(Spin) Problem Handling Cars list

• Thread starter Gturbo5
  • 598 comments
My lap with stock Stratos 15th AE 221HP at Nurb Gp/F, comfort hard, no ABS, 9/2 BB, stick controller, recorded with ancient camera :(

Drove the Cizeta V16t 15th AE at Daytona Road Course, comfort medium, no ABS, it was miles better than GT5, these cars are not broken. I had a go with Ford GT40 Mk1 15th AE, no ABS, comfort medium at Bathurst + rain, simply awesome, feels like driving a real monster :D

The Ford GT40 Mark 1 1966 is ok stock but when you begin to tinker with it, it's just about undriveable. Go over to the tuning section and look at setups for it, I think nearly all require adding extreme ballast to it. That compromise is far from ideal.

The main problem is most likely not with the physics, it's with the sensitivity of the steering. Even at -2, it's still a bit too sensitive compared to real cars, but at -2, the cars are much easier to drive. I think they just need to add more negative sensitivity values to choose from. This has been an issue since GT4 using the DFP, in GT5 they added the sensitivity adjustment which helped but it still isn't quite enough. I really don't see how hard it could be to match the steering 1:1 on most cars anyways, especially modern road cars if you're using a wheel that turns 900+ degs.

All this said, if you're experienced enough you'll know when you're applying too much steering input based on what the car is doing, so any issues with the steering sensitivity are most likely still driver induced. I say this because i have a decent amount of real-world racing experience and although i haven't driven every car in the OP, the cars i have driven haven't felt wrong to me other than the sensitivity issue, and that issue sticks out and is quite obvious if you've driven a car in real life as well as in GT. I used to drive an S2K as a daily driver in real life and in the game, the steering inputs required are much less than in the actual car, it's the very first thing i noticed since it was the first car i bought after the Fit RS, it's the same with any other car i've driven both in the real world and in the game and probably the same for everything else.

I can't say yet if the cars mentioned are a problem or not as I haven't tried them.

The GT test car has traditionally been a car for drivers who know what they're at, so when driven properly it's very fast and efficient. It's highly likely the others mentioned such as the Stratos are of a similar ilk. Cars of this type in reality are driven by top hardened professionals competently. A bunch of us have tested some GT500 cars, and the consensus is that the new physics are excellent where the cars are challenging and fun on the limit, but manageable with some dexterity and good setups.

The handling balance/physics in GT5 were good up until late last year until an update homologated offline and online handling to I presume make it easy for people not bothered to put in effort in to overcoming their own problems with cars spinning out when driving in Lobby. I hope PD don't do the same with GT6, otherwise it will just destroy the whole essence of simulation and racing.

The main problem is most likely not with the physics, it's with the sensitivity of the steering. Even at -2, it's still a bit too sensitive compared to real cars, but at -2, the cars are much easier to drive. I think they just need to add more negative sensitivity values to choose from. This has been an issue since GT4 using the DFP, in GT5 they added the sensitivity adjustment which helped but it still isn't quite enough. I really don't see how hard it could be to match the steering 1:1 on most cars anyways, especially modern road cars if you're using a wheel that turns 900+ degs.

I notice a lot of people are using - 2, maybe this is amplifying the problem?
I tried - 2 and its just too slow to catch/correct anything.
I use 0 DS3 sensitivity and don't have any major problems with any of the cars mentioned

I don't mind the oversteer so much as the spinning out of control under braking. The R8 LMS above 300km/h under the slightest touch of brake spins out of control, even with a good tune. I switched to driving the BMWs GT3s instead but even those are twitchy above 300, the ZR1 RM with less downforce, 1000HP and the same weight distribution never does that even when "hard" braking in a straight line at 400km/h. It behaves like a proper [race] car and only bites if you upset it.

GT6 physics are great overall, but something is so wrong on some of those cars, that Cizetta especially, and I still don't understand why I can't wheelspin the GT40 from a standing start without TC while reving into the limiter.
If you're still spinning, it wasnt a good tune, then, now was it? If someone else handled the tune without incident, then the priblem is in your driving style in relation to the tune. GT6 has put a new emphasis on the imprortance of matching wavelengths between driving style and tune. Keep at it, you'll get it right ( I did 👍

GT6 physics are great overall, but something is so wrong on some of those cars, that Cizetta especially, and I still don't understand why I can't wheelspin the GT40 from a standing start without TC while reving into the limiter.
I've noticed this too. I'm trying the Diablo GT2[it is barely driveable, certainly no fun] and there's something bizarre happening if I can't spin the back wheels at full revs from a standstill with its 560hp.

I decided to reply to this thread after seeing so many people supporting the new physics of gt6..
I've been racing for some time now but I've been racing sim for a longer time..
--> I'm currently the record holder for fastest laptime in Achna Speedway in Cyprus in the Stock mx5 category! Search "mazda mx5 achna speedway lap 1:17:6**" in youtube!
To all those that insist that the current gt6 physics are realistic, on what grounds do they say this?
My Opinion: unfortunately, as much as I love the gt series IT IS AS FAR BACK FROM REALITY AS MARGARINE IS FROM BUTTER"! Those who are happy with it would be as happy playing a driving game and not a sim! Make not mistake about it - GT6 is NOT a sim! The way the cars behave, the violent backlash, the spins --> it's weird physics and not reality .. Drifting is atrocious.. The FF cars are missing the sweet lift off oversteer.. the dear mx5 that even a child can drift is impossible..
I truly wonder u guys..

Agreed with Stephanos.
While I'd say the general feel with a wheel is slightly better than GT5, there's something off with the tyres over the limit how they loose and regain grip. Pretty much across the board. (haven't driven all cars ofcourse, but still..)

It is funny how people just blurt out things without any frame of reference or second thought.

If you can't manage a car there are basically three possibilities (at least for the sake of this argument):
A - There are errors in the physics
B - There are errors in your driving
C - There are errors in both the physics and your driving

If you CAN manage a car, it doesn't mean the physics can't still be wrong. It could mean you are very good at compensating for faulty physics.

What caught my attention in this thread is @R1600Turbo , a respectable driver, saying he felt something was wrong with the physics. While anybody can make mistakes, I am still inclined to think that if drivers like him start to question the physics… something might just be not completely right.

When I combine this with the threads (and experience) of the odd way cars sometimes flip over I am inclined to think the physics may need some tuning. It all seems to point to strange behavior of weight transfer, but that's just an uneducated hunch :)

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but people are way over generalising when they say things like "MR car are wrong". Well no, in my experience the MR cars drive exactly as I would expect. Maybe there are some exceptions and it should be these individual cars talked about, not whole drivetrain generalisations.

The Stratos I mentioned a few times handles just like it should, it reacts just like it should has to be driven just like a Lancia Stratos. Now does that mean the game got it spot on? Perhaps not, perhaps it is a little too over the top. But then perhaps it isn't over the top. The Stratos has to be driven in a very specific way in the real world (don't lift, don't lift!!!! ahh **** I lifted, bang! wall...) but most of the discussions were based on the road car, which even more so should never be driven hard, let alone by someone who doesn't know how to drive it.

The Cizeta is definitely one of those crazy exceptions in the MR, originally designed as the Lamborghini Diablo it was a 200mph V16 monster and in GT6 it's about as difficult to drive as they come. But how many of us have driven this car in those situations and those speeds to know? Nobody because there are only like 20 of them in existance, none of which have likely been driven at racing speeds around a track. But I suppose we could compare to the actual Diablo for comparison since it is quite a close design.

But that's my issue here, people generalise way too much and often based on little knowledge of the actual cars they are driving. The Honda NSX drives beautifully, watching Ayrton Senna drive the early 90's NSX around Suzuka and it amazes me the simularities with the ingame car and it's driving behavior.

Gran Turismo isn't perfect, no simulator is. There are just as many complaints like this regarding iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 2 etc, simulators that are widely regarded as the best available.

The 1970 Toyota 7, perhaps one of the most difficult race cars to drive in GT5, is pretty much the same in GT6 and a walk in the park compared to the Diablo GT2 and GT40 Mark 1.
The Toyota is quite challenging but very rewarding while the Diablo and Ford are just exercises in clown car antics.

The RUF RGT is one of the easiest to drive cars in the game. Why is it on this list? :ouch:

Weight balance glitch. U can check test drive RUF RGT? Use +100kg balance weight and weight position front and rear lets test on track: CAPE RING SOUTH 3.2km.

The RUF BTR is hard to control because of its oversteering, it requires very smooth steering, but...
Today, I tried it with Sports Medium tires in front and Sports Soft in rear. And the behaviour was awesome! No oversteer (unless you do it on purpose), no noticable understeer. Perfect!
I feel like it was designed to have different grip tires in front & rear IRL.

People do not like what people don't understand..

I drove a few of the cars on the list after reading this, and had no spinning problems - and if I had spun, I knew exactly why I did (driver error). I've driven an MR2 very close the limit recently (couple months ago). If you brake into a turn, it's going to spin. Braking makes the weight come to the front, which means the rear tires lose grip. You need to apply throttle into a turn that you have braked hard for, or you won't have grip on the rear tires.

The F40 was great fun.

Comparing your lap times to GT5 is about as ridiculous as it gets.

People do not like what people don't understand..

I drove a few of the cars on the list after reading this, and had no spinning problems - and if I had spun, I knew exactly why I did (driver error). I've driven an MR2 very close the limit recently (couple months ago). If you brake into a turn, it's going to spin. Braking makes the weight come to the front, which means the rear tires lose grip. You need to apply throttle into a turn that you have braked hard for, or you won't have grip on the rear tires.

The F40 was great fun.

Comparing your lap times to GT5 is about as ridiculous as it gets.
This. No problem in driving MR cars with a G27. More effort is needed to drive them fast, but is the same in real life, isn't it?

This games new physics engine requires you to drive like you would in real life. The cars don't need to be fixed, the driving styles of those complaining however do. I don't like to be negative about the community but too many people are crying about gt6s physics vs. Gt5. Gt5 was a good game but was nowhere close to where 6 is in terms of replicating real world behavior. If you can't take the realistic nature of the game I suggest you stick to racing soft tires or seek your automotive thrills in another game.

Gt5 was a good game but was nowhere close to where 6 is in terms of replicating real world behavior. If you can't take the realistic nature of the game I suggest you stick to racing soft tires or seek your automotive thrills in another game.

:confused: What the heck are u smoking?
Gt6 replicating real world behaviour?:odd:
Boy, you are in for a surprise first time u drive in a race track..

I notice a lot of people are using - 2, maybe this is amplifying the problem?
I tried - 2 and its just too slow to catch/correct anything.
I use 0 DS3 sensitivity and don't have any major problems with any of the cars mentioned

I use a wheel and it's the exact opposite. With the wheel you'll easily overcorrect if you have the sensitivity at 0, besides i'm basing this on actual cars, the steering ratios are simply not accurate. In the real world, a more sensitive steering is only going to make a car feel more twitchy, with less sensitivity catching slides is no more difficult because you'll easily feel the wheel pulling into the slide due to the fact that the front wheels will always try to follow the path of least resistance.

If people are complaining about not being able to control these cars with a DS3, i have no recommendations for that since i can't drive with a gamepad either, especially when the physics are accurate enough that just the slightest input is required for directional changes, as with the Stratos.

Steering sensitivity does nothing to wheels, if it feels like it does you're imagining it. If not and they changed it from GT5, which would be odd with a lot of wheels having a way to change sensitivity with a button press, I guess I'm better at this game than I thought, being able to drive everything at 7 (it's set to that for the rare occasions I use a controller).

The Ford GT40 Mark 1 1966 is ok stock but when you begin to tinker with it, it's just about undriveable. Go over to the tuning section and look at setups for it, I think nearly all require adding extreme ballast to it. That compromise is far from ideal.

Challenge_accepted.png

Back