Spongeinside GT6 Photography

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Spongeinside

Hi all, Welcome to my new GT6 gallery! Here I'll showcase all my GT6 photomode pictures for you to enjoy!

Constructive criticism is always welcome, as I'm always looking to learn new stuff and try to improve my skills.

I'll be updating this index to have a central place to keep track of new photo sets, so stay tuned and check back soon for new pictures!
26-4-2014 *Updated with fancy thumbnails!*

Last edited:
Renault Mégane Trophy at Motegi.
Only 2 shots this time, to not 'over do' it on the Mégane pics ;)

I call these 'The flame thrower', for obvious reasons ;)

Last edited:
Renault Mégane RS trophy at Motegi.
Final Mégane pictures, I promise!

I wanted to see if the GT6 tuning options, both cosmetic and under the hood, would be able to bring this car as close as possible to it's bigger brother. And I must say, cosmetically it of course can't match it, but power wise, this car (fully tuned) can actually match an un-tuned Trophy car, well, at least with my driving skills. At Motegi I could actually match the laptimes I did in the race car! The race car, fully tuned, laps around 15~20 seconds a lap faster, but still, I was pretty impressed by the performance the RS showed.

Last edited:
Light Car Company Rocket.

Something very different this time. I loved this car since I first saw it on tv, and when word came out it would be included in GT6, I just had to have it. The way this car looks, is in a lot of ways pretty similar to the 1960-ish F1 cars, which in my opinion are some of the coolest looking F1 cars.

Anyway, what better track to do a shoot than the (in)famous Nürburgring Nordschleife? A track the 1960-ish F1 cars actually raced on. This time I took a bit more time to take pictures, as it wasn't late in the evening :P
But again, no editing was done on any of the pictures (except the lower right corner obviously).

Last edited:
Nice set Jeroen :)
It's always a pleasure to have your feedback about the cars you test :) Some nice photos of this little rocket on the Nürb with, as often, some original angles and a good use of the scenery 👍

Nice set Jeroen :)
It's always a pleasure to have your feedback about the cars you test :) Some nice photos of this little rocket on the Nürb with, as often, some original angles and a good use of the scenery 👍
Thanks :D #11 is my personal favorite, the depth of field came out pretty nicely :)

My favourite from your latest update, has to be the first shot.
Thanks :D At first I didn't like that one at all because of the gray horizontal line, but when I had the pictures on my laptop, I saw it was just a powerline or something and not something wrong with the picture :)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV "R" at Brands Hatch GP.

Since I did a i-MiEV photoshoot in GT5, and GT6 enables a bit more customization, I just had to revisit this little gem :D
So fully decked out with all tuning parts and a awesome body kit, I took it out on track at Brands Hatch to see what it's capable of!
Performance wise the car hasn't changed much, but it does feel more stable, probably because of the added downforce and hard racing suspension (and of course GT6 physics are a bit different). The car feels almost glued to the track, but top speed isn't very high, and acceleration isn't as great as you might expect from an electric car, but then again, the i-MiEV just isn't a very powerful car to begin with, unlike the Tesla for example. So keeping momentum is very important to make it around the track quickly or not lose ground on the competition in a race.

Anyway, here's the pictures of the i-MiEV "R" ;) No editing again, just raw shots.
(they're arranged by track location, not time taken)

Last edited:
Mercedes Benz Vision GT.

To be honest, I like the looks of the car, but the handling isn't really what I expected it to be when I first took it out. It has lots of power but not so much grip, so if you're like me, and don't like TC, you'll need a very steady foot on the throttle.
Today I decided to take it for a spin at Silverstone, and spun it in the very first corner, my right foot wasn't prepared yet for the power of this car. So after struggling for the next few corners I slowly started to get a feel for it and a few laps in I kinda got a hang of the car but having to be careful every corner kinda sucks.. So I guess this car will return to its warm garage until I've got a decent set-up for it. I've painted it a matte blue, as I didn't really like any of the colors it came with, but from some angles it looks a bit odd, like there's dirt on it or something..

Anyway, here's the pictures!​

Last edited:
The return of the iMiev ;) Why am I not surprised to see this car in your gallery :lol:
As usual some nice and original angles in your sets.
Original color for the AMG VGT 👍

KTM X-Bow at Suzuka.

Since day one, or actually, even before I owned GT6, I knew I just had to have her, even if she costs a fortune or drives like crap, I just had to have her! Fortunately she wasn't all that expensive, and also handles pretty well :D

I'm a big fan of the KTM orange color, but after watching a few replays, it kinda became boring somehow... It looked like every other KTM X-Bow out there so I had to fix that ;) Chrome blue became the color of my choice, because it just looks so darn awesome! The setup needed some tweaking for stability but not much and this beauty became a dream to drive.

So I took her out for a quick blast around Suzuka, so this beauty could show what she's got...​
(#1 and #2 are a bit over exposed, didn't figure out how to fix that, but did fix it with the others although #2 makes it look pretty nice)

Last edited:
Peugeot RCZ at Gemasolar.

No on-track shoot this time, just some beauty shots at the solar 'farm'.

When I bought the car I wanted to make it look as closely as possible to the RCZ that's used for racing, so with a front splitter and a rear wing that looked most like the one on the race version, the car was ready to go.

Given the looks of the car it's a bit odd that it's FWD, and that in mind is was a bit weird driving it for the first time. The look suggest RWD, but the torque-steer reminds you it's not, not at all. It takes a bit getting used to, but once you get a feel for the car, it's pretty good to drive, although the under-steer is something that needs tweaking. Driving the car somehow feels kinda slow, but when you look at the speedo, you'll notice that you're going 200+ km/h without too much trouble.

I hope we'll get a real racing version of this car in the future, a RM one or 'Base' model, because this car just begs to be raced.​

Last edited:
Nic work on this two last sets Jeroen 👍
My fav' in the RCZ set are the second one (nice composition), the third and the last (beautiful close shot).
In the Xbow one, my fav' is the third (good choice of angle).

Thanks! :D I like those the best too from the RCZ set, not that I don't like the others (wouldn't have posted them if I didn't) but the lines of this car are a bit hard to capture in a picture. When watching a replay I see all these beautiful lines of the car and then when I stop to take a picture, it just seems to disappear... So that's part of why I chose to do the shoot at a 'travel location' instead of at a track :) Plus I'd hadn't been to this one and wanted a industrial like background to offset the flowing lines of this car.
With the X-Bow set I had a lot of trouble with the exposure, it kept acting weird and I had to constantly adjust it, maybe it's because of the chrome color reflecting too much light? I don't know, but at the end the pictures came out decent enhough :)

I've found that a few of my sets had a weird dot on the pictures... I messed something up while putting the "[c]Spongeinside" overlay on them.

I'm currently working on fixing it, so some picture may be temporary unavailable.

**UPDATE**
All fixed now :)

Last edited:
Thanks :) I've been trying different watermarks, but none really came out the way I liked it, so I'm keeping it simple with this one for now :P

Peugeot RCZ at Ronda.

After she took off her elegant white dress and put on her orange racing suit, it was time for her to pose again!​

dat ass.....

Red Bull X2014 junior at Ascari.

So after today's update 1.02, the Red Bull X challenge became available. With it come a few new cars, the Red Bull kart and the Red Bull X2014 junior car. Also a 'normal' X2014 is in the works with a fan system and one without it. But from what I've seen so far, those aren't yet available.

Anyway, after doing the kart championship, the X2014jr. championship became available, which for me was absolutely one of the best championships yet in the game. The car needed some getting used to as you can push it way harder than you'd initially think. The championship wasn't too hard, but also not too easy, a pretty fair challenge for the average driver I think. But to come to the point, after the championship you're rewarded with a X2014jr. car in the color of your choice. I initially wanted the orange one, but in the preview it looked way darker than I thought it would be, so I thought I chose the lighter one, but in the split second after I clicked ok, I realized I chose the yellow one instead. But not really a problem as both the karting and X2014jr. championships earned me enough money to but a extra X2014jr. So I picked the white one, as that one also looks really bad a*s :P

After an oil change (which increases pp) I took this little beast of a machine out at Ascari for a 'private test session' :P And below are the pictures for you to enjoy hopefully ;)

Lifting the front wheel over the curb in the first chicane...
I love how the sun reflects on the body...
Another low shot and close up of the cockpit, with again nice sunshine reflecting on the car :)

And a little bonus shot, because we can...

When I saw it on flickr yesterday I was wondering what this thing was (but pretty sure I would be the new Redbull plane on wheel :P ).
As often, great choice of angles in this new set (almost all pics have an original angle here) and nice light also in these pics 👍

Thanks! I was kinda suprised some angles actually worked out like I had them in my head :)

If you haven't tried the X2014jr yet, I advise to do it as soon as possible, it's really a awesome car to race.. Very controllable, unlike it's bigger brothers..

Thanks! I was kinda suprised some angles actually worked out like I had them in my head :)

If you haven't tried the X2014jr yet, I advise to do it as soon as possible, it's really a awesome car to race.. Very controllable, unlike it's bigger brothers..
Hope I would be able to try it this evening (haven't play to GT6 since this monday...).

Red Bull X2014jr. at Nordschleife.

I took her out for a evening run at the Nordschleife today and was stunned by how beautiful the sunset looked. I just had to do a photo shoot to hopefully capture a bit of the beautiful sun set :D

All photo's are taken from a single position and tried some different angles to see what looked best.

I'm also trying a new watermark for this set :)

Last edited:
Back