Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

MMX
I don't have a problem with the camera so much, but the steering not auto centering in a timely manner, can be a pain.

The steering feels much heavier and slower than in the original game, that's the one thing I'm having difficulty adapting to. I'd guess it's now more realistic but I've never driven any trucks that big!

I got through the tutorial and then decided to do the first challenge with the Rig. Yep, I got that well and truly stuck fairly quickly after turning off the highway. I love it already, it's exactly what I've wanted to experience for a long time.

Does anyone know how to complete the challenge with the 2 trucks going across the fast moving rivers? I can get past the first 2 but the 3rd one just carries my truck off and there's nothing I can do to get it out. It doesn't help that the only YouTube videos I can find on how to do it are at night so you can't see anything....

Last edited:
@Moglet If you are talking about challenge with kraz, kamaz and 2 big trailers. Here is my method. Cross the first river with both trucks and for the second river crossing just go with kraz alone. After crossing the river, detach trailer and go back for the second trailer, get it through with kraz and then just drive with kamaz without a trailer. Going with everything together is almost impossible as kamaz gets stuck in mud while towing it behind.

@Moglet If you are talking about challenge with kraz, kamaz and 2 big trailers. Here is my method. Cross the first river with both trucks and for the second river crossing just go with kraz alone. After crossing the river, detach trailer and go back for the second trailer, get it through with kraz and then just drive with kamaz without a trailer. Going with everything together is almost impossible as kamaz gets stuck in mud while towing it behind.

Thanks for the advice, I will give this a go later on this evening. 👍 I did detach the trailer earlier but it ended up stuck on a rock with the attachable end sitting so high in the air it couldn't be recovered :lol:

Challenge 3 with the rock crawl was great fun. Rolled it the first time and got the stunt driver badge, nailed it the second. It feels good when your brain clicks and you realised a locked differential with one stuck wheel won't help you and you switch it off. Really makes you feel more involved.

Finished the Bog last night, but not seeing any other locations. I just see the Bog again.

Also, can't figure out how to complete the challenge where you're loading logs with the crane. There's 3 locations, and I do them all, don't see anything else to do, but the mission doesn't end.

Enjoy the game play, but the interface is terrible.

MMX
Finished the Bog last night, but not seeing any other locations. I just see the Bog again.

Also, can't figure out how to complete the challenge where you're loading logs with the crane. There's 3 locations, and I do them all, don't see anything else to do, but the mission doesn't end.

You have to select one of the points on the logs in the back of your truck to "pack" them, then drive to the marked area. If you think this interface is terrible you should try the original game!

Discovered the way to something like free roam mode by starting a privately lobby and not inviting anyone. Cue a failed river crossing in the small off roader, then tipping it on its side and stalling it out by winching too enthusiastically. Best of all, I ended up driving more or less over it in the 8 wheel beast trying to put it back on its wheels. Got the damage back down to 240/300 and crawled very slowly opening up the rest of the Island map. It shouldn’t be fun but it really, really is.

Would love some 4x4s that aren’t Soviet on console. Some Land Cruisers, Defenders, early Gelandewagen etc.

VXR
Would love some 4x4s that aren’t Soviet on console. Some Land Cruisers, Defenders, early Gelandewagen etc.
That’s why I got the game on both PS4 and PC. PS4 is for actually playing the game and PC is for mods:tup:

Unless they get mods available for consoles as well.

MMX

To change maps you need to highlight the map then select it which brings up the other maps for you to choose from. You can also change the vehicles you start with.

To change maps you need to highlight the map then select it which brings up the other maps for you to choose from. You can also change the vehicles you start with.
Thanks. I figured it out, like I said earlier, the UI could really use some work, but it sure is fun.

So the C375 isn't quite as good as the C260?
Yes, the C-260 is also more powerful (300 hp vs 180 in real life, not sure about the game), but it's also heavier, bigger and less maneuverable in a narrow space.

Thanks 👍
And if you have that information easily accessible then yes!! it would be very interesting.
Real-life specs (may be different in the game):

A-469 - UAZ 469 '72 - 75 hp, 4x4, 1650 kg
A-3151 - UAZ 31514 '93 - 92 hp, 4x4, 1750 kg
A-968M - ZAZ 968M Zaporozhets '79 - 45 hp, 4x2 (RR), 840 kg
B-66 - GAZ 66 '67 - 120 hp, 4x4, 3470 kg
B-130 - ZiL 130 '63 - 150 hp, 4x2, 4300 kg
B-131 - ZiL 131 '66 - 150 hp, 6x6, 6375 kg
C-375 - Ural 375D '64 - 180 hp, 6x6, 8400 kg
C-4320 - Ural 4320 '77 - 210 hp, 6x6, 8050 kg
C-432010 - Ural 4320 '95 - 300 hp (?), 6x6, ~8 tonnes
C-255 - KrAZ 255 '67 - 240 hp, 6x6, 11950 kg
C-256 - KrAZ 257 '65 - 240 hp, 6x4, 11100 kg
C-260 - KrAZ 260 '79 - 300 hp, 6x6, 12775 kg
C-4310 - KamAZ 4310 '79 - 210 hp, 6x6, 8410 kg
C-65111 - KamAZ 65225 '07 (?) - 320~360 hp (?), 6x6, ~11 tonnes
C-65115 - KamAZ 65115 '04 - 260 hp, 6x4, 7700 kg
D-537 - MAZ 537G '59 - 525 hp, 8x8, 21.6 tonnes
E-7310 - MAZ 7310 Uragan '76 - 525 hp, 8x8, 23 tonnes
K-700 - Kirovets K-700A '75 - 235 hp, 4x4, 12.8 tonnes

Last edited:
I started a hardcore game on The Crossing tonight, to check off the "Old, Still Good" trophy by getting the B-130 over to the north side of the river with the paved roads. :)

I began with the B-130 and A-469, so I was counting on being given a truck that could cross the river. Luckily, you get a C-255 on the near side. I used that to tow the B-130 across the river, and drove the K-700 across too, with a B-66 to provide fuel at the crossing point.

Then all I had to do was load short logs onto the B-130 with the K-700 and complete the mill on the north side of the river. There was still plenty of winching, but only to get from the road to the kiosk/mill and back. :D Now I just have to complete the second mill with the C-255 to finish the map.

On this map I got my first chance to drive the A-968M...I get that it's a little 40hp car, but the game portrays it as having a fraction of that. :odd:

On this map I got my first chance to drive the A-968M...I get that it's a little 40hp car, but the game portrays it as having a fraction of that. :odd:
The real Zaporozhets has some decent off-road capabilities, despite of the power. Thanks to the little weight and weight distribution (the mass center is shifted to the rear and loads the driving wheels).

I didn't drive it in the game yet (only completed the first map), but I want to hear how they recreated the sound of that air-cooled V4 in the game. :D

The real Zaporozhets has some decent off-road capabilities, despite of the power. Thanks to the little weight and weight distribution (the mass center is shifted to the rear and loads the driving wheels).

I didn't drive it in the game yet (only completed the first map), but I want to hear how they recreated the sound of that air-cooled V4 in the game. :D

I don't doubt it; same as how the VW Beetle has a bit of a reputation on dirt (and the various things that have been built out of Beetles). :)

Wish the game had a snow map. Otherwise I'm having more fun with the game than I thought I would.

Also, weren't we supposed to get a supposed sandbox map? I seem to see the same question asked on other forums as well...

Last edited:
Stancenation

ndXAFA.jpg

I completed the Delivery Mission challenge last night, which took a few attempts. Those crossings are serious business, and I'm now sure I dislike the C-255; give it any excuse and all it wants to do is excavate wheel-shaped holes. It does have the weight necessary to pull the submerged truck out of the current, but I relied on the C-65111 to get the rest of the job done.

There wasn't much to see in the dark, but it looked like a nifty map so I went back in to explore with the A-469. It was simple enough to winch the utility trailer on its side, winch the A-469 onto its wheels, fuel it up, and fix the damage from the spill.

The A-469 made it through the first crossing okay, and then I climbed up the slope, scrambling over the rock and into the woods. The top of the second river was a little more exciting, so I tethered myself to a tree just in case:

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171114013241.jpg

The woods were pretty tight from here on, enough so that I carried a souvenir for a little while. :lol:

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171114013514.jpg

I made it to the vista point I was after, to take a screenshot of the challenge route down on the shore:

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171114013620.jpg

The next crossing was doubtful, but I wanted to see if I could make it up the hill on the other side.

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171114013809.jpg

Needless to say...it didn't work out. :dopey:

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171114013847.jpg

I might try again starting from the shore near the destination. It's a cool map to do four-wheeling. :)

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171114014154.jpg

That's awesome @Wolfe , I had no idea they were fully fledged maps with so much detail! It would be cool to see them released at some point (unless they're just taken from the main maps).

I went on my own little adventure today but mine was going downhill instead.

The view from the top:
2ynC9Z.jpg

WA0dTj.jpg

Brakes on full but it's not working:
505CO3.jpg

I took some damage, as well as receiving a free gift of a tree branch, but I made it:
9edmj9.jpg

The hill on the map:
73zOQl.jpg

That's awesome @Wolfe , I had no idea they were fully fledged maps with so much detail! It would be cool to see them released at some point (unless they're just taken from the main maps).
The challenge maps are all unique. Unfortunately, I tried exploring some of the others and found myself hitting invisible walls! The map for The Expedition is another nice one, though, and freely explorable since the objectives necessitate that. It also lets you play with the A-3151, which I still haven't quite unlocked yet.

I platinumed the game last week, so I’ve taken a break from it for a week.
So today, I started to re-do the maps with a 1-star-rating using the C-255. So far, Seashore is easy. I guess the hardest map will be Deluge. I have no idea how to finish that with a 1-star vehicle:lol:

I want to do all the maps with a one star rating too. I completed The Seashore yesterday with one star on the first try, just taking the A-469 because you always get the trucks you need for log deliveries (although I've read the provided trucks are randomized, which is a nice touch). Checked off multiple more trophies, too, including "Logger" for a spill while taking a shortcut around one of the blockposts -- they were medium logs on a cart trailer, so I managed to winch myself upright and keep the three loose logs without having to scoop them up again. :lol:

After the mills were completed I went for another climb in the A-469, which went well until trying to get onto the rocky peaks.

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171115234532.jpg

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171115234548.jpg

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171115234726.jpg

But this was the last map I needed for the A-3151, which will now be my go-to ride! :D So I went right back in to try a second time. I actually managed to winch myself onto the start of the other peak with a downhill tree, clipping the winch cable through the rock, but the craggy and unpredictable surface bested me again. Those things are tough to navigate:

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171115235700.jpg

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171116000306.jpg

MudRunner_ A Spintires game_20171116000443.jpg

5 out of 6 done. I’m not that confident that I’ll be able to finish Deluge with one star in Hardcore-mode, but I’ll give it a shot. Maybe some time this week.
313FA256-51D6-49D5-9CAC-965B0C2C430E.png

On Island map, I decided to use a MAZ with a trailer to deliver short logs (two packs at a time). But on the loading point, it was tricky to line up both the truck and the trailer close to the crane truck, because the turning radius of this thing with a trailer is pretty large. So what did I do? I parked the truck and the trailer separately, loaded the logs on both, then assembed the roadtrain.
MAZ 537 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

MAZ 537 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

VXR
After the last update, the game doesn't crash with most mods anymore so I play with them again. Started Seashore with Land Rover Series III, ZiL 157 and UAZ 2206.

Land Rover Series III & ZiL 157 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Land Rover Series III & ZiL 157 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Land Rover Series III by RageRacer48, on Flickr

The Land Rover is probably one of the best mods currently available. But I liked the ZiL, too.

There's a video review:

Last edited:
I just finished The Deluge (four stars, taking just the D-537)...so now I've got all the maps beaten in hardcore mode, as well as three stars on all the challenges and most of the trophies. :) I'm very pleased with how this game turned out, and I'm glad they gave it another shot under the new publisher. 👍 👍

I’ve spent the last 2-3 days trying to find a way across Deluge with a 1-star truck (C-255) and a garagetrailer. That has to be one of the most time consuming and hardest things that I’ve ever done in a videogame. I’ve made it more than halfway across, only to get either caught by the current or fine a hole that I can’t drive up from.
It seems pretty impossible, but I’ll keep trying every now and then.

Back