version makes power at the same rpm so looks like the same shifting as GT5 is required. Plus the car on GT5 liked time launch. Also it needed very precise shifting.

Anyways, maybe I'll find some enthusiasm tomorrow or maybe I'll be playing Syndicate. Either way have fun guys oh and btw nicee times guys. I really have to say it's nice to see what all these cars can do time wise.

Yes, timed launch seems to be better on the RS6. I ran a 8.254 on a timed launch but couldn't get close on a BSL (8.28x I think ?), though I made only 4 or 5 attempts before moving on...just like in gt5 it's hard to consistently nail the shift point in this car.

@ugotnothin Plymouth XNR Roadster ?? I'll see what mine has in it :)

Edit. Ran it. Didn't really change anything. I'll try a reflip when it gets crushed.

Stupid pic's on top now, oh well.

Last edited:
Lost that and every other tune I had when my ps3 blew up a while back.
Only tuned a couple non nos card since returning mate. And they are all currently listed here except an evo 6.
My garage is pretty pathetic atm.

Aww damn, that sucks ! Too bad we can't dupe and send cars, would be happy to donate.

Well would you look at that ^^^ I thought people said the TVR and LP700 Aventador were in two separate classes lmfao

Volkswagon Beetle 1200 1966 BSL
IMAG1300.jpg

Suzuki Alto Lapin Turbo '02 BSL
IMAG1306.jpg

Suzuki Wagon R RR '98 TL
IMAG1308.jpg

Daihatsu MOVE custom RS limited '02 TL
IMAG1309.jpg

Suzuki ALTO Works Suzuki Sport Limited '97 TL
IMAG1312.jpg

Volkswagon Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type 1) '68 BSL
IMAG1316.jpg

Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97 TL
IMAG1320.jpg

Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 BSL
IMAG1326.jpg

Nissan March G# '99 BSL
IMAG1328.jpg

Nissan BLUEBIRD 1600 Deluxe (510) '69 BSL
IMAG1332.jpg

Alpine A310 1600VE '73 BSL
IMAG1339.jpg

Alpine A110 1600S '72 BSL
IMAG1342.jpg

Nissan SKYLINE HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) '84 BSL
IMAG1344.jpg

Toyota STARLET Glanza V '97 BSL
IMAG1347.jpg

Honda CIVIC 1500 3door CX '79 BSL
IMAG1351.jpg

Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68 BSL
IMAG1355.jpg

Nissan March 12SR '07 BSL
IMAG1357.jpg

Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 BSL
IMAG1358.jpg

Last edited:
I have updated the OP. If everyone could please read over it again and try to follow it that would be great.
If you could please edit your current posts to reflect the OP as well it would be much appreciated.

[QUOTE="jezboosted, post: 11046845, member: 254943"

If you run a wheely tune you must state that in your post

Please state if your time is a Black Screen Launch (BSL) or a Timed Launch (TL)

[/QUOTE]
The last tiem i played, wheelie tunes didnt work offline. Was it changed?

That's a good point and I will double check that. Thank you :cheers:

Edit: The cars do wheely but they go overboard compared to running fine at indy. Due to the possibility that it could be tuned to wheely properly I will leave it in my OP đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Back