Spongeinside GT6 Photography

Mazda LM55 VGT at Mid-Field Raceway

This time it's not really a 'normal' photo set like I usally do, I just wanted to take some pictures of this car and they turned out better then I thought they would, so I decided to share them! :D

I've spend quite a lot of time with this car doing laps around the 'new' Mid-Field track. But that first corner is quite tricky to get right (for someone of my average skill I guess) and I kept making mistakes there, braking just a hair too late, not enough steering input, wrong gear etc. so I went off a lot of times making the car pretty dirty :) Luckily the VGT's don't show damage so going off a lot and hitting some walls here and there only make the car dirty.. which is good in this case as I like it how cars get dirty..

Anyway, after some laps I thought it would be the right time to take some shots and look at some of the cool lines and angels on this car.

Only 4 pictures and I hope you'll enjoy them :)

Honda Civic type R at Mid-Field Raceway

Since I was at Mid-Field anyway, I decided to take out my Honda Civic and put the pedal to the metal! :D

I based the car, as I usually do, to match something like you'd see in a typical tourincar series, some aero parts, racing rims and pretty much everything 'racing' under the hood. Completed with ofcourse a racing number and some cool colors, the car was ready to go.

The car's handling isn't too exciting, very neutral and stable, it's very good to do long stints in, but also in short sprints it can stand it's own :) There actually isn't much I can say about the car, it's just very fun to push as hard as you can in it and it can really take a beating.

Some pictures took a while to get right, the ones from the bridge down took ages to get as I had to 'walk' almost half way around the track, but in the end I think they came out pretty nice.

Hope you'll like'm!​

https://flic.kr/p/qtofur

Mitsubishi i-MiEV "R" at Tsukuba Circuit

Yes I know what you're probably thinking, "the i-MiEV AGAIN?!?".. yes.. deal with it :P

j/k But yes, again the i-MiEV.. But today I was testing my new colors for it :) And I think it looks pretty nice to be honest. I changed it from a blue and orange combo to a black, white and orange combo, the same colors as my favorite shoes.. yes my shoes :P

Anyway, I was testing my new colors in a quick race against some AI and as some of the dirt on the car shows, they tried to make it hard for me to get past them. As AI's suck at corners, in some they're soooo slow it's embarrassing and sometimes caused collisions..

So when watching the replay I thought of something fun to do, to take pictures of the car in 1 spot and only from the predefined camera positions that that specific spot offers :) I did one angle twice as it looked good in portrait and landscape.

I hope you'll like'm!​

still sucks you can't use your own helmet in the quick race :(

Ford Fusion NASCAR at RedBull Ring

I was really amazed at how well this car handled, it took a tiny bit of getting used to, but once I settled in, driving it was awesome! I don't really know much about NASCAR cars, so I choose this car because I thought looked nice :) But as I'm not really an oval racer I took it out on a road course for it's shake down and photoshoot.

Hope you'll like the pictures!​

RedBull X2014 jr. at Circuit Park Dronten

Since the Track Path Editor app and GT6 update were released, I've been pretty much only busy with making tracks and racing on them. But this track I made, "Circuit Park Dronten" is pretty much my favorite track of them all (of the ones I've made myself at least). Racing this track with the RBx2014jr. is really great!

I've been racing the track so much, I haven't really taken much time to take any pictures apart for the ones you'll see below :)
For the first one I've messed around a bit with putting on a racing livery, I'm not that good at photoshopping that kind of stuff in, but I like it anyway. The two others just raw shots.

I hope you'll like'm and if you've got some time, you should really check out track! :D

Back