Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

When I was a little boy, (:D) I use to play a lot with matchbox cars and other miniature cars. While playing with these cars, I was very, very intrigued by how the suspension (only the wheels in certain models) worked. A few weeks ago, I watched a lot of videos about an R/C from Traxxas, the Unlimited Desert Racer because of the way the suspension on these R/C cars works.

It seems that Spintires and Mudrunner seem to have realistic suspension models and it is only for this that I'm interested in this game. Sadly enough the gameplay looks boring and not for me. Another game, which is also very limited when it comes to gameplay but has a realistic suspension model is Pure Rock Crawling.
It does look boring, but it is the perfect chill game. There are times I turn the playstation on because I want to play something, but flick through my games and I'm not in the mood for anything fast paced or where I need to concentrate, enter Spintires. It's worth buying in the sale, you wont know if you like it if you don't try it.

There actually aren't that many gaming experiences I've had that are as gratifying as narrowly escaping a sticky situation in Mudrunner. It keeps you on your toes like you probably wouldn't expect from gameplay videos.

Careless driving can easily screw you over.

I don't know what you mean
1PQulC.jpg

No Xbox. Only PC.

Does Mudrunner have a replay?

Ah that's a shame. I can only really echo what others have said and that the whole premise of the game is extremely entertaining and it's very easy to lose hours and hours playing without it ever feeling strenuous or dull. It's definitely a mainstay on my Xbox.

After reading all those posts I felt like playing MudRunner again, so bought it for the 3rd time, but on PS4 now. (Had original SpinTires and MudRunner on pc for year, but sold a gaming pc some time ago). Also picked up AW dlc. It's going to be fun on a 55" TV this time! :dopey:

Looking at youtube clips, Mudrunner's vehicles look so realistic and stunning. Every detail is working, like the drive shaft. Even how the chassis works is very beautiful to watch. The driver looks funny the way it moves in the cockpit.

The environment is not that good though. Too much fog or pale colours.

Last edited:
Looking at youtube clips, Mudrunner's vehicles look so realistic and stunning. Every detail is working, likeThe the drive shaft. Even how the chassis vehicles work is very beautiful to watch. The driver looks funny the way it moves in the cockpit.

Yep, that game engine is old and limited, they use fog to hide the low draw distance. Hopefully MudRunner 2 is going to fix that by looking at first screenshots from MR2 compared to old pre-release screenshots of MR1.

Yep, that game engine is old and limited, they use fog to hide the low draw distance. Hopefully MudRunner 2 is going to fix that by looking at first screenshots from MR2 compared to old pre-release screenshots of MR1.
The vehicles are one of the most beautiful models I have ever seen in a video game. But I like old rat-looking beaten up rusted vehicles.

UE4 engine with the same beautiful vehicles and I this game is superb.

Looking at youtube clips, Mudrunner's vehicles look so realistic and stunning. Every detail is working, like the drive shaft. Even how the chassis works is very beautiful to watch. The driver looks funny the way it moves in the cockpit.

The graphics are a but flat, could do with a little more contrast. But the environment as a whole really captures that relaxing outdoor feel. The sunrise is nice too.

SNOW! So much snow :D

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/41374/community-update-1-snowrunner

Living up to its name, SnowRunner will feature vast snow maps to get lost in, along with a ton of new vehicles, missions, and gameplay to keep you coming back for more. And don’t think we’ve forgotten about the mud - SnowRunner will of course also feature snowless maps where you can wrestle with the mud to your heart’s content.

SnowRunner launches in 2020 on PS4, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Game Store. After months of teasing, we’re happy to unveil more about the game. Starting today, we will share regular news on what’s going on in development with new screenshots, videos, and updates

Last edited:
I saw an International Harvester Scout (0:20). The vehicle list will be interesting to see. More compact 4x4s? :)

Like @MXH said, I hope the maps are vast indeed. I'm also curious what they could have in store in terms of missions and gameplay. MudRunner was a great step forward in terms of compelling content for this sort of game.

Epic Store? Guess I'm not buying it then :indiff:

Although, maybe the store won't be trash by the time the game releases.

Excited, but I didn't realize it would be exclusively on the Epic Game Store. Which means...no Steam Workshop mods. :indiff:

They've confirmed that the game will support mods on PC at launch and they're hoping to have them on console post-launch too. I imagine they're building in their own workshop system.

Looks like Russian vehicles will be there again.
I see a GAZ 69A at 0:18 and 0:27 (but the front grill is different, no license again).
E3c64zZTwrzWGqjwfitgMA=s800

The 8-wheeler at 0:23 seems to be a GAZ 59037A, a civilian off-road vehicle based on the BTR-80, an amphibious APC.
000zk3cf

Latest Posts

Back