Spintires: Mudrunner

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by imported_rik19, Aug 20, 2017.

1. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Yes!!!!, not sure when its out though, loved playing this breifly on my woefully under powered pc...

Cowboy, Wolfe, Lubeify100 and 8 others like this.
  2. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

Nice, but I don't like how they changed the visual look of the cars. Probably to avoid copyright problems... But would be better if they requested license from the manufacturers.

3. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

ZDUPH and JASON_ROCKS1998 like this.
  4. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

It will be the same as on pc - 4 players.

Some info about the game:
    Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of the million-seller indie hit Spintires. Like Spintires before it, Spintires: MudRunner puts players in the driver seat and dares them to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme Siberian landscapes with only a map and compass as guides!

A huge upgrade over its predecessor, this edition comes complete with a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements. It’s not just an enhanced edition, it’s the ultimate off-road simulation experience!

Drive 19 powerful all-terrain vehicles, each with its own characteristics and attachable equipment. Complete your objectives and deliveries by enduring perilous conditions across wild, untamed landscapes in extreme conditions with dynamic day-night cycles. Explore an immersive sandbox environment, enhanced by improved graphics. Overcome muddy terrain, raging rivers and other obstacles that all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle powered by the game's advanced physics engine.

With your map, compass, winch, and your driving skills as allies, go solo or join up to three others in the coop multiplayer. Download mods created by the passionate community for truck-loads of content and an ever-evolving Spintires: MudRunner experience.

The ultimate version of the million-selling game Spintires
    A wider selection of 19 incredible all-terrain vehicles
    Explore an immense, untamed Siberian sandbox environment
    Overhauled graphics and advanced physics engine for extreme realism
    Complete perilous objectives and deliveries in extreme conditions
    New game mode for a greater challenger available for solo and 4 player-coop
    Download mods for an ever-evolving experience.

The game is really great for people interested in offroading/mudding/hard challanges with friends. I've played original Spintires for over 400 hours on pc, but only becouse it had loads (and I mean loads!) of user made maps and vehicles. Without map mods, the game gets boring after 25-30 hours!

imported_rik19 likes this.
  5. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I've had a bit of curiosity on this game since I watched NerdCubed play the original PC version.

A properly serious off road sim like this looks pretty fun.

6. MXH

MXH Premium

Was pleasantly surprised when I saw this popping up on my timeline on Facebook yesterday.

Definitely going to pick this up day one. I've always been extremely jealous of PC owners and crossed my fingers for a console version ever since. Can't wait!

7. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

I wonder when its out, anyone know..this year?

8. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

October, I believe.

9. MXH

MXH Premium

October, this year, according to their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/MudRunnerSpintires/?fref=ts

10. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Wow nice..

11. VXR

VXR

Oh yeah, Xbox version too. Now I'm happy.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  12. JeepXJFreak

JeepXJFreak Premium

@JASON_ROCKS1998 @Silver Arrows @AudiMan2011 shall we get this for XBOX One and enjoy the landscapes together?

The fact that they said there's going to be mods from the community is awesome as well. Hopefully someone makes a Jeep Cherokee XJ. :D

JASON_ROCKS1998 likes this.
  13. MeanElf

MeanElf

Likewise, I was aware of the original and had given up hope of ever seeing a console version turning up. This looks like it'll fill the bill. Now I just need to see if any photo mode will be available for consoles too.

14. Latvija27

Latvija27

I want it!

15. Parker

Parker

I enjoyed the game on PC but I haven't played it in a while. Did they ever fix the awful camera or add a cockpit view?

HarlemG27 likes this.
  16. Oh yes very nice. This gen just keeps getting better and better for driving game lovers. Baja is coming out too.

MrCrynox and imported_rik19 like this.
  17. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

If the PS4 version gets diddled out of mods Fallout 4 style, then I'll likely get the XB1 version.

ZDUPH likes this.
  18. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

Me, too. This looks really interesting. I'm going to pick it up when it comes out.

VXR likes this.
  19. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

I wouldn't count on any sort of photo mode. During 2-3 years of PC version there wasn't any photo mode, and only Dev version had free camera (Dev version was not available to people of course).

MXH, MeanElf and imported_rik19 like this.
  20. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

Likewise. Knowing Sony lately, that's probably going to be the case.

VXR and AudiMan2011 like this.
  21. moparmanmike

moparmanmike

The 1st one was fun to mess qround with with friends and a g29. Might be worth checkin out

22. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Yes it does but for me it is becoming overwhelming! So many games and so little time:lol:

lancia delta hf likes this.
  23. DeadHero

DeadHero

I've always wanted to play Spintires on console and this dream just finally came true. Can't wait!

24. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Finally! I feel like I have been watching Spintires gameplay for a lifetime. It was originally mentioned for console but I had given up hope of seeing it. I love exploring in games and this hugely challenging exploration title is what I have wanted for years.

So happy.

25. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

I have the original Spintires on PC and played it for 55 hours. The gameplay looks simple, but it's VERY addictive. The game also supports modifications on Steam Workshop (additional vehicles), but I wonder if they'll be supported on consoles.

I'm not sure if I'll buy this game on PS4, but I'll see... The fact that Spintires Mudrunner will have interior view is attractive.

HarlemG27 likes this.
  26. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

I hope they do. Because otherwise, I doubt this game has a long shelf life. It would be interesting to see how they do mods, however, especially considering that they don't have the benefit of a set up system like Steam Workshop. Maybe a set up like Bethesda has for console mods?

27. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

I absolutely enjoyed the original Spintires, especially with the mods. Great fun using (unofficially) licensed trucks/suvs from the Steam Workshop. (Able to play my Toyota Land Cruiser overlanding fantasies)

One thing I do hope they at least bring to this new version is the support for maps on the Steam Workshop. I only saw one map added, but then get removed not long after.

What are the differences between this and the original? Other than the dispute that caused an "outage" with the game that frustrated so many people. Happy to see it get some support, but sad the original lost it.

28. Lubeify100

Lubeify100

This game looks oddly satisfying to play! i'll check this one out

29. MXH

MXH Premium

I don't recall the original having photomode on PC and I doubt there will be one on consoles. You should still be able to take some interesting photos albeit very limited - if you're messing around with the third person view enough that is.

MeanElf likes this.
  30. MeanElf

MeanElf

I was afraid of that - still, as you say, there will be the screen capture mode if nowt else.