(Spin) Problem Handling Cars list

• Thread starter Gturbo5
  • 598 comments
I am, I am not jerky and certainly no noob at driving. In my honest opinion, and nobody has to agree with me, something is not right with the MR cars.
Try this take GT 05 buy everything but do not paint it or add wheels. Leave settings factory except Front ride height lowest setting and LSD 10 16 18 drives good, then take same car paint add wheels and drive it. See if there is a noticeable difference.

There's definitely something whacky about the MR cars. Drive the Audi R8 LMS around the High Speed Ring and tell me it's supposed to be like that. BULL. It'll spin out around the first corner every time if you're going over 140. Other cars can do it no problem. If it handled like that in real life it would be an absolute death trap and would have zero competitive advantage in racing.
You seem to be under the impression that a professional driver, driving a car designed to his liking is the same as a guy on his couch driving said car with a thumbstick.
Just switching from a controller to a wheel I was able to reduce spins tremendously. Just think what a difference going to a real wheel with an unlimited number of "data points" would make.

You get it as a pricecar. I tried to use it in some career races but it's performing really bad against its rival cars. It's bad under braking, understeers a lot midcorner and has bad traction on exits.

I know it is a prize car I won it days ago, also have the AE version of it, when I mentioned wasted credits I was referring to the cost of suspension to try and tune it

Funny, spin is not the only problem I mentioned....the line and speed, compare your times from GT5 to GT6 then post.
Um OK let me get this straight. You want me to compare 2 version of the game with very different physics and then tell you that it is different. How about I just tell you that it is a know fact that KAZ put a lot of time and effort in making sure the physics of the game got more realistic compared to older versions.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/technology/ Here read it for yourself from the official product page. This should help you understand why your times are off..

Problem handling any cars are spin and oversteer or Broken car thread here. (Need report! PD Need fix it)

Problem handling cars list:

-Ferraria F40 by https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f40-horrible.293119/page-2#post-9066767
-Lancia Stratos? by https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lancia-stratos-15th-aniv-undriveable.292850
-Audi R8 by https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looks-like-the-audi-r8-its-broken.293304
-Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (found by me)
-RUF RGT (Glitch +100kg balance weight if rear 50% = oversteer-spin, if front -50% = low oversteer or good?) (found by me)
-Cizeta V16T (by me and Stormtrooper217)
-Toyota MR2 (by reaperman)
-Lamborghini Aventador (of course, so easy drift king! by gregorius93 and me)
-Lamborghini Diablo GT2 (by R1600Turbo)
-Audi R8??? (by https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looks-like-the-audi-r8-its-broken.293304/page-2)
-Honda Fit (Broken car) by e30 freek

-...? any got? who found?

(Update add list)

(Spin) problem aka Bad Driving*

Listen people, there is no such thing as broken cars in GT6, is just that the new physics are too damn good and realistic and most people here are used to old GT physics (arcady), and not to real "simulation" physics.

OK, i know some cars (like the Lancia Stratos) are a bit too spin happy during throtle Lift and wiht stoc setup but, this is quickly fixed by tuning the car a bit, like tuning the LSD. Most of the case is 10/40/20 stoc, just need to change it to someting like 8/10/5 and you're good to go.
Also the rear brake force should be downed to 3 o 1.

If someone is doupting about GT6 physics, just go and try any deasent PC Sim like rfactor, iRacing with a MR car and you will encounter the same "Spin pronlem"

So people, stop wining about GT6 physics and try to improve you're driving skills, and also get a Wheel if you don't have one. Good Luck!

There are no problem cars, just problem drivers.
Why is everyone thinking that EVERY single car should be über easy to drive?

"Hey just bought myself a nice Ferrari but it doesnt handle like my Honda Fit, the car is broken, fix it PD"

I imagine it's the same or similar problem that's in iRacing. Certain cars in iRacing just have no grip in the rear end after the tires reach a certain temperature, and will spin out without doing anything wrong. It's not the drivers fault, and iRacing is fixing it every time a new build comes out and more cars are given the New Tire Model V5 (the difference is night and day when driving cars like the Skippy).

PD's issue with these cars is probably from a different source, but is having the same results.

I know several people making these complaints and among them include GT Academy finalists. Hardly "problem drivers." Just because a car is easier/more difficult to drive, doesn't make the sim less/more realistic.

If someone is doupting about GT6 physics, just go and try any deasent PC Sim like rfactor, iRacing with a MR car and you will encounter the same "Spin pronlem"

So people, stop wining about GT6 physics and try to improve you're driving skills, and also get a Wheel if you don't have one. Good Luck!

iRacing's "spin problem" is caused by a faulty tire model, which they have fixed on some cars and are fixing on the others.

and lol @ you telling GT Academy finalists to improve their driving skills. top lol.

I imagine it's the same or similar problem that's in iRacing. Certain cars in iRacing just have no grip in the rear end after the tires reach a certain temperature, and will spin out without doing anything wrong. It's not the drivers fault, and iRacing is fixing it every time a new build comes out and more cars are given the New Tire Model V5 (the difference is night and day when driving cars like the Skippy).

PD's issue with these cars is probably from a different source, but is having the same results.

I know several people making these complaints and among them include GT Academy finalists. Hardly "problem drivers." Just because a car is easier/more difficult to drive, doesn't make the sim less/more realistic.

iRacing's "spin problem" is caused by a faulty tire model, which they have fixed on some cars and are fixing on the others.

and lol @ you telling GT Academy finalists to improve their driving skills. top lol.

I'm not spesifing names

Um OK let me get this straight. You want me to compare 2 version of the game with very different physics and then tell you that it is different. How about I just tell you that it is a know fact that KAZ put a lot of time and effort in making sure the physics of the game got more realistic compared to older versions.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/technology/ Here read it for yourself from the official product page. This should help you understand why your times are off..
Telling us to take Kaz's word for it is not helping your case.

I am, I am not jerky and certainly no noob at driving. In my honest opinion, and nobody has to agree with me, something is not right with the MR cars.

Depends on which car you're talking about. Each car has their own personality just like the driver. Some cars just have to be handled more gently than others.

On the R8 LMS, brake like an on/off button in a straight line and it will pull with the direction of the track and spin (to the left turn 1 Apricot Hill). Do that while "trail" braking and you will spin. Come off the throttle hard mid corner and you will spin.

Be progressive on the brakes into the corner and you can easily feel the car rotate around, get on the throttle while backing off the brakes to shift the weight to the rear, maintenance throttle to keep her pointed and rear wheels gripping.

Anyone driven a rally car in anger? I think the effects of weight transfer are spot on in GT6.

EDIT: I still have a better time at Apricot Hill in the Audi R8 LMS than the Merc or the GT-R GT3. Those laps were all at default settings with RH tires.

Last edited:

Most GT academy finalist's were not used to real life racig driving physics they just were fast in GT5*
And note the word "most" not all.

You hear that PD? We need NTMv5! And borrow iRacings FFB and clutch while you're at it.

I also wouldn't be opposed to a NKM for Bathurst. :lol:

EDIT: And lol@ the people who think GT6 is anywhere close to real life, it's gotten better but it ain't no iRacing/Asseto Corsa yet.

Last edited:
This is a all new level of complaining....LOL
Just find a car you like and get used to it!!!! nothing worthwhile comes easy!!! Spinning out in an nsx by oversteer in an NSX was easy in GT5 if you weren't used to it... LOVE the whole NSX line!!!!

Telling us to take Kaz's word for it is not helping your case.
I guess you missed the point of trying to compare an apple to a different apple. If you think that the 2 are the same than I guess you must not really play much. He(KAZ) said they were working on improving the driving. To me he has kept his word. It is improved over GT5. Is it perfect? No. Is it realistic? No, but closer than before. And lastly did I ever say it was perfect or realistic 100%? Of course not.

-Lamborghini Aventador (of course, so easy drift king! by gregorius93 and me)

Hold on, WHAT?
The Aventador is the most understeering pig I have ever driven. Do you guys even have the same game as I do? We're on GT6 right?

Tried Rental KTM X Bow - Arcade Race - at Apricot Hill, night, 100% water on track, Professional AI with slider to the max ( aggressive ) - passed them all in lap 1 :grumpy: I drove the KTM with comfort medium and no ABS or other aids. Left the AI cars to dust by over 10 seconds within 2 laps :lol: They were slow in the water soaked track. I drifted on many corners in 2nd and 3rd gear - Dori Dori style, the car is very agile even on comfort medium ( good realistic grip of street tire ) Does the KTM have issues with handling ? I always set my brake balance to front bias - used 9/3 or 9/2 on most cars ( FF,FR,AWD,MR ) that I own, but for the KTM, everything is stock - no tuning.

I noticed that now I can induce drift by braking, - brake drift as Dori Dori called it.

Last edited:

Listen people, there is no such thing as broken cars in GT6, is just that the new physics are too damn good and realistic and most people here are used to old GT physics (arcady), and not to real "simulation" physics.

OK, i know some cars (like the Lancia Stratos) are a bit too spin happy during throtle Lift and wiht stoc setup but, this is quickly fixed by tuning the car a bit, like tuning the LSD. Most of the case is 10/40/20 stoc, just need to change it to someting like 8/10/5 and you're good to go.
Also the rear brake force should be downed to 3 o 1.

No! Omg, you no have PS3 nad GT6? I'm pro racing driving! But I driving Ferrari F40 my steering and NO throttle inputs at 40-80mph, corner left or right to Spin! No throttle! just wow! any cars are broken in gt6 new physics...

Need PD fix it!

I agree with the problematic cars posted because I experienced them too sometime in my career. The question is, isn't it common knowledge that you default to 1 TCS but turn it up slowly until the car becomes manageable? Are people allergic to assists?

I've found out in my endeavor to tame the R8 LMS that the car bottoms out under heavy braking, which caused the spin. It only became apparent when i watched the replay of a run, but you could clearly see the front end hitting the ground and then the rear coming around. I've not tried this on any other car so far, but fixing the front ride height and stiffness transformed the LMS from beast to beauty.

I've never felt any effects of bottoming out in GT5, probably one of the reason why I didn't consider it earlier. But this could also possibly explain why the car felt fine in stock settings when babying the brakes.

It is funny how people just blurt out things without any frame of reference or second thought.

If you can't manage a car there are basically three possibilities (at least for the sake of this argument):
A - There are errors in the physics
B - There are errors in your driving
C - There are errors in both the physics and your driving

If you CAN manage a car, it doesn't mean the physics can't still be wrong. It could mean you are very good at compensating for faulty physics.

What caught my attention in this thread is @R1600Turbo , a respectable driver, saying he felt something was wrong with the physics. While anybody can make mistakes, I am still inclined to think that if drivers like him start to question the physics… something might just be not completely right.

When I combine this with the threads (and experience) of the odd way cars sometimes flip over I am inclined to think the physics may need some tuning. It all seems to point to strange behavior of weight transfer, but that's just an uneducated hunch :)

So it's not just me. I did feel that MRs are way too unstable even at low speeds but I adapted my driving to them. It sucks because I'm used to trailbraking.

Nevermind...... I gonna haters any glitch are MESS and confused!

680t.jpg
Your grammar is full of bugs.

i wonder if it is driving style? i like fr cars and feel comfortable with them but the problem is that i drive all cars like fr's :P

For DS3 users it is in fact a huge difference between GT5 and GT6. I'm getting some troubles to handle some cars (even with race tires).

And I consider myself a good "driver". Golden all licences pretty easy and all events too.

But it's a new game and I give the benefit of doubt to PD. I noticed the cars behavior is more realistic speacially under braking but in accelaration, it's hard to handle sometimes and nothing predictable.

Drifting is way more difficult for me in GT6 for example. The car just goes all over the place lol

To the people who think the delta wing is bugged:

Look at how the car is shaped and set up. Lots of weight in the rear. Lots of downforce at the back. Very narrow front with skinny tires. Add that all up and you WILL get a spin if you trail brake, high speed or low speed.

Delta Wing is insanely easy to drive once you get OUT of the habit of trail braking into a corner for that car. It's a huge no-no since the nose is so skinny and putting a lot of weight on it will spin it like a top. Brake in a straight line, give it a little throttle until the apex, then slam that pedal down. If the rear end kicks out on that car, keep the go-fast pedal pegged. About an hour of driving it and I got the basics of it down. It's a very easy car to drive.

Just find a car you like and get used to it!!!! nothing worthwhile comes easy!!! Spinning out in an nsx by oversteer in an NSX was easy in GT5 if you weren't used to it... LOVE the whole NSX line!!!!
I believe you did´t understand my post...:rolleyes:

And I consider myself a good "driver". Golden all licences pretty easy and all events too.
This is no longer a standard, they made it extremley easy to do everything in gold.
(I did the IA test in 10min yesterday, first time driving with clutch and H-shifter on the cars with manual)
On previous GT's you had to spent hours learning, watching ghost replays for one license all gold.
Now you hop in, drive it once and if you make no huge mistake you already have gold.

I love it that the cars no longer handle basically all the same.
GT5 was way to simple, FF was understeer, FR was oversteer and 90% of MR cars where perfect.
The other 10% where really hard to drive because traction was "binary", on or off with not much between.

GT6 is so much better in this area, you can really drive the tires on the limit and use weight transfer.

Only car i would maybe support on that list is the Ciceta, but i only drove it on one test/mission.
This thing has no traction and spins the wheels like crazy, although it should have enough weight at the back and fat tires.

You should put the Elise 190 on the list, also drives so nice if you treat it right.
If not it wants to kill you every corner.

PD should concentrate on the cars that are still way to easy/fast to drive, Countach/Miura for example.

Back