Speedthrill's GT5. UPDATE 22/01/11..Seasonal event 2.000.000..

Nissan Silvia

By Coincidence...

Like i said in the first post, i'm willing to give tandem drifting a go. But the problem is I've never done it before in the GT universe.
Therefore, i was visiting the track at autumn ring for already a week, everyday...
There was a rumour going around that the track has again drifting visitors, after more then 3 years silence, they should be back...

But me myself, i had no succes in finding those sliding maniacs, nothing...
Until yesterday that was! When i drove up into the pits the first thing i smelled and missed the last week: Burning rubber!!!
Yes, i thought, stepped out of my car and yes! "Rrroooaaaaaarwaaaaaprwappppppp...."
Somebody is Drifting. When he passed the pit he saw me and next lap he pulled in. Looked at my car, big smile, "A twin one mayte"? he asked.
I looked at the Australian guy, smiled back even bigger and just nodded...

We jumped in the cars and went off...

1502x.jpg

at first we kepped some distance from eachother, because i was abit scared to crash into him, not knowing his style and vice versa...

1402t.jpg

Wich was indeed a slightly different line from mine, i had to adapt and luckily had my brakes setup right to push the car into more degrees when necessary...

1202r.jpg

The more turns we did, the more it started coming together, this was awesome!!

1302o.jpg

keep on going!

1602m.jpg

102if.jpg

As nice and close it eventually became, the words "too close" are not far off...

1102x.jpg

And yes, then damage starts to rise... But at the end of the line, a dented front bumper is not a big pain in a day like this...
My S15 runs allright, but that nissan was something else, maybe something to look for in the future.
I hope i see the Australian dude back some day, because in all feasts going on, i forgot to ask his name... Hahaha!

Time to hunt for the next twin!​

Last edited:
Thanx peoples!

yeah, the S13 will be the next in a hunt for a twin.
I've got some more peoples who drift on the friends list now so should be easier to find the others out there!👍

Well, instead of the update i thought was coming, something else popped up around here,
HDR... And i like it.:)

So I'm planning to revise the pics made already,
beginning with a little test "teaser"...

edit: first post has been edited with new images!

What do you guys think, still finding my own style and alot of the options of photomatix i don't understand... lol

Last edited:
I haven't got any of those cars but now I really want them haha. That yellow Silvia doesn't look bad either. :)

Ford Mark IV Race Car

One morning day...

After many searches to find that ultimate twin drift, i've gaven up on it for this week.
A friend invited me to the green hell itself on a closed day, with a call. All he said was "just come over here, something red is waiting for you..."
Since that call, Ferrari is in my head. Wich car would it be, a ferrari on the green hell, i can't wait! The new Italia?
Some days after the call i end up there and meet him in the bar.
He asks what i'm expecting and i'm like "Ferrari offcourse!" But boy was i wrong.
He just told me to be early up because we were going to drive it through the morning.
And wow, next day i see indeed it was not a Ferrari. The Ford Mark IV sits rumbling in the pit waiting for me to get in...
The sound alone is unbelievable in this car and as soon as i got in the whole body was shaking pleasantly along the idling rumble... Yes!

48843199.jpg

Off i was, and my whole body taking up the sense of this car, what a machine i'm driving... This is history!

79025236.jpg

Every corner is a challenge, and i need to constantly watch my rpm's gauge because the rumble is overwhelming...

74672719.jpg

66122646.jpg

The sun starts to warm up the track and this machine start to become a friend in my hands,
it feels a bit rough on the bumpy German road of history, but i'm loving it...

58694655.jpg

Even though they predicted rain for this day, it won't stop me for another round before i hand it over to my friend for his drive.
This car throws me back instantly to the 60's, and i've never even been there before...

94605779.jpg

Early photographers starting to jump up and down when i come blasting up to them. They can probably hear this car miles away...
Though i must concentrate on the road ahead, to much money in the hands right now...

29176219.jpg

35559694.jpg

And a pic of me flying past the hotel we're staying in.. Germany's landscapes...

81089873.jpg

32629148.jpg

94125935.jpg

Just driving on this track makes you dream away already, but on a morning like this, it's heaven!

42645893.jpg

58623702.jpg

After this drive it was time for my mates, and while he was gunning it, the mechanic dude came to me telling the owner wants a chat.
20 million was enough he claimed, while saying he heard i was quite the earning racer...
And I did not need to think about that for one minute, I just bought it... Yes!​

Last edited:
Thanx guys, yeah i know, the drifts are alot more alive with colors.
I tried on the Ford to go with HDR and alot of desaturated colors to give it an old look, just to see what new HDR combines like with old pics etc...

Time to jump into a drift again indeed...

Oh and yes please infedelis, could you please alter your post so that the quoting pics get deleted? Would be nice mate!👍

Greets. :)

Photomode 2.0 competition entry.

mirror02.jpg
sangalgano03.jpg

Runner up.

mirror01.jpg

I was really doubting wich one of the 2 to put in as a final entry.
Actually i'm still doubting but i choose the more abstract one.
But then it dusted to me that hdr wasn't allowed, so back to drawing board with this one.
That's where the right image of the 2 upper ones comes in.
2.0 legal :)

Last edited:
@ Ghertel: Thankx! :) I'll try.

Toyota Supra

Tandem session

Finally i got some replays gathered of worthy tandems. And now i had proper time to toy with them.
The car i take out for this always ends up to be the old Supra, wich i really like wright now.
She feels perfect in my hands and loves to hang in a slide.
Very good driftmachine, probably the best of my garage...
Other cars featuring in these pics are the rx7 from GOD, leader of <ACN> and KREOCH, and unkown met on the track.

ts01u.jpg

ls01.jpg

ls02.jpg

ls03.jpg

ts04v.jpg

ts03g.jpg

ts02v.jpg

ts06.jpg

ts05.jpg

Greets​

Last edited:
>

Opel Astra DTM

2.000.000 dollars

Since the last update in the garage i knew this was the one to buy, not only for the race, but just forever!
In GT4 the astra DTM was one of the 4/5 cars choosable in my arcade like race setup for friends,
with time board and everything on one track: the ring...
I'm collecting those cars again, wich is why i'm thankful towards the last update!
Expect an Audi and Mercedes in the nearby future too for that matter.

Entering the event turned out to be a good choice of the day,
as it was a very fun eight lap race on the GP layout of the Nurburgring.
All DTM's representable in the game where there and it was exciting till the last laps really...
4 pics turned out decent enough and worked a bit on them.
I'm totally off HDR by the way because of it being non entrable in the 2.0 competition,
so getting this new style down is a bit by bit program.

gpd1.jpg

gpd2.jpg

gpd3r.jpg

gpd4.jpg

Greets.​

The Silvia v.s Skyline are the greatest!
Looks so real! 👍

Keep it up.
Visit my gallery if interest.lol.
link at my sig.

@SVX: thanks man! :)

@NBDesignz: Thanks, yeah, we met with about the same power and same lines of drifting online,
was really fun, i think he was a Greece dude. Pictures were a pain here and there, alot of pixel smoke got cleaned...
Gonna check your gallery in a minute. ;)

@TVR: :) Thank you, yes you need to check it for yourself, i'm sure you could do amazing things on that spot with your talent.
It's on Nurburgring GP, back straight. 👍

@sejtur: Thanks. I don't know if you guys know what i went for here next to realism, lol...
A blown engine.:) In the race itself i drive with abs off, and being this a new car, massive lock ups here and there.
I paused on the moment after start finish some laps in, and from this distance it looked like the astra's engine just gave up... lol:dopey:

@ZEROX: :)👍 Gonna check it too in a minute together with NB's one. ;)

Greets and picture's coming... ;)

Jeps, Nice drifts with the Supra, really need to do some more drifting becous it gives you great pictures. So, thanks for the inspiration.
('k had nog niet gezien dat ge ook een Belg bent, grts)

Back