Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

I’ve spent the last 2-3 days trying to find a way across Deluge with a 1-star truck (C-255) and a garagetrailer.

I got across the northern section with the B-130 ( and a lot of winching) after trying and failing many, many times in the A-3151.
I didn't try it with the the garage trailer though... I'm going to use the heavier vehicles i've unlocked on the map for towing and logging.

I got it!! :D 👍

deluge_one_star.jpg

After finding my way around the first time I couldn't help but take another shot at it today. Wow.

I selected the trusty A-3151, and made sure the D-535 spawned on the northern island instead of the B-66. I left the trailers and crossed to the north, avoiding a fight with the current as much as possible. The route I took started from some shallows west of the end of the paved road.

I unlocked the D-535 and K-700, then drove the D-535 to the fuel station. I recalled the A-3151 to the D-535, then drove the A-3151 to unlock the E-7310, bringing it to the fuel station.

With the E-7310's large tank filled, I took it on a long journey to bring back both garage trailers one at a time. I could have winched them together, but I played it safe; I even kept off my planned log delivery route to avoid digging it up too much. Along the way, I recalled the A-3151 a few more times to collect watchpoints for water depth mapping. On one of the return trips, I brought the K-700 over for a fuel-up and took it across.

With everything on the far side, I loaded the D-535 with a bed and trailer of short logs, and the E-7310 with a trailer of short logs, for nine points. I still didn't relax until those logs were safely on land on the east side! :lol:

I have three more maps to complete with one star, but they should be a breeze by comparison... :crazy:

I got across the northern section with the B-130...I didn't try it with the the garage trailer though...
Cheater! :P
I have three more maps to complete with one star, but they should be a breeze by comparison... :crazy:
They are. I think Island isn’t even remotely close of beeing a challenge. The same goes for Seashore and, depending on what truck that spawns on the south side, Crossing.

I think I’ll try start Deluge with one of the small 4x4’s tonight...even if it’s a bit of cheating :P;)

:)

Mudrunner One Star.jpg

What a mess I got myself into for the last game! Coming back to The Bog for my final one star run, I was feeling confident and decided to collect the My Only Love trophy while I was at it, so I took the C-256.

I equipped myself with the crane + short log assembly, and towed a short log trailer on a winch cable (the crane blocks the trailer hitch). The first run with the trailer was a very close call on fuel, but after pulling it off I figured the second run without the trailer would be easier. It was a near total disaster.

In the dark, I inadvertently dug myself into a set of ruts that were too far from any tree to winch myself out. I was screwed, and had nothing but the crane...so I started pushing and clawing! :lol: Out of determination I actually managed to pivot the rear end over, finding just enough traction to reverse out, barely. It took a while, but the success was worth the struggle -- Spintires in a nutshell. :D

I am doing something horribly wrong as it took me 4 hours and 20 minutes to complete the first map :crazy::lol:

At about 3 hours playtime, on the way to bring my second and last load of middle long wood to finish (dont know how sägewerk is called in english) my loading truck rolled over at a waterish area when i tried to Drive around some deep water and underestimated the weight of the load:ill:

Then i drove there with my crane truck and tried to rescue the loading truck with the crane and guess what, that thing rolled over too while i fooled around with the crane fully extended :mad:

Then it finally clicked in my head and i towed both trucks upright with the winch on the K700 💡

After that both trucks rolled over again while trying load the wood and drive away and i had to tow and load again....

Played on simulation mode, its really something special when you have to do everything yourself in that game, like it :)

Just fired this up and finding it a little weird so far. I aced all of the maps in the original Spintires but am finding there is more of a tendency for vehicles to get bogged/dig-in with this. The first challenge was a total ballache trying to reverse the trailer into place until I realised it was far easier to turn around behind the parking spot and drive forwards into it (even though it tells you to reverse) and now I am trying the hill challenge and bizarrely if you click "start tutorial" you can't even get your car out of the river (even though you have clearly already started the dang tutorial). However if you don't click it and engage diff lock and AWD you can crawl away relatively easily. Just don't stop to remove that prompt/button. Not cool.

Just fired this up and finding it a little weird so far. I aced all of the maps in the original Spintires but am finding there is more of a tendency for vehicles to get bogged/dig-in with this. The first challenge was a total ballache trying to reverse the trailer into place until I realised it was far easier to turn around behind the parking spot and drive forwards into it (even though it tells you to reverse) and now I am trying the hill challenge and bizarrely if you click "start tutorial" you can't even get your car out of the river (even though you have clearly already started the dang tutorial). However if you don't click it and engage diff lock and AWD you can crawl away relatively easily. Just don't stop to remove that prompt/button. Not cool.

I'm finding the opposite myself, the original game felt much more aggressive in terms of the mud being sticky and deep, at least in a few of the original iterations when it was in early access. I also remember when the branches on the road would stop your truck every few feet :lol:

New update available. Looks like wheel support has been added as well as an option to center the camera on the truck. Also when in cockpit mode you can look behind the truck, when looking to the far left the character actually rests his arm on the door and sticks his head out the window. 👍

I'm finding the opposite myself, the original game felt much more aggressive in terms of the mud being sticky and deep, at least in a few of the original iterations when it was in early access. I also remember when the branches on the road would stop your truck every few feet :lol:

I agree now I've got going, the main campaign with default vehicles and on casual setting isn't too difficult, but I was referring to those specific challenges and initial settings, which were weird for something that was a tutorial.

I guess if you have the time, re-try the first challenge by actually reversing the trailer into position, then try the hill challenge, click the "tutorial" button immediately to get rid of it then try to pull away out of that stream/river.

It seems to me like the heavier trucks aren't as capable as before, while the lighter vehicles like the A-469 actually have a shot at getting somewhere compared to the original release.

But any differences are compounded by me switching from a KB+M to the DS4 with analog throttle control.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/3027/announcing-free-dlc-the-valley/2

Hello all!

It's now been just over two months since Spintires: MudRunner launched, and it's our absolute pleasure to announce the first DLC for Spintires: MudRunner, The Valley.

We currently plan for this first DLC to release in February. It will be a free content update, and available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. This first DLC will include brand new content for the game, in many different forms. Firstly, it will introduce a brand new map, also called The Valley, which is a very large heavily forested map. Similar to Deluge in the base game, you will start outside of a garage, and will need to claim one for yourself.

In addition to a brand new map, we will also be introducing three new powerful vehicles. These three vehicles can be used on any map, provided you have enough progression points unlocked. Like for other maps and their specific vehicles, you won't have to spend points to use these vehicles in The Valley.

There will be the A-969, a powerful 4x4 vehicle, specially adapted to the heavily forested terrain of The Valley.

The C-6317, a six-wheeled truck able to sport a wide arrangement of add-ons.

And the E-7429, a very large 8x8 truck with a special hidden talent. We'll have more information on each of these vehicles in the lead up to release, in weekly vehicle presentations and factsheets once again.

Not only will there be new vehicles and a new map in The Valley, but there will also be eight new addons.

These are as follows:

• C-6317 Spare Wheel
  • A-969 Spare Wheel
  • A-969 Fuel Canisters
  • A-969 Garage Parts
  • A-969 Utility Attachment
  • E-7429 Advanced Trailer Hitch
  • E-7429 Repair Kit
  • E-7429 Garage Semi-Trailer (Also compatible with the E-7310 from the base game)
  • Medium log trailer (compatible with some trucks from the base game)
For the modders out there, there will be some more assets for you to play with when making your maps and vehicles!

These are:

• E-7310 trailer hitch
  • A broken tree asset, which is currently only used on the The Valley
  • A dirt road terrain overlay type, which is also currently only used on The Valley
Players will be able to muck around in The Valley as soon as the DLC is installed, so if you've just got the game, and not finished other maps, don't worry! You can get stuck into The Valley all the same.

Your goals on The Valley will be similar to classic maps, unlocking other garages and lumber mills around the map.

We look forward to sharing you more about the DLC as time goes on!

That's not all, though! In addition to this new DLC news, we'd like to say that we plan on doing a monthly community update for you all, sharing what we're working on, and introducing some cool things that we've seen from the community.

Talk to you soon!

VXR
Interested in the powerful new 4x4.
A-969? What could it be?..

Perhaps... LuAZ 969? Powerful? :lol:
1432202706_luaz-969.jpg

This thing has the same engine as the ZAZ 968M ("A-968m" in the game) - 45 hp air-cooled V4.

The C-6317, a six-wheeled truck able to sport a wide arrangement of add-ons.

And the E-7429, a very large 8x8 truck with a special hidden talent. We'll have more information on each of these vehicles in the lead up to release, in weekly vehicle presentations and factsheets once again.

"C-6317" - that could be MAZ 6317, a 6x6 truck used by the Belarusian military. From the creators of "D-537" and "E-7310".
The engine power is 330 or 420 hp, depending on the version.
secondc3c5be8840c0ad0b8a94a84f06a215cb.jpg

It already exists as a mod in Steam Workshop.

"E-7429" - that's probably Volat MZKT 7429.