(Spin) Problem Handling Cars list

• Thread starter Gturbo5
  • 598 comments
Nevermind...... I gonna haters any glitch are MESS and confused!

680t.jpg

I have trouble driving the Cizeta V16T due to oversteer. How do I correct the oversteer? By going easy on the throttle and brake. It's not too hard to control high-powered, MR cars with the right rhythm.

I have trouble driving the Cizeta V16T due to oversteer. How do I correct the oversteer? By going easy on the throttle and brake. It's not too hard to control high-powered, MR cars.

Your question is a bit vague, oversteer on entry? middle of the corner? exit? Smoother inputs will always help. If it's got oversteer in, you're probably trail braking too much. Brake straight as much as possible. If its oversteer out, you need to adjust your right foot. 👍

Are you seriouse?

I really hope PD is not going to change the R8 LMS.
Come on people invest some time and learn to be gentle and smooth.
It's a racecar do you rly think you just hop in and scream around the ring?

Just got done responding to somone about the R8 LMS in a different thread.

The R8 Race Car has been plagued by handling issues IRL until about last year. That car always has been a handful, even in GT5. A setup will go a long way, as it will with any other car.

There are no problem cars, just problem drivers.
I disagree. There's absolutely no reason I should take a bone stock Diablo GT2 and in the very first turn give it about 5 degrees of turn-in and the thing loops around. This has happened on more than one Mid Engine car for me. Something is fishy.

I disagree. There's absolutely no reason I should take a bone stock Diablo GT2 and in the very first turn give it about 5 degrees of turn-in and the thing loops around. This has happened on more than one Mid Engine car for me. Something is fishy.

I haven't driven that car yet, but another thread has some video examples of cars doing endo's under braking and some cars rolling over just hitting small curbs. I'm wondering if some cars have physics glitches. Everything I've driven so far has been fine, though.

I agree with many peeps who state that MR cars are "meant" to be tough to drive, but if they were that realsitically modelled, we should be able to tune out the tendency to spin like a top.

The fact that many can't be stabilised via tuning, and many peeps are reporting that it is impossible to tune it out significantly... let alone substantially, suggests they are simply "broken".

I can't get the Stratos to go around a corner at 40 mph for jeeps sake. It was tough in Forza 4, but a little bit of tuning and it became my fave car for doing time trials on the Amalfi - tight corners and cobbles !!!

What's more likely: Forza made all the MR cars far too simplistic, or PD (given all the other brioken stuff in the game) have simply overdone the 'spin-tendency' in the MR cars ???
I don't know what you're talking about. I tuned out the lift-off oversteer in the Lancia Stratos 15th Anniversary. Sports Hard Front/ Sports Soft Rear. Fully Custom Differential (default settings work fine), Racing Suspension Soft. I did all these things because I'm horrible at driving this car but that doesn't mean its not accurate to its real life counterpart.

I do run a 03 Cobra and tire grip and it seems tire grip is lacking in GT6 however u do make a good point.
Who's to say that GT5 had it right, and now GT6 has it wrong? Maybe it's the other way around.

Unless you've driven every one of the cars your referring to IRL, then I'm curious as to how you can be sure which one is more accurate.
fi

Toyota MR2 GT-S '97

Oh my god, there is something wrong with that car. Every corner or slight bend in the road and it tries to kill me.

For reference, I learned to drive on an MR car (Fiero GT), and currently drive a Front-midship (with my fat rear, it's got to be similarly tail heavy). The "Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00" has been one of my main cars since GT4, and in GT6 I've had no trouble driving other mid-engine cars without assists, the same tires and even higher power (GT40). The G25 with brake mod gives me tons of control. No two ways about it, there *IS* something wrong with that MR2. Slightly upgrading the suspension only makes it worse, but maybe with the adjustable race unit it could be tuned into something drivable.

I tried narrowing it down, thinking the backend was too light, but I gave up about 30 min in and just sold it. I sure don't see any reason to say anything along the lines that we just don't know how to drive. Yes MR cars can bite their drivers, but if that MR2 really drove that way none of us would have survived the 90's. We'd all have died in the fireball caused by the first one driving off the dealer lot.

edit: I did paint the wheels (expecting to like the car), and from what I'm hearing that somehow makes a difference. (why?) But I will buy another one when I get home to try it out.

Last edited:
Are you trail braking? Is your foot off the gas? If so, thats why its spinning. You need to change your driving style for MR cars like that. Once you change it the car handles very nicely.

Who's to say that GT5 had it right, and now GT6 has it wrong? Maybe it's the other way around.

Unless you've driven every one of the cars your referring to IRL, then I'm curious as to how you can be sure which one is more accurate.

Are you trail braking? Is your foot off the gas? If so, thats why its spinning. You need to change your driving style for MR cars like that. Once you change it the car handles very nicely.
No and no. Was on the gas accelerating through the last corner at Ascari. Turned in and it stepped out, I corrected it for a second, turned in again and around she went. Ditto on the '66 Ford GT at Silverstone except that one was on racing hard tires. Now, I know I am no flake at GT as many here that have raced with me know, but I find it hard to believe that the handling of the MR cars changed so much since GT5. If they will remain this way being so hard to drive, I'll just avoid them.

You can't use laptimes in GT5 as a comparison, GT5 was so far behind in terms of realism compared to GT6 in many areas. The physics model evolves and improves but still cars in GT6 are faster than real life. The issue with people unable to drive is almost always down to driver error, not the cars.

No and no. Was on the gas accelerating through the last corner at Ascari. Turned in and it stepped out, I corrected it for a second, turned in again and around she went. Ditto on the '66 Ford GT at Silverstone except that one was on racing hard tires. Now, I know I am no flake at GT as many here that have raced with me know, but I find it hard to believe that the handling of the MR cars changed so much since GT5. If they will remain this way being so hard to drive, I'll just avoid them.
Be as smooth as possible with your steering and throttle inputs.

People need to stop generalising "MR" cars too. They all drive differently, there are a few crazy almost models just as there are some easy cars to drive.

People were moaning about the Stratos but when I drove it I lapped it around the ring on my first attempt, no issues. People moaning about the F40 but I found it fine, and I just drove the Ferrari 430 Scuderia and the car is really really easy to drive and very stable, I drove the Mclaren MP4-12c and it was as bland and understeery as it is in Assetto Corsa, not even a wiff of offthrottle oversteer.

People need to stop generalising "MR" cars too. They all drive differently, there are a few crazy almost models just as there are some easy cars to drive.

People were moaning about the Stratos but when I drove it I lapped it around the ring on my first attempt, no issues. People moaning about the F40 but I found it fine, and I just drove the Ferrari 430 Scuderia and the car is really really easy to drive and very stable, I drove the Mclaren MP4-12c and it was as bland and understeery as it is in Assetto Corsa, not even a wiff of offthrottle oversteer.
GTO 84 at 550 pp hits 200 Mph at 550pp and Nsx R 02 hits 170 mph at HSR

I don't mind the oversteer so much as the spinning out of control under braking. The R8 LMS above 300km/h under the slightest touch of brake spins out of control, even with a good tune. I switched to driving the BMWs GT3s instead but even those are twitchy above 300, the ZR1 RM with less downforce, 1000HP and the same weight distribution never does that even when "hard" braking in a straight line at 400km/h. It behaves like a proper [race] car and only bites if you upset it.

GT6 physics are great overall, but something is so wrong on some of those cars, that Cizetta especially, and I still don't understand why I can't wheelspin the GT40 from a standing start without TC while reving into the limiter.

Problem handling any cars are spin and oversteer or Broken car thread here. (Need report! PD Need fix it)

Not to put a damper on the fire of hate, but has anyone tried the brake balance that is conspicuously located in the suspension settings?

Before going on about how poorly any car handles, set the brake balance to 4 front, 3 rear (or whatever, but with less at the rear). With the weight transfer in this new system, the rears are locking when they become unloaded. ABS doesn't modulate breaking front/rear.

I haven't driven all the cars in this list, but my F40, R8, even the RUF's have benefited from proper brake balance.

Last edited:
-Cizeta V16T (by me and Stormtrooper217)
This car has always been a pig to drive. I tried it on GT4 and it had such extreme understeer it was almost impossible to get around a turn with any speed at all. I tried to tune it on GT4 but don't think i ever had any luck with it. I also tried to tune it on GT5 having learned a lot more about tuning by then but still I do not remember ever getting it to drive the way I would like. Haven't driven it yet on 6 but my buddy was racing me last night and he was driving it, plowing through pretty much every corner into the wall just as I remember it GT4. I plan to take it out later and see if I can correct it through tuning but I fear I will just be wasting my credits on it. Still would be nice to actually get that thing through a corner at speed just once.

I am, I am not jerky and certainly no noob at driving. In my honest opinion, and nobody has to agree with me, something is not right with the MR cars.
Generalizing is a good idea, I drive the '91 NSX and I have zero issues with handling I literally throw it into corners and I'm still on CS tires. I drove the Huayra '13 on Sport Hards that it comes with and only thing I had to worry about was throttling on corner exit if the car wasn't pointed straight in relation to the track. Audi R8 FSI '09 fast car but twitchy at the limit and oversteers if you drive hamfisted. R8 LMS Ultra has a steering ratio issue which makes you reach lock way to fast so you tend to spin what is already a quick turning car. Every car I drive is still on whatever it comes out of the shop with, I have not changed the tires on all but one car and that was to Sport Hard for an online race.

I'll test problem cars just to see if I can recreate the issues many are having and see if all it takes is focus and paying attention to the attitude of the car and applying throttle correctly and watching steering inputs and not upsetting the car. Simple thing like abruptly letting off the gas can be catastrophic with MR and RR cars mid corners, I'll grab that Diablo GT2 of yours and see what the issue is. Could be the same issue that's plaguing R8 LMS Ultra '12.

This car has always been a pig to drive. I tried it on GT4 and it had such extreme understeer it was almost impossible to get around a turn with any speed at all. I tried to tune it on GT4 but don't think i ever had any luck with it. I also tried to tune it on GT5 having learned a lot more about tuning by then but still I do not remember ever getting it to drive the way I would like. Haven't driven it yet on 6 but my buddy was racing me last night and he was driving it, plowing through pretty much every corner into the wall just as I remember it GT4. I plan to take it out later and see if I can correct it through tuning but I fear I will just be wasting my credits on it. Still would be nice to actually get that thing through a corner at speed just once.
You get it as a pricecar. I tried to use it in some career races but it's performing really bad against its rival cars. It's bad under braking, understeers a lot midcorner and has bad traction on exits.

Back